Jason Sosa: I Know I Did Enough To Beat Yuriorkis Gamboa!

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Afterwards, Sosa made it clear that he felt he was the rightful winner.

"I was a fun fight. I took some breaks but I thought I did enough to win. I know I did enough to win the fight. I didn't get hurt at all during the fight. I spar with middleweights so that was nothing," Sosa said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jason-sosa-i-know-i-enough-beat-yuriorkis-

gamboa-sosa-scorecard.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/yuriorkis-gamboa-vs-jason-sosa-official-scorecards-photo--122812

I thought he won the fight but with the added knockdown and point deduction he should have won very clearly.

Hey, and classy response.
It's not the last we'll see of Sosa.

Yeah, Sosa should have got that one. There might have been a few close rounds, but it seems like any round that was even mildly arguable, was going to Gamboa, by the looks of the cards. Looks like A sides need to get knocked out in order to lose these days.

I thought it was close, not a robbery, but I had money on Gamboa so I'm obviously biased. Then again I can't help but think it's a bit of payback, he got a total robbery draw against Walters, so it's not like he's never been bailed out by bad scoring. I thought Gamboa looked better than most, it seems. He started off strong then faded in the second half, short notice, etc.

Pt deduction and kd seemed like Sosa was gonna take it but I still had it within a rd for either guy. Definitely not gonna call robbery though, Sosa does have a point that most seem to think he deserved it. Me and my bankroll say otherwise tho!

Honestly he should have probably won.

But it was very close.

I thought it was close, not a robbery, but I had money on Gamboa so I'm obviously biased. Then again I can't help but think it's a bit of payback, he got a total robbery draw against Walters, so it's not like he's never been bailed out by bad scoring. I thought Gamboa looked better than most, it seems. He started off strong then faded in the second half, short notice, etc.

Pt deduction and kd seemed like Sosa was gonna take it but I still had it within a rd for either guy. Definitely not gonna call robbery though, Sosa does have a point that most seem to think he deserved it. Me and my bankroll say otherwise tho!

With the 2 point deductions he definitely got robbed crazy lol, I too had money on Gamboa, hit him at +650 by decision threw a hundred on him, at the end of the fight I said to the ppl I was with "Well hey robberies happen all the time I'm not outta the game yet."

Sure enough.. Lol I'm stoked on it. Thanks Golden boy.

Also, +650 for Gamboa by decision? WHAT?? Odds were ridiculous, thanks Bovada.

96-92 is fairly ridiculous, but it was a very close fight. I'd stop short of calling it a robbery.

I thought Sosa won,...but these days, with HBO commentary, i may have just been talked into feeling that.

Yeah, Sosa should have got that one. There might have been a few close rounds, but it seems like any round that was even mildly arguable, was going to Gamboa, by the looks of the cards. Looks like A sides need to get knocked out in order to lose these days.
I don't really get what makes Gamboa an A side.

He's a stepping stone at this point and has been for a couple of years.

With the 2 point deductions he definitely got robbed crazy lol, I too had money on Gamboa, hit him at +650 by decision threw a hundred on him, at the end of the fight I said to the ppl I was with "Well hey robberies happen all the time I'm not outta the game yet."

Sure enough.. Lol I'm stoked on it. Thanks Golden boy.

Also, +650 for Gamboa by decision? WHAT?? Odds were ridiculous, thanks Bovada.

I think if you give Gamboa the first 5rds and the 9-9 at the end, then it was pretty close. I hated that bullshit pt deduction, half a rd to go had my face red, lol. I didn't think he was gonna get it either, but we did it, nice cash on that Dec line, too.

Man Gamboa such an underachiever, though. Always think of him as one of those guys that has had a good career but could've had a great one. Guy's a freak athlete, huge talent. there's a vid out there somewhere on yt where he's hitting pads in his prime, damn that was a sweet vid. I'll see if I can find it and edit this later.

edit: here it is. So sexy. Shouts to Manny Masson with the pads too. Well done.

Last edited:
Back