Jason Delucia vs. Joe Slick: UFC 23

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Watch This Gruesome knee injury that forced the fight stoppage. Delucia is being slammed by Slick.
WARNING Graphic

260svma.gif

I was like 12

Last edited:
Here's a fun fact to the noob's... Jason was in the very first UFC fight

Ouch never saw that fight, Lol I can’t help but think of those brutal loses to Bas Rutten whenever I see Jason Delucia.

Jason had massive balls!

Challenged the Gracies in their own dojo and lost. He also fought many great fighters like Bas Rutten and always stepped up to rep his kung fu style.

His skills may not have been great for MMA but major respect stepping up in an era of unknown. For all you know, there was some legendary Dim Mak death master back in the age of the unknown effective martial arts.

Delucia had some bad luck... 4 things that stand out in particular.

1. Arm broken by Royce who didn't stop the sub when he was frantically tapping.
2. Kicked in the liver repeatedly by an angry Bas Rutten.
3. Has hilarious sherdog war with Bas Rutten and loses that also.
4. Slammed on his standing leg, and gets his knee wrecked.

All terrible things... Poor guy.

Delucia also had 55 fights...I'm pretty sure that's more than any of the Gracies. He had some bad losses but still had a winning record.

I forgot about Joe Slick. Just looked him up--he retired at age 23 in 2000 with a 17-5 record. Seemed like he had a good future ahead of him.

Angry Bas Rutten destroys Jason's liver... With Bas Rutten commentary.

I have this on DVD... It's must watch. Bas commentating his own fights is something truly special. My all-time favourite.

Last edited:

you sure? i know he was in the very first ufc event, but i'm pretty sure the first fight on the card was gordeau vs. tuli.

edit- i stand corrected. apparently delucia-jenkins was the first fight, albeit unaired. gordeau-tuli was the second fight of the night, and the first to be broadcast.

Last edited:
Watch This Gruesome knee injury that forced the fight stoppage. Delucia is being slammed by Slick.
WARNING Graphic

260svma.gif
Would have never happened if he wasn't wearing the shoe. It's the grip that fucks him.

you sure? i know he was in the very first ufc event, but i'm pretty sure the first fight on the card was gordeau vs. tuli.
<Deported1>

Undercard bro... Same way Pablo Garza vs Fredson P was the first manlet fight.

This is why Judo should have always been part of mma. They are great at falling properly.

Delucia had some bad luck... 4 things that stand out in particular.

1. Arm broken by Royce who didn't stop the sub when he was frantically tapping.
2. Kicked in the liver repeatedly by an angry Bas Rutten.
3. Has hilarious sherdog war with Bas Rutten and loses that also.
4. Slammed on his standing leg, and gets his knee wrecked.

All terrible things... Poor guy.
out of 4 of those were provoked by his own doing.

just a bad day at the office.. get up and walk it off son

out of 4 of those were provoked by his own doing.
2 of them, both the Bas moments...

The Royce tap was actually Ken Shamrock's fault for tapping and carrying on fighting at UFC - Royce was like "fuck it, next time I'll keep going until the ref stops me" and "popped a capsule in Jason's elbow"... Also that made Gracie Jiu-Jitsu look that bit nastier, and therefore marketable.

2 of them, both the Bas moments... The Royce tap was actually Ken Shamrock's fault for tapping and carrying on fighting at UFC - Royce was like "fuck it, next time I'll keep going until the ref stops me" and "popped a capsule in Jason's elbow"... Also that made Gracie Jiu-Jitsu look that bit nastier, and therefore marketable.
You know ur shit. Now u r senpai

Back