Jarrett Hurd vs. Erislandy Lara Rematch Ordered

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com has been advised that the Championship Committee of the World Boxing Association has ordered an immediate rematch between WBA/IBF junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd and former beltholder Erislandy Lara.

The two sides were advised that a deal must be reached by May 18th or a purse bid would be scheduled.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jarrett-hurd-vs-erislandy-lara-rematch-ordered--127540

It was a good fight but I don't see the need for an immeiate rematch. It's time for Hurd vs Jermell Charlo.

It was a good fight but I don't see the need for an immeiate rematch. It's time for Hurd vs Jermell Charlo.

Seriously. And a rematch would not be good for Lara’s health down the road.

I don't feel like we need rematches between guys like Lara and Hurd. Hurd should only have to beat Lara one time, then he should be free to move on to other fights.

Immediate rematches are for big fights like GGG vs Canelo, or controversial decisions.

I feel bad for Hurd because I feel Lara might be able to pull this off with more room to adjust

Don't see how this is necessary, but if it happens soon, it should open up a Charlo/Hurd (assuming Hurd wins) for the fall. The first fight was really enjoyable, so even if this move is a little baffling, I'm not too upset.

The first fight was close, but an older, more shopworn Lara would get in serious trouble the second time around against Hurd, IMO.

there's no need for it. the second fight isn't going any differently, hurd will just beat him more decisively.

Like the article says Hurd can apply for an exemption since the Charlo fight would be a unification it would trump any kind of ordered rematch. If Hurd does that and Charlo wins on June 9th this bullshit can just be avoided.

How in the stupid fuck does any new contender get a shot at any legit belt when everyone gets immediate rematches for no fucking reason? The belts are just becoming some backwards crazy ass kind of high level incest where the same guys get to keep fucking up the same guys and no one else is allowed to play. This is why boxing ends up with a handful of BIG names casuals recognize and nothing else. Fucking idiots.

lara will make the adjustments in the rematch...i feel lara took hurd lightly due to hurd's sloppy performance in the trout fight...hurd surprised me with how effective and disciplined his offense was. lara will take the rematch more seriously and dictate the action next time.

Lara uses his legs and head movement and constantly turning Hurd he could actually win the rematch quite easily like Whitaker beat Chavez. But if Lara tries to stand his ground and fight like Taylor did against Chavez, then Hurd will eventually catch up with Lara again and either knock him out or win a close fight, just like Chavez did to bone head Taylor and Taylor tried the same fight toe to toe against Terry Norris and got busted up and stopped.

What Lara should do using his legs and head movement .
WHITAKER vs Julio Cesar Chavez (TECHNIQUES)

Whatr Lara did in the first fight with hurd and what will happen in the rematch.
Terry Norris vs Meldrick Taylor 09-05-1992

Hurd knows he can knock Lara out and will, if Lara doesn't change his game plan and actually study Whitaker"s techniques and hire him to help train him to beat Hurd and even bring in James Toney to help with head movement and footwork and timing, Hurds slow attacks while counter punching Hurd chasing Lara.

The fight went Hurd's favor only because of the KD, so a rematch of a fight that close makes sense to me. Plus I am always interested in seeing what Lara can do to adapt for a rematch.

I think Hurd wins the rematch easier this time around but I am still interested in this.

Jermell and Hurd need to meet up more than this bullshit. Hopefully this prompts them to sign on for the real fight in the division and not let this needless contest happen again. I thought Lara would win, he got his ass kicked though. Not that controversial imo. If Lara is still meant to run with the top of the class, he can earn his way back like the rest.

If I were Hurd, I wouldn't want to fight Lara again. Beat him already. No need to play with fire. Money, I guess.

Back