Jared Cannonier Steps Up On Short Notice vs. David Branch @ UFC 230

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I can't wait for the odds. Branch by submission all damn day. He's lethal on the ground.

Cannonier was the King of Alaska, but he has been the very definition of basic in the UFC. I forgot he was still knocking around since the Glover fight. I'm picking Branch because he is has a better track record.

No.

Jared's boxing is good, but he's fighting a very cautious guy in Dave who's developed into a decent boxer as well. You best believe that he'll shoot for a takedown if he gets stung by any of Cannonier's offense.

Of course he’ll shoot for a TD if he gets stunned. Shooting for a TD or tying your opponent up is the most logical thing to do besides just moving away trying to survive. Branch might just go for a TD early anyway because Jared’s got very dangerous stand up. We’ll see what happens.

Of course he’ll shoot for a TD if he gets stunned. Shooting for a TD or tying your opponent up is the most logical thing to do besides just moving away trying to survive. Branch might just go for a TD early anyway because Jared’s got very dangerous stand up. We’ll see what happens.

Branch loves his striking these days and with good reason but his isn't afraid of the grind either. It's a very one sided fight on paper.

it is a decent fight but bro this event went from a good one to low key shit. DC vs lewis should be fan, the co main i between 2 ageing middleweight legends. Even though there are some decent talents in the prelims: jason knight, julio arce and solid HW ruslan magomedov is returning from the usada suspension., the casuals would not give a single fuck about it.

Cards fucking cursed. So many main events and fights have fell through.

Imagine

Tyron Woodley vs Colby Covington
Nate Diaz vs Dustin Poirier
Yoel RoMero vs Paulo Costa
Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold
Israel Adesanya vs Derek Brunson

This was supposed to be the main card

Good opportunity. Branch is a great name at mw. If he can snatch a win could net him another big fight in the division

Respect to cannonier for taking this. I see branch subbing him early

They couldn't get him a quality opponent at LHW either?
I'm assuming this stays on the main card of MSG since there's a fight on it with 2 unranked guys coming off loses.

This is the guy that knocked out Gökhan Saki, right?

I'll take him.

that sucks. Jared had a decent future at 185lbs and now he's getting cut.

I'm gutted Jacare took the Weidman fight

I was gonna put a large bet on Branch

Good on Jared for stepping up, but man, I don't like this fight for him at all.

His takedown defense sucks, and I see Branch exploiting that all night long. Things might get interesting on the feet, for as long as it stays there.
Are there actually favorable matches for Cannonier? At best he's 50/50 with anyone he's likely to fight in the ufc unless he's fed some untested noob.

Back