Japanese Death Match Wrestling

KONG-D'SNT-TAP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I've become obsessed with this stuff. I've become transfixed and my morbid curiosity has peaked when I happened to find this stuff online. Quite frankly some of it is just hard to watch. Light bulbs, glass tubes, barbed wire, glass, fire, thumbtacks, Leggos, knives, razor blades, cinder blocks, you name it these sick fucks use it all as weapons.

Sure this shit has been around since the 90s (Onita) and they were doing barbed wire matches decades before that but the modern deathmatch wrestling is some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen in my life.

Grown as men (who I assume have drug addictions and severe mental problems) are bascislly mutilating themselves for audience approval.

The reason I use the word "JAPANESE" is because they do it the best. The American version is full of white trash rubes, who have never seen a gym, mutliating themselves in the Deep South in front of 34 people. Yeah I'm talking about you Ian Rotten and IWA Mid South-IWA Deep South. In all fairness there are some American guys who are very good at it. Like Masada and Necro Butcher.

Here's is IMO the king of deathmatch wrestling and the GOAT.

JUN KASAI

maxresdefault.jpg

Here is an example of how mentally insane Kasai is

Fast forward to the 4 minute mark. This is where they have a ladder with butcher knives attached. When Kasai gets suplexed onto them it rips open a Hole that is about 6 inches long and deep enough to put a hand in.

Here Is Kasai getting thrown onto a board of razor blades. (Supposedly there is a story involving the Yakuza in regards to this spot). I think Kasai was the first guy to do this and since then they've gimmicked these boards so they aren't so lethal

Please discuss.

I bow at the throne of Atsushi Onita, he's basically what Dean Ambrose wishes he was. FMW is where it was at, here's some great ones.

Would you believe Onita is only retiring this year? Dude is 59!

I bow at the throne of Atsushi Onita, he's basically what Dean Ambrose wishes he was. FMW is where it was at, here's some great ones.

Would you believe Onita is only retiring this year? Dude is 59!

Yup these are all classics.

Not only did those old timers know how to work a match but they knew how to take bumps.

That's the difference between Japanese and American death match wresting.

The American version has guys who can't work to save their lives. He Japanese can wrestle and put on a death match

FREEDOMS is one of the newer Japanese promotions that is absolutely insane.

They seem crazier than the guys who wrestle in BJW and FMW

Yup these are all classics.

Not only did those old timers know how to work a match but they knew how to take bumps.

That's the difference between Japanese and American death match wresting.

The American version has guys who can't work to save their lives. He Japanese can wrestle and put on a death match

I think the difference is that the japanese guys have fundamentals at the very least. You're seeing guys like Hayabusa and Terry Funk in deathmatches, who are veritable legends in their own right in regular singles matches. In the US, dudes see the weapons as their skill, instead as a narrative tool for their wrestling. So they don't worry about the basics, they can just break a table and their fan goes wild. It's actually similar to the whole "...dive" argument, it's just all about how it's presented really.

I give CZW a lot of credit for coming out of that shitty backyard wrestling phase and becoming a legit indie fed. Of course you still have them doing brutal shit at times, but now it's just a character trait instead of the main event. They found that happy medium that ECW had back when they were killing it.

Here is one of the bloodiest matches I've ever seen.

Abdullah Kobayashi is another maniac in the death match scene. He's one of the best.

This match is actually kinda hard to watch

They must go through 500 light tubes in this

I think the difference is that the japanese guys have fundamentals at the very least. You're seeing guys like Hayabusa and Terry Funk in deathmatches, who are veritable legends in their own right in regular singles matches. In the US, dudes see the weapons as their skill, instead as a narrative tool for their wrestling. So they don't worry about the basics, they can just break a table and their fan goes wild. It's actually similar to the whole "...dive" argument, it's just all about how it's presented really.

I give CZW a lot of credit for coming out of that shitty backyard wrestling phase and becoming a legit indie fed. Of course you still have them doing brutal shit at times, but now it's just a character trait instead of the main event. They found that happy medium that ECW had back when they were killing it.

Yeah the Japanese guys do it better. They make an art out of it if you could call it that. Plus the fan base is better in Japan. Much more respect for the wrestlers.

I think the CZW feud with ROH had a lot to do with that. Plus when Zandig sold the company they changed. I read stories he would give the wrestlers pills and a hot dog and send them on their way. Their medical bills would be in the thousands. They would basically have to glue everything shut. That's why a lot of those guys died or retired early.

You ever watch IWA with Ian Rotten. What a disgusting piece of trash federation that is. I saw a guy get thrown onto razor wire in front of like 30 people. He couldn't even make $45 dollars for thst match

Here is one of the bloodiest matches I've ever seen.

Abdullah Kobayashi is another maniac in the death match scene. He's one of the best.

This match is actually kinda hard to watch

They must go through 500 light tubes in this

Yeah, i'm watching this later lol.

Yeah the Japanese guys do it better. They make an art out of it if you could call it that. Plus the fan base is better in Japan. Much more respect for the wrestlers.

I think the CZW feud with ROH had a lot to do with that. Plus when Zandig sold the company they changed. I read stories he would give the wrestlers pills and a hot dog and send them on their way. Their medical bills would be in the thousands. They would basically have to glue everything shut. That's why a lot of those guys died or retired early.

You ever watch IWA with Ian Rotten. What a disgusting piece of trash federation that is. I saw a guy get thrown onto razor wire in front of like 30 people. He couldn't even make $45 dollars for thst match

You know who was the smartest guy out of all these deathmatch cats?

JnL7dI1.jpg

Sick Nick Mondo. Come in, become a legend, get the hell out before you die. He took some crazy ass bumps, but he was only doing it for like 5 years, and EVERYONE remembers him. And by all accounts he was actually good in the ring, so he could have gone farther if he wanted. That's crazy to me.

And dude, IWA is like JCW to me, anytime I see it, I wanna kill it with fire. You know he's actually promoting IWA again? Yeeeesh.

Yeah, i'm watching this later lol.

You know who was the smartest guy out of all these deathmatch cats?

JnL7dI1.jpg

Sick Nick Mondo. Come in, become a legend, get the hell out before you die. He took some crazy ass bumps, but he was only doing it for like 5 years, and EVERYONE remembers him. And by all accounts he was actually good in the ring, so he could have gone farther if he wanted. That's crazy to me.

And dude, IWA is like JCW to me, anytime I see it, I wanna kill it with fire. You know he's actually promoting IWA again? Yeeeesh.

Thst video is cut up False. Try and find the full video if you can. It's one of the bloodiest things you've ever seen. It's almost hard to watch.

Did you watch the Jun Kasai one I posted with the butcher knives. Lol. Yikes!!!!

And yeah nick mondo was def insane. He took the weed Wacker to the chest. And that roof bump almost paralyzed him. He wasn't a bad worker either.

Drake Younger and Dean Ambrose made it big in the WWE but Ambrose couldn't touch these other guys. He wasn't crazy like they were. Even Drake Younger was one of the craziest guys out there. I'm surprised he's even alive.

@Falsedawn

You ever watch anything with masashi takeda? He's about as nuts as Jun Kasai. He also has an MMA background.

His body is just one large bundle of scars as well and he takes some of the worst bumps I've seen.

He's also involved in a match where he throws another guy onto scissors which is one of the most painful things I've ever seen. Horrifying actually

7c5d0ce7.jpg

PON1vI0.jpg

Here is a small clip from thst match. The full version is online and better quality. This is from a FREEDOMS show. They use gusset plates and scissors.

Thst video is cut up False. Try and find the full video if you can. It's one of the bloodiest things you've ever seen. It's almost hard to watch.

Did you watch the Jun Kasai one I posted with the butcher knives. Lol. Yikes!!!!

And yeah nick mondo was def insane. He took the weed Wacker to the chest. And that roof bump almost paralyzed him. He wasn't a bad worker either.

Drake Younger and Dean Ambrose made it big in the WWE but Ambrose couldn't touch these other guys. He wasn't crazy like they were. Even Drake Younger was one of the craziest guys out there. I'm surprised he's even alive.

HO. LEE. SHIT.

DUDE YOU WERE NOT EXAGGERATING ABOUT THAT LADDER, WHY? DEAR LORD WHY?

My mouth was literally wide open the entire time, that is fucking suicidal

@Falsedawn

You ever watch anything with masashi takeda? He's about as nuts as Jun Kasai. He also has an MMA background.

His body is just one large bundle of scars as well and he takes some of the worst bumps I've seen.

He's also involved in a match where he throws another guy onto scissors which is one of the most painful things I've ever seen. Horrifying actually

7c5d0ce7.jpg

PON1vI0.jpg

Here is a small clip from thst match. The full version is online and better quality. This is from a FREEDOMS show. They use gusset plates and scissors.

Omg, I gotta check out FREEDOMS, this is gonna be fucking awesome lol.

HO. LEE. SHIT.

DUDE YOU WERE NOT EXAGGERATING ABOUT THAT LADDER, WHY? DEAR LORD WHY?

My mouth was literally wide open the entire time, that is fucking suicidal

Lol it's sickening. The cut was so deep. Watch the entire match in YouTube. It's 2 parts. It's ducking crazy.

Luckily, I've never been a fan of deathmatch-style wrestling and abhor it. It's beyond stupid and calling it wrestling is as much as stretch as it is to call lip-syncing singing.

I recall my blood thirsting wrestling fans sending me this clip and all I could do is shake my head in disbelief and shock

Also, I recall a really sick scissors incident with Pondo and Rotten circa 2000

EDIT

Found the clip. Sorry, there is absolutely no way you can call this wrestling

Last edited:
Luckily, I've never been a fan of deathmatch-style wrestling and abhor it. It's beyond stupid and calling it wrestling is as much as stretch as it is to call lip-syncing singing.

I recall my blood thirsting wrestling fans sending me this clip and all I could do is shake my head in disbelief and shock

Also, I recall a really sick scissors incident with Pondo and Rotten circa 2000

EDIT

Found the clip. Sorry, there is absolutely no way you can call this wrestling

It has peaked my morbid fascination to a point I can't put into words. I wanna know what brings people down this road.

It's like carnay side show, avant garde weirdness s

It has peaked my morbid fascination to a point I can't put into words. I wanna know what brings people down this road.

It's like carnay side show, avant garde weirdness s
I was semi-interested when I was younger, especially when I first got tapes of the IWA deathmatches. It definitely piqued my interest and I did think it was pretty cool but by 2000-2001, after seeing CZW matches and in particular, that Madman Pondo/Ian Rotten scissors incident, was my limit and I was just taken aback. The more I saw of it, the more I realized "my god this stuff is just sickening" and I've just become very turned off by it and no longer watch it now. It's even hard for me to watch the clips I posted in full as I cringe and just have to turn it off.

But I do understand there are people who enjoy this stuff.

I was semi-interested when I was younger, especially when I first got tapes of the IWA deathmatches. It definitely piqued my interest and I did think it was pretty cool but by 2000-2001, after seeing CZW matches and in particular, that Madman Pondo/Ian Rotten scissors incident, was my limit and I was just taken aback. The more I saw of it, the more I realized "my god this stuff is just sickening" and I've just become very turned off by it and no longer watch it now. It's even hard for me to watch the clips I posted in full as I cringe and just have to turn it off.

But I do understand there are people who enjoy this stuff.

Its compeltely sickening

Back