Japan to Produce and Procure XASM-3 Supersonic Anti-Ship Missile in 2018

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
XASM-3 is capable of reaching Mach 3 speeds thanks to its ramjet engine fed by two air intakes (in a similar fashion to MBDA's Meteor air to air missile of to the French ASMP-A air-launched tactical nuclear missile). XASM-3 is flying close to sea level in the final stage of attack to reduce probability of detection and intercept.

XASM-3 basic specifications:

Overall length: 5.25m
Maximum speed: Mach 3 or more
Firing range: 80nm (about 150km) or more
Weight: 900kg
Power: Integral Rocket Ramjet
Navigation and seeker: inertial / GPS (intermediate stage) + active / passive seeker (terminal phase)

We recently reported that a similar missile, the XSSM intended for the Japanese Navy (JMSDF) was also tested earlier this year.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...m-3-supersonic-anti-ship-missile-in-2018.html

DhSl1yM.jpg

heh thats a pretty inserting development

i wounder if its capable of being ground based

Large targets like Aircraft carriers might become a thing of the past pretty quick.

Large targets like Aircraft carriers might become a thing of the past pretty quick.

uh....no that will never happen. Carriers are a key part to any major powers fleet, not gonna happen

uh....no that will never happen. Carriers are a key part to any major powers fleet, not gonna happen

Haha, ok bud. As if "key parts" of the military do ever change. Ever hear of what happened to the battleship?

Haha, ok bud. As if "key parts" of the military do ever change. Ever hear of what happened to the battleship?

yep do you know why carriers wont be getting phased out ? Carriers are never alone.......so no they aren't going anywhere

also there is alot of reason why we dont see battleships. They only nation who operate battleships are the russians.

ASM's are dangerous, but they arent gonna render carriers useless

my guess is japan might make these ground based.

yep do you know why carriers wont be getting phased out ? Carriers are never alone.......so no they aren't going anywhere

also there is alot of reason why we dont see battleships. They only nation who operate battleships are the russians.

ASM's are dangerous, but they arent gonna render carriers useless

The Russkies still operate the Kirovs?

Japan is building up its armed forces and the government is looking at doing away with their pacifist constitution. About dam time, since China is trying to dominate the region. Japan should go nuclear , as it gives them less reliance on the US.

Japan/SK/India triumvirate(with US support) can topple China.

If the West wasn't looking for short term financial benefits and companies weren't obssessed with quarterly reports, China wouldn't have got to where it is now. Western firms and technology played the major part in China becoming a dominant manufacturing concern.

they are going threw a retrofit an getting heavily modernized

At 720+ feet long the Kirovs ( forgot their new name ) are the equivalent of the battleships although I think they are classed as large guided Missile cruisers.

Some call them battle cruisers ,

If I remember correctly the Iowas were recom partly as a response to the Kirov class.

Kirovs are nuke powered right?

I wonder if the US navy will build large missile cruisers again.

Looks good in pictures.

If you imagine what a post WW2 BB would look like it would be the Kirov.

images

Last edited:
Japan is building up its armed forces and the government is looking at doing away with their pacifist constitution. About dam time, since China is trying to dominate the region. Japan should go nuclear , as it gives them less reliance on the US.

This is what Trump is talking about but damn people in CNN said Tromp is just fearmongerring and trying to proliferate Nukes more.

China got nukes but no no we cant allow a close US ally have Nukes because Tromp because wahhh because rahhh.

Jesus Christ those CNN commentators made me want to punch the TV at the time.

Getting Japan and SK to sit down without fighting is already a handful, and India is in no hurry to full on confront China after they got wrecked in 1962. I don't think most Muricans realize what kind of monster you unleashed upon Asia with decades of technology transfer and investment towards China. Give it another decade, and China probably can crush any of the three with relatively ease.

You fed the dragon, and now it swallows your allies. It's been quite entertaining watching it unfold in Canada.

A newly militarized Japan would be interesting.
It's an unlikely prospect. Japan is up to its neck in debt with a dwindling population that is aging rapidly. They will need to spend more and more on social welfare programs. Japanese politicians know those elderly votes will make or break them. Its economic and political influence on the world stage have been declining in the past few decades.

Last edited:
Getting Japan and SK to sit down without fighting is already a handful, and India is in no hurry to full on confront China after they got wrecked in 1962. I don't think most Muricans realize what kind of monster you unleashed upon Asia with decades of technology transfer and investment towards China. Give it another decade, and China probably can crush any of the three with relatively ease.

You fed the dragon, and now it swallows your allies. It's been quite entertaining watching it unfold in Canada.

It's an unlikely prospect. Japan is up to its neck in debt with a dwindling population that is aging rapidly. They will need to spend more and more on social welfare programs. Japanese politicians know those elderly votes will make or break them. Its economic and political influence on the world stage have been declining in the past few decades.

Japan has pretty low debt most public debt is held by Japan

Who cares about all of this, they should be investing in the GUNDAM PROJECT

stop it, i dont want chinese dominance

Japan and Europe are preparing for the Fall of Rome II.

Back