Japan really wanted to see Gabi Garcia vs Shinobu Kandori (53)

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
According to a interview with Gabi Garcia, while she was in Japan, people recognized her as the person that was supposed to fight Shinobu Kandori, which shows how popular Kandori is in Japan.

Despite all the critics against seeing Gabi fight a 53 year old grandma in a freakshow fight, it was the fight the generated the most interest from the Japanese.

An excerpt (Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...ma-freak-show-criticism-tougher-opponents-mma)

"[Sakakibara] said she was a star in Japan, and I needed to fight a Japanese fighter to win the Japanese audience. I didn’t think that was true, but I believed him. When the fight was cancelled, everyone asked me about this in the streets of Tokyo. I was not Gabi. I was the girl that was fighting Kandori.

I had no idea how famous she was. After all that happened, I went out for dinner and everyone was asking me about it. The Japanese people really wanted to see that, and it was disappointing for them. Japan is like a world outside our world, you know? They live something completely different than us. They believed this fight would be something epic, you know?"

I don't understand the Japanese appetite for freakshow fights.
But RIZIN ratings would likely have been much higher had Gabi fought Kandori.

How did Kandori expect to beat her?
Well, here you go.

Japan loves Freakshow fights. No surprise they are gonna wanna watch some massive Amazonian Brazil girl fight.

Kandori is a load of shit. It's her fault both times the fight didn't happen. This is the second time the fight was cancelled.

japan has a history of making these type of fights since the days before Pride.

I, personally, don't care since it's building a mma career out of inadequate opponents. If gabi's fine with it...

Another interesting fact from the article.

Shinobu Kandori is one of KING Reina's coaches.
And at some point in the future King Reina will fight Gabi Garcia.

Another interesting fact from the article.

Shinobu Kandori is one of KING Reina's coaches.
And at some point in the future King Reina will fight Gabi Garcia.

That was the original plan, that Reina challenges Gabi after she smashes Kandori to avenge her teacher - but they already scrapped that idea after seeing how hard Reina struggled with Tapa and Stokes. Now having lost to Dandois they arent letting her anywhere near Gabi.

i'd like to see Gabi venture into Sumo or maybe just go on a space journey.

Garcia-Kandori is now a potential main event for the May show. They should really rehab King Reina in the meanwhile, and set her up as Garcia's next challenger.

I'm sorry but whoever wanted to see that match is a fucking idiot

Kandori is a load of shit. It's her fault both times the fight didn't happen. This is the second time the fight was cancelled.
It's not Gabi's fault she missed weight by 25 lbs?

It's not Gabi's fault she missed weight by 25 lbs?

It is totally her fault. She was a pro wrestler. She is a politician. She knows that the "show must go on." This isn't rocket science.

Either this entire match up was a ruse from the first time they were going to do it in 2016 or Kandori doesn't want to fight. I mean seriously what difference does it make if Garcia makes weight or not?? She's outweighed by a ton regardless. What was the injury that she had the year before? Why did we have to wait an entire year for a potential rematch?

I stand by my original post: Kandori is a load of shit. Sakikabara-san is a bigger load of shit if he tries to make this bout a third time.

Garcia-Kandori is now a potential main event for the May show. They should really rehab King Reina in the meanwhile, and set her up as Garcia's next challenger.

Gabi already ducking Dandois and dem black belt hands huh?

Gabi already ducking Dandois and dem black belt hands huh?
I'm not sure if Dandois is going to get invited back to RIZIN after taking the wind out of the King Reina bubble.

Since these freak fights are so significant for the JMMA scene, I wouldn't mind if someone put up a "unsigned freaks" (or something along those lines) thread here so we could see potential new Bobu Sappus, Grannies, legit Krazy Horses, Giants, and the likes.

How come Rizin haven't signed Bigfoot btw?

so grandma's plan was to get a broken hip while trying to hip toss 300 pounds?

seems legit.

and as terrrrrible as gabi's looked, reina's looked... well, even worse. somehow.

It'd be nice to see that LDP cunt get beaten.

Back