[Jan-18, 2015] K-1 World GP (Good Loser) announces 60kg Tournament

Karaev fan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
B2tFdZ8CcAAMZFq.jpg:large

Hi everyone. K-1 World GP in Japan (which just ran their 65kg show), announced its line-up for the 60kg tournament scheduled for January 15th. A good line-up here too, though I would say its still biased towards Japanese Krush fighters.

Tournament participants [Brackets TBA]
  • Urabe Hirotaka (Team Dragon: Krush 60kg Champ, ISKA Super Lightweight champ)
  • Yamamoto Masahiro (Fujiwara Gym, Krush 60kg 2009 GP winner, Former IT'S SHOWTIME 61kg champ)
  • Urabe Koya (Team Dragon: ISKA Lightweight champ)
  • Shimano Kotaro (Sugawara Dojo, Krush 60kg WILDRUSH League 2014 winner)
  • Karim Bennoui (Former It's Showtime 61kg Champ)
  • Thomas Adamandopoulos (Former Krush 63kg Champ)
  • Johannes Wolf (WKA/ISKA Full Contact, WAKO Full Contact Super Featherweight champ)
  • Michal Krolix (WAKO Featherweight Champ, Polish Cup in K-1 2013 winner)

Participating in Superfights
  • Kaew Fairtex (K-1 World GP 65kg Champ, WPMF Super Lightweight Champ, Former Lumpini Featherweight Champ)
  • Sato Yoshihiro (K-1 World MAX 2010 2nd place)
  • Hiramoto Ren (K-1 Koshien 2014 Champ)

Masahiro Yamamoto, Karim Bennoui, Koya Urabe and his brother Hirotaka Urabe are the ones I know, and they're all pretty damn good. Hope Koya takes this one, his boxing is so crisp and fun to see.

Kaew's a beast, good that he's already got a new fight. Sato, sadly, isn't nearly what he used to be. Lastly, I'd like to see what new talent Japan has in Hiramoto, but I see he's 55kg, wasn't there a -63kg Koshien tournament also, like in the past?

Lastly, I'd like to see what new talent Japan has in Hiramoto, but I see he's 55kg, wasn't there a -63kg Koshien tournament also, like in the past?

I don't think Hiramoto is 55kg, the Koshien tournament this year was 65kg limit and he's talked about wanting to fight Kaew sometime in the future.

They held the Finals of the Koshien during the 65kg event. I couldn't really tell how much skills he may have cause it was only 1 round, but the guy turned it into a brawl and dropped his opponent twice in that round. Good spirit.

I don't think Hiramoto is 55kg, the Koshien tournament this year was 65kg limit and he's talked about wanting to fight Kaew sometime in the future.

They held the Finals of the Koshien during the 65kg event. I couldn't really tell how much skills he may have cause it was only 1 round, but the guy turned it into a brawl and dropped his opponent twice in that round. Good spirit.

Oh alright, my bad. Thanks for the info.

nice tournament, was hoping for a thai participant.

The Urabe bros fighting in the same tourney???

Ya would have been nice to have a Thai thrown in there but still a solid lineup. Should be entertaining.

Good card I would've like to see Saenchai and Javier Hernandez in the tournament. I like the Krush guys making the K-1 cards in Japan now.

Japanes posters are the best

Wow 2 brothers in a same tourney? Gotta be a first right?

I was really hoping for a Thai being in it oh well I'll be rooting for Masahiro.

Back