James White Deserves Superbowl MVP...

lol well no shit when it's the single most important position in all of team sports, yeah the QB is gonna get the credit for winning and blame for losing

Most overrated in all of team sports. Most important in all of team sports my ass.

lol some how ppl will always find ways to hate on Brady. James white catches a bunch of 5 yard passes and he should be MVP?

Suck a fat dick

I know the media prefers to give it to the QB, but Tom through an interception that nearly cost them the superbowl.

James White brought them back. He was EXCEPTIONAL throughout the game.

I like James White, but you must not watch much football.

This thread

incredulous.gif

Too many gaylord cucks vote so Brady won while anyone who with a clue knows it should have been James White.

Only Patriot who showed up in the first 3 quarters, 3 TDs, game-winning TD, had a SB record, bailed Brady's ass out, and didn't throw a godawful pick-6 that should have cost his team the game. Though, they should have changed the award to Biggest Chokejob and gave it to the Failcans.
Gaylord cucks. I love it.
How does it feel to be a moron with your frontrunner bullshit about every point not counting?

IMO MVP should be Flowers for his stripsack and then sack to keep ATL out of FG range late in the 4th, plus another half sack and 6 total tackles. But can see why theyd give it to the guy who threw for the most yards in superbowl history. Stats hurt.

lol well no shit when it's the single most important position in all of team sports, yeah the QB is gonna get the credit for winning and blame for losing
No it is not. It is just the popular opinion, which I don't share.

Because the people who say it, can only support it with their opinion, but there is NO science and statistics to back it up.

In fact, the pass few superbowls have shown that an average QB with an elite defense, has a better chance than an elite QB with an average defense.

Also, people say "defense wins championships" (and this game showed it), and yet the QB is the one who wins the MVP by default.

Don't you see the contradiction. hahaha

I know the media prefers to give it to the QB, but Tom through an interception that nearly cost them the superbowl.

James White brought them back. He was EXCEPTIONAL throughout the game.
Yup. 3 TDs. Game tying 2 pt conversion. Game winning run. 14 catches, half of which he made great adjustments on to compensate for shiity throws by Brady. But hey, the media loves Brady so why not give it to him..

Matt Ryan is the MVP for both teams

How does it feel to be a moron with your frontrunner bullshit about every point not counting?

IMO MVP should be Flowers for his stripsack and then sack to keep ATL out of FG range late in the 4th, plus another half sack and 6 total tackles. But can see why theyd give it to the guy who threw for the most yards in superbowl history. Stats hurt.
That statistics is so deceptive.

For example, if the QB throws the ball and the receiver catches it 10 yards away, and then breaks a couple of tackles to gain an extra 10 yards, it is still counted as "the QB threw for 20 yards."

If I am wrong correct me.

When the QB throws for 466 yards, you're going to have to put up A LOT more yards than that. He only had 29 yards rushing. 110 yards catching the ball. That's less than 140 all-purpose yards. Besides a few big gains he was basically just catching check down passes and screen passes for short gains. Look, none of their receivers had a monster game where they got a majority or plurality of the receiving yards. Brady spread the wealth and when that happens the QB is ALWAYS the one that gets rewarded, and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Yup. 3 TDs. Game tying 2 pt conversion. Game winning run. 14 catches, half of which he made great adjustments on to compensate for shiity throws by Brady. But hey, the media loves Brady so why not give it to him..
That's what I am saying.

Brady played ok in the second half, but he was a liability, and James White and Mitchell kept the team in the game offensively.

It makes no sense to be MVP when that pick 6, actually made it hard for the team to win.

For example, if the QB throws the ball and the receiver catches it 10 yards away, and then breaks a couple of tackles to gain an extra 10 yards, it is still counted as "the QB threw for 20 yards."

So you don't watch much football.

Yes, it counts as a 20-yard completion for the QB and a 20-yard catch for the receiver. The receiver also gets credited for the yards after catch. With QBR deeper passes count more than with the traditional passer rating. One thing to keep in mind though, is that the accuracy and timing of the pass counts greatly in aiding YAC, so it's not by dumb luck that Brady tends to be a leader in YAC every year, just like he leads in other statistical categories like passer rating, QBR, touchdowns, touchdown-to-interception ratio, etc. Brady was also one of the top QB in deep pass completion percentages and passer rating on deep passes in 2016.

Where did I ever say every point doesn't count? I made a joke about a huge lead not being a huge lead due to 1 point. Frontrunner? I posted that I don't trust the Falcans, you bint.

The Pats' D wasn't on the field nearly as much as their O. They didn't see the field in OT.

The fact you don't know if these count makes me question whether you've watched enough football to make an accurate assessment at all. But yes, all yards gained from throws count. They record YAC (yards after catch), which would show how many were in the air vs. after the completions. I don't recall too many plays where the receivers broke it for huge gains after catching it.

Where did I ever say every point doesn't count? I made a joke about a huge lead not being a huge lead due to 1 point. Frontrunner? I posted that I don't trust the Falcans, you bint.

The Pats' D wasn't on the field nearly as much as their O. They didn't see the field in OT.
Funny how whenever someone is dead wrong they try to claim comedy as their shield.

When the QB throws for 466 yards, you're going to have to put up A LOT more yards than that. He only had 29 yards rushing. 114 yards catching the ball. That's less than 150 all-purpose yards. Besides a few big gains he was basically just catching check down passes and screen passes for short gains. Look, none of their receivers had a monster game where they got a majority or plurality of the receiving yards. Brady spread the wealth and when that happens the QB is ALWAYS the one that gets rewarded, and rightfully so.
That's your opinion. But I just don't see the logic in that.

For the QB to get 466 yards, somebody has to catch the ball, and some of those yards are gained after the catch by breaking tackles and making moves.

Tom played ok in the second half, but he was a liability in the first. In fact, he was letting the team down by being so terrible. The team gave him a chance to redeem himself, and he gets the MVP. Weird.

I watch other sports from across the world. Liabilities don't get man of the match, just because of momentary good play.

Man of the match is the player who is world class throughout the game.

Brady was on point for most of the second half which is what mattered most. When most players were crumble in that situation, his throws were pin point. What throws are you tallking about?

Back