James Rodriguez dojo storm, Irrational and psychotic blue harasses and threatens instructor

Physically, emotionally, or intellectually?

Physically. Emotionally and intellectually is probably around 16 based on the tough guy hissy fit act he pulled.

I'm assuming 19-21. Just a wild guess. Nothing to back it up.

Physically. Emotionally and intellectually is probably around 16 based on the tough guy hissy fit act he pulled.

I'm assuming 19-21. Just a wild guess. Nothing to back it up.
I'm not sure either, but the maturity level of him and his comrades in the video and in the Facebook comments is pretty low. I'm not one to advocate the whole zen-martial-artist-bushido thing, but it's pretty off putting to me to see a guy like that running a school.

Cliffs please? I refuse to contribute to that garbage site's traffic.

The Blue Belt Dojo Stormtrooper is a douche. The instructor in question is a BJJ Purple, Karate BB, and a JJ BB.

They are running more of a club environment. Sign has been removed to alleviate any misunderstanding.

I'd like to think that if a blue belt, or purple belt, or brown belt under my instructor pulled something like this guy James, there would be consequences.

I'm pretty sure that if I pulled this kind of shit and he got wind of it, we'd have a come to Jesus conversation. Being a Blue Belt, or a whatever belt isn't just having a belt, it's representing the guy who gave it to you. I wonder what James Rodriguez's instructor thinks about all this.

Yeah something is off with the stormer.
Blue Belt running a school is weird too. I thought purple was the lowest acceptable rank to teach adults outside of the gracie CTC program.

Also is really strange he's wearing a purple belt at what appears to be a tournament in one of his FB photos.

He really lost all cred when he said the guy is probably faking his military credentials too.

I can't believe people are still trying to scam people with this shit.
The Blue Belt Dojo Stormtrooper is a douche. The instructor in question is a BJJ Purple, Karate BB, and a JJ BB.

They are running more of a club environment. Sign has been removed to alleviate any misunderstanding.

how do you know hes a purple? I have a hard time believeing a true purple with chicken out from a roll vs a blue belt, specially if the blue is dojo storming his academy.

This is a reasonable post. I don't know how the rest of this thread unfolds, but I've trained at many schools that have classes listed on the signage that they no longer teach. My current school says BJJ, Muay Thai and MMA and haven't had MMA classes in over five years. I've also seen TMA schools that at one time had BJJ and still have the old signs.

but if someone walked into your school and asked for MMA classes, they would be told that you don't offer them anymore, right?

If you went to this place asking for BJJ classes you would have been brought in with open arms.

This whole situation smells like shit on both sides.

I guarantee you "Combat Jiujitsu" is just a white belt teaching BJJ techniques in a BJJ fashion but not calling it some other thing to skirt not having legit rank.

I should put on a hakama and black belt, open an Aikido dojo and just teach a bunch of janky wrist locks to newbs and claim I'm teaching "EdisonKiDo" when some Aikido guy dojo storms me.

Someone shows up to your gym.

"hey motherfucker! I hear you're telling everyone you're an Aikido blackbelt?"
"What?! This is clearly not an Aikido class."
"Then why are you wearing a hakama?!"
"Umm...would you believe these are JNCO's?"

omg..who cares. it's up to consumers to take responsibility for their choices. and in today's world, there are so many ways to be informed about making good and bad choices, such as the internet. so if people choose to train there, so be it and if people choose not to train there, so be it. this thread makes BJJ sound like a bunch of women watching their favorite television soap opera. in today's world of technology and information sharing, dojo storming is so utterly stupid. there's no excuse for that just as there is no excuse for a consumer to get conned by frauds in today's information society.

Ok half your response is inside the "Gambledub quote" and there is no spacing between my text and your response which makes it very confusing.

For now i'm going to ignore all your points about the Dojo stormer acting inappropriately, we can agree on that so there is no point focusing any more on it.

117u2l2.jpg

^ There "provides Karate and Brazilian Jiu - Jitsu classes" they directly advertise Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

You're right "what is Braz Jiu-Jitsu?" Why not write "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" or "BJJ". Perhaps I'm reading into it, but I think the wording "Braz Jiu Jitsu" is specific and intentional. It is similar enough to "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" to imply to beginners/prospective students that it is BJJ, but the wording of "Braz Jiu Jitsu" allows them to claim that they never actually claimed to teach "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" in such it is shady marketing with an inbuilt deniability clause as I have said previously.

Ok then, if the owner of the building is advertising it on the sign that is another issue, but where is the evidence that this website is done by the owner? Does the owner run the website or does the instructor? What about the Facebook page?

A seminar of a different style is a completely different issue. You're right about asking questions, if some random kid turns up in a BJJ gi at my school wearing some weird ass belt claiming he's a "blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu" questions are going to be asked, that's how we're in this situation.

The problem isn't whether instructors or students can distinguish, it's whether people that don't train can distinguish. From the situation that has happened it is clear that this schools own students cannot distinguish, that is the problem. The most likely cause of this, is because the school in question has a dodgy ass marketing scheme where they are claiming to teach or at the very least implying they teach BJJ.

Read between the lines for a second here. How do you think that open mat went? He either walked on the mats and sat down to train, or he signed up at the front desk, how do you think that conversation went down while signing the waiver?

• "hey dude, have you trained before, do you hold any rank in Jiu Jitsu"
  • "yeah I have trained in Jiu Jitsu, I am a blue belt"
At a BJJ school, if you say "Jiu Jitsu" it is implied that you mean BJJ. Especially if you turn up with a BJJ gi.

This is missing the point completely. What about someone who walks of the street after watching the UFC wanting to learn BJJ? Should they be able to distinguish the techniques or the level of the X Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school vs the "Combat Jiu Jitsu school" that has "Braz Jiu Jitsu" on the sign outside or has "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" advertised on the website?

You're right, the students are not to blame. Students are the reflection of their teachers, in this case teachers that either intentionally or naively have not made a clear distinction between what they are teaching vs what they are advertising.

The instructor did have a problem with it, as he then went on to dojo storm the school.

Gokors school is a Judo based school with submission grappling, that is like 10th Planet allowing BJJ rank up to brown belt being transferable completely different circumstances. As is Ronda training at the Mendes Bros school as at the time she was a current UFC champ and Olympic medalist, that is very different to a random kid claiming a "blue belt in jiu jitsu" showing up to a BJJ class (who I do feel sorry for)

You don't see how any of this could be perceived as problematic? Or why there is any issue whatsoever? Don't you think at the very least it was naive of the school in question to not think something like this would happen eventually?

It's eerily similar to the Gracie Combatives blue belts teaching "Combat Karate" in their black belts wearing BJJ gi's while claiming to teach BJJ (while conveniently omitting the fact they were BJJ Blue belts).

So, why aren't you also contacting the instructor? Or the buildings owner if he is apparently the one responsible for advertising BJJ? Perhaps it is possible that the instructor has also misled the owner (whether knowingly or unknowingly) by failing to mention what type of "Jiu Jitsu" he is teaching.

Again the blue belt being wrong in the way he approached the situation, does not make his concerns wrong.

Also for the third time....

Do you personally know anyone involved in this situation???

do not expect a come back from TS, he is either the dude who got stormed or one of his blind full students.

James Rodriguez responded to that e-mail I sent him and this is what he had to say:

Thank you for inviting me to comment I don't have a forum account and it seams to be taking awhile to make one. But you are welcome to share this. I've tried to cover as many people's questions in one long post as well as providing a short bio of myself so I apologize for the length. I can't reply to every question and comment that I'm being flooded with but here's some of my thoughts. I have a passion for what I do and a code of honor that I try to uphold and be true to. If I believe in something I'm willing to stand behind those convictions and let the world see. I don't hide in the shadows what you see is what you get. I realize not everyone agrees with my views or my actions and I respect that. The reality is I can't please everyone but I do try to do the best I can to help those around me and continue the grow and be a part of the art that I love. Fighting is a loud sport with wild characters confidence and desire to achieve greatness. it's part of what makes it exciting I'm certainly one of those characters. It's also one of quiet humbleness respect honor and philosophy. It's hard to balance all of those conflicting ideals at times. I'm not the best but I'm always trying to learn, improve and maybe one day be great. I certainly hope to be known for more than outing a fraud. I have been training in various martial arts for years since I was 14, i first started training at a small gym in endicott ny learning American freestyle kickboxing and earning a black belt in that. I competed in boxing, karate and Thai boxing fights and when I was a little older started to switch into amateur mma. This is a small town in NY and at that time no Jiu Jitsu school existed I was shown some rudimentary basics of grappling to get by sprawling and brawling in my first few fights. At some point that school closed and somewhat merged with CNY MMA where I started out working as a assistant mma and kickboxing instructor. I was not great at grappling by any stretch of the imagination but I helped show people I was better than anything I knew. The owners of cnymma would travel to Taikai bjj in Syracuse ny and the program was overseen by the more qualified Jiu Jitsu coaches at that school. I had been competing in MMA and no gi for a number of years before I finally put on the gi and it made me fall in love with Jiu Jitsu even though i was terrible at it and struggled to learn. I was a pretty successful striker but any fights I lost were by being out wrestled. I made it my goal to become every bit as good if not better on the ground than my striking game was. I started training Jiu Jitsu exclusively and would travel the hour and a half to Syracuse every night to accomplish that goal. My mma goals kind of fell to the wayside for a time. It took me awhile but I earned a blue belt and competed at every Naga and grapplers quest event within driving distance. I got better and started winning tournaments and with each win would try to challenge myself by going up to the next skill division. At some point I found myself competing against much higher ranked people than myself even tho I was and still am a blue belt. ( there is a picture of me earlier wearing my blue competing against a purple opponent) With some success winning a expert nogi and purple belt devision and mma fights But also my share of failures and losses to grow from. Taikai is an excellent program with high standards I think any small success I've had is a testament to what they can do even with skinny nerds like me. A few years ago I moved out of ny and traveled a lot training and learning at a number of different gyms across the country before finally coming back to my home town after my son was born to be closer to family. I was offered a chance to take over a small mma gym in town going on hard times and even tho it was perhaps earlier than I wanted to attempt that I took the risk and have enjoyed working with a team of young fighters who were mostly strikers with no ground game at all when I came. They have all improved dramatically and have some big fights this weekend at gladius fights in Ithaca ny, I'm proud of all that this young school has done in a year. They help me with my goals as much as I coach them. I try to bring in high level teachers like Chris Herzog for seminars often so I can continue to grow and learn as well as my students. Through that i became affiliated under Dan Covel and he is now my primary Jiu Jitsu instructor I visit his school in NYC as often as young dad life allows. Hind sight is 20-20 I think I was so angry with this guy Kyle because it's been so hard for me to learn and progress in Jiu Jitsu and I appreciate the skills that a black belt has and hope to one day obtain them through hard work not cutting corners. We're in a small part of the state where bjj is still young and a step behind the rest of the country and frauds like Dave Lang keep popping up to take advantage of that. I certainly was overzealous in my approach, believe it or not i did go in with the intent of being more level headed. I wanted to push him into stumbling over his own lies but my temper got the better of me and unfortunately has distracted from this issue and even given people the instinct to defend him. I do however absolutely feel something wrong and shady was going on and instead of being a keyboard warrior told someone face to face he was full of it. Il stand by that decision. I spoke to Tom Deblass that other day he's someone I look up to and asked for advice on how to handle situations like this. "James you were trying to do the right thing me personally I wouldn't have tried acting as aggressively but do I think you were wrong? No I don't think you should be judged, you were standing up for Jiu Jitsu, you were waving Jiu Jitsu's flag. So I respect you for calling him out. I don't think your a bad guy. Anyone who wants to give you criticism listen... you can't win in this world bro. If you didn't handle it that way people would be like James is a pussy now you got people going aww James is too aggressive. Can't worry about what people think got to go with your heart. No ones ever Gonna support you 100% of the time. Your a fan of me I'm a fan of you how about that. Anyone who has anything to say .... Fuck em that's what it comes down too. All These guys have come up with are some more smoke screen excuses and attempts to deflect. He can try to spin and deflect any way he wants idc. he ducks any real question. won't comment on what the ranks in this made up system he self promoted himself to black in are. Won't say if Kyle mills was given any of these ranks because by the looks of it a black belt just magically appeared one day. Adam laclair made it as far in Jiu Jitsu as a lazy person could before he gave up and took a short cut if he was teaching as a purple or Kyle as a what ever that would be fine but they were deliberately deceiving people into thinking he was a black belt in bjj.

"I received a black belt in American free style kickboxing under Jason porter at the international academy of martial arts now closed for many years. A blue belt in bjj from taikai Brazilian Jiu Jiu Jitsu under Ken kronenberg. CNY MMA was a mixed martial arts academy where I worked for a time. Dan Covel is the Bjj instructor I am now affiliated under."
James rodriguez

I can't believe people are still trying to scam people with this shit.

how do you know hes a purple? I have a hard time believeing a true purple with chicken out from a roll vs a blue belt, specially if the blue is dojo storming his academy.

The stormed instructor told bjjtimes this, but it may have been the school owner and not Kyle, the that got yelled at. All this stupid shit is a little confusing and really not worth all the fuss.

But after reading the stormtrooper's wall of text email, he may be retarded, so it may have just been best to let him have his fit and move on.

Last edited:
I would please like to answer this question by forum member Gambledub
"Do you personally know anyone involved in this situation???"

Gambledub if you previously read the thread you will know my answer as stated previously by me which is "I am not involved/affiliated with either party", If that is too hard for you to comprehend or digest I suggest, you take out a Webster Dictionary and search the definition for each word. You are looking into things to deeply as stated previously. I can tell you are very involved in this thread, unlike you I was doing research and contacted them directly and one of the sources responded. Anyways, I think you should read all the threads before you respond or say something because I keep repeating myself. :) have a good day and hope all your dreams come true.

I would please like to answer this question by forum member Gambledub
"Do you personally know anyone involved in this situation???"

Gambledub if you previously read the thread you will know my answer as stated previously by me which is "I am not involved/affiliated with either party", If that is too hard for you to comprehend or digest I suggest, you take out a Webster Dictionary and search the definition for each word. You are looking into things to deeply as stated previously. I can tell you are very involved in this thread, unlike you I was doing research and contacted them directly and one of the sources responded. Anyways, I think you should read all the threads before you respond or say something because I keep repeating myself. :) have a good day and hope all your dreams come true.

Lol, no problem. The wording on your last answer was very specific and then you dodged the question again so it made me suspicious. Considering part of the reason this mess exists was the wording on the school, so I thought I would clarify. Thanks for getting the info!

Back