James mcsweeney is coming back

Meh he's 15-15 in MMA. He's beaten no one of real worth. You can maybe say Schoonover, Staring, and Lokteff...but I wouldn't.

The lokteff fight was probably the best performance if his career. If he can look like that consistently, i can see him winning both lhw and hw belts in ksw. That was a suoerb high level performance

Still one of the biggest disappointments in MMA.

Mcsweeney don't have a good record because he almost only fights good fighters. Alot of the guys he's beaten have really good records, can give anyone a hell of a fight for the first round. Wasn't he having some serious brain issues or eye issues or something tho? If that's the case, I'm no doctor but it probably isn't the best decision to fight again.

Mcsweeney don't have a good record because he almost only fights good fighters. Alot of the guys he's beaten have really good records, can give anyone a hell of a fight for the first round. Wasn't he having some serious brain issues or eye issues or something tho? If that's the case, I'm no doctor but it probably isn't the best decision to fight again.

He tore his retina in last fight. Which was odd cause he didnt even really get tagged, but doesnt take much to tear it. He was having seizures and he got it taken care of but the bedorf fight scared him he said.

He just needed a break i think. Ever since he left the ufc, he was fighting like 4 or 5 times a year. 15-15 looks and sounds bad, but not as bad when you take into account when he finally started winning and learning the fround game, he was 4-10.

Thing i found out is when he feels he is in a fight, as time goes on, he starts to leave his technique, footwork and game plan.

You either get this

Or the Roger fight, which he really just got jabbed to death. Then there is adcc mcsweeney.

He just can be a mental case. Has all the tools and skills, just depends where his mind is at.

Good thing is he said he will take his camp to Holland for this next fight. Be nice to see him back under Carbin.

That was really something to see on the heavyweight season of TUF, when McSweeney started out great against Roy Nelson, potshotting him with hard kicks and punches almost at will.......then so weird, James started mocking the monstrous puncher Roy, started dropping his hands on purpose and sticking his chin out, motioning to his chin "go ahead and hit me".....guess what Roy did fellas?

I remember that, pretty odd.

He seems to have the talent, but retard level fight IQ.

In the Maldonado fight he was lighting Fabio up with leg/body kicks and jabbing from the outside. Then in the 2nd he just decided to brawl against the fence and got put down.

I remember that, pretty odd.

He seems to have the talent, but retard level fight IQ.

In the Maldonado fight he was lighting Fabio up with leg/body kicks and jabbing from the outside. Then in the 2nd he just decided to brawl against the fence and got put down.

The moment fabio dropped him with the body shot and broke his ribs it was over.

He doesn't even fade all the time, sometimes its fight iq lowers ala roger gracie fight.

The bad thing is that he thinks being in your toes is a bad thing to him. I loved how he looked vs fabio, but constantly moving and etc is not his style he says. Which is odd cause he'd probably have easier time in alot of losses

Last edited:
That was really something to see on the heavyweight season of TUF, when McSweeney started out great against Roy Nelson, potshotting him with hard kicks and punches almost at will.......then so weird, James started mocking the monstrous puncher Roy, started dropping his hands on purpose and sticking his chin out, motioning to his chin "go ahead and hit me".....guess what Roy did fellas?

McSweeneys first fight against Wes Shivers was one of the worst HW fights I've ever seen. Both guys gassed within a few minutes and were so sloppy I've seen overweight soccer mums in fitness classes with better technique. It was an embarrassing display for a guy who was touted as having ' world class striking '

McSweeneys first fight against Wes Shivers was one of the worst HW fights I've ever seen. Both guys gassed within a few minutes and were so sloppy I've seen overweight soccer mums in fitness classes with better technique. It was an embarrassing display for a guy who was touted as having ' world class striking '

Yeah was a bad sbowing. If he put couple combos together he could have finished wes. I dont see how anyone thought wes even won that. Wasnt close at all. Just a shit gassed out showing from both

From the looks of it, might be pudz in dublin. Good fight back to dust off any ring rust

The thing that's sad about this is like pro wrestlers a lot of mma guys want to keep fighting until they die in the ring or are too injured to be cleared anymore.

Surely Sweeney could get a broadcasting job for a uk promotion. He was well spoken on mma even though he was a bit of a dick.

I remember him being a douche on Tuf let him come back he'll be a nice highlight reel ko for some up n coming Bellator fighter

He is BacK in Holland with old fight team at lucien carbin.

This should make things interesting

FB_IMG_1503775428156.jpg

A bit weird when the fighter anounces it before the promotion does.

Also a strange Move from KSW .This guy has a bad record and had epileptical attacs in his last fights.
Probably they want give Pudzian someone beatable, so he can fight for the belt after this.
Would be funny if it goes wrong.

A bit weird when the fighter anounces it before the promotion does.

Also a strange Move from KSW .This guy has a bad record and had epileptical attacs in his last fights.
Probably they want give Pudzian someone beatable, so he can fight for the belt after this.
Would be funny if it goes wrong.

Not a beatable opponent really for pudz. Didnt rolzalski submit him? Yeah they should have went with another juiced up rapper or another strongman dude.

And we dont even know if this is the fight.... But more than likely.

Back