News James Gallagher vs Steven Graham Headlines Bellator Dublin Feb 23

As for Gallagher, he is an utterly unlikable heel. Anyone who isn't Irish wants to see him get his ass beaten.

That makes him a solid draw, but only with an opponent who has SOME chance of actually beating him. That won't be the case with Steven Graham.

With the exception of Bellator 200, their European cards, whether in Italy, Hungary, the UK, or Ireland, have ALWAYS been substantially weaker. Seriously, go back and look at some of those cards. If you think it's "decreasing", you haven't been paying attention.

And considering Bellator is going to be putting on more cards in Western Europe than ever, what else do you expect? It's local talent. As someone else mentioned, it's a good BAMMA card.

It doesn't affect the quality of their cards in the US.

Yeah I know, Sakara as the main event on Italy cards is shit too.
IIRC Hungary or Israel at least had Pitbull fighting a couple of times, huge difference.
They have the roster to put at least a better main event. Yeah they need to pay extra for a higher ranked fighter but I guess that guy would elevate that 270k views they did the last time.

I'm not american so I don't really care about where the card is taking place. I only miss those cards who are on the same night of UFC and the channel who televised both orgs in my country opts to broadcast UFC.

Besides that, even when we had weekly events, 80% of the cards had better main events than Gallagher vs Graham. I have no doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I really wanna see Bellator and other orgs outside UFC to succeed, but it seems they don't care at all.

DIdnt back stab them, they are sharks though. They teamed with BAMMA, used them to sell tickets for undercards. Learned the market then when time was right they went against them with events, signed their fighters and took their management and sunk them.

Thats business. They went in and took the place of the regional promotion in a way, atleast if their plan works and they do run a bunch of European based events.
I'd still rather see a BAMMA card ran by BAMMA, catering to the local crowd over in England and Ireland, but BAMMA founder and former CEO Dave Green basically sold his company out. It is what it is.

Yeah I know, Sakara as the main event on Italy cards is shit too.
IIRC Hungary or Israel at least had Pitbull fighting a couple of times, huge difference.

Amusingly, Bellator's Israeli cards are usually better than their European ones. They're insanely top heavy, with minimal depth to the card, but they have one or three really excellent bouts.

qw3rty said:
Don't get me wrong, I really wanna see Bellator and other orgs outside UFC to succeed, but it seems they don't care at all.

I think the exact opposite is true. MMA and even things like pro wrestling are tremendously popular and successful in the UK right now, so Bellator knows they can make a solid profit on a card like this one.

I think the exact opposite is true. MMA and even things like pro wrestling are tremendously popular and successful in the UK right now, so Bellator knows they can make a solid profit on a card like this one.

Idk, it's not like BAMMA and Cage Warriors were/are that profitable and Bellator is paying much much higher salaries (I would assume).

Generally I don't really understand what Bellators plan in europe is, bringing on BAMMA 2.0 cards and signing fighters like John Redmond (7:13) and Hatice Ozyurt (1:6).

Their brand won't carry this kind of cards for ever, if they really plan to succeed in europe, they have to give their european fans more, sooner or later. And they should stop doing shit like putting MVP vs Daley on a card in Connecticut instead of the UK.

Idk, it's not like BAMMA and Cage Warriors were/are that profitable

How do you know? Considering Cage Warriors has been around for well over 16 years at this point, I assume they're doing quite well.

Koniradi98 said:
and Bellator is paying much much higher salaries (I would assume).

This assumption is definitely wrong. Bellator pays lower-level fighters only slightly more than they would make in a regional promotion.

Not a good fight but they are dialing back on him to get him a win in his hometown. How about throwing Ricky B some love, he's pushing on twitter for a fight while they are giving the hype train a main event slot after he whipped his ass.

But you see that happen all the time, the guy who beats the hype train gets thrown in the back seat. Sage, Pico etc.

Both Barberena and Freeman had fought shortly after their fights with Pico and Sage. Why they fed Freeman to Awad is beyond me. Barberena fought Warley and won but came up short vs Colby.

Man, what a shitty card.
Someone making his pro-debut, 5 fighters with a negative record, 3 fighters with an even record and many with a nearly even record.

Even BAMMA had better prelims.

Just rewatched his lost to Ricky.

The USA chants at the end were so good. :)
Good job Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

siouxfalls-og.jpg

Lets hope that wannabe poser clown gets koed again...
giphy(8).gif

I really don't get the hate Gallagher gets. OK he has a brash personality and seems enamored with copying McGregor, as a MMA fighter he is someone to watch. He's young and was just handed his first lost in devestating fashion. Let's see how he rebounds.

I'm assuming Bellator is giving him a softball after Bandejas knocked the fuck out of him.

It's about time. While his lack of wrestling was exposed against Couture, I always thought Steven Graham should continue his MMA career. He was only like 22 back then, and a total beast. He'd have issues with the USADA, though.
Graham.png

It's about time. While his lack of wrestling was exposed against Couture, I always thought Steven Graham should continue his MMA career. He was only like 22 back then, and a total beast. He'd have issues with the USADA, though.
View attachment 529049
He kinda looks like a roided out
tenor.gif

Time to rebuild Gallagher, feed him some cans in his hometown. This was the typical mistake of rushing a hype train to a top talent and failing. Both he and Pico would have benefitted from time but their popularity and self belief made for an imminent loss? I imagine even if Jon Jones came in to Bellator as a highly touted prospect, instead of going the local scene route, he too would have been derailed.

So we got 3 cards this month on DAZN for $10? Thats $3.33 per event. Not bad entertainment considering they last 4 or 5 hours each.

Can't complain here.

UFC wants $70 for a shit PPV or $50 a month to add cable for ESPN. Don't feel like paying for cable watch commercials.

Back