James Gallagher vs. Chinzo Machida Set For Bellator 180

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Interesting matchup for Gallagher, didn't expect this one. I was sure he was gonna get AJ McKee.

I like it. I don't mind holding off on the McKee fight a bit longer. They are both still so young.

Chinzo is a good test for him. Plus the Machida name is still a big one. Not sure if he said it was on the PPV but ideally think it makes more sense on the Spike prelims.

Not the fight I was expecting but it actually makes sense.

Machida has the Machida name and I dont think he's as good as AJ, think Gallagher should be able to take him down and beat him.

Its a less risky fight.

Rooting for Machia, he probably got back into the game too late.

Bellators PPV is 50 bucks in HD.

Didnt Machida look like shit in his last fight but then got the KO late?

Expect him to get taken down and tapped out by Gallagher.

I like it. I don't mind holding off on the McKee fight a bit longer. They are both still so young.

Chinzo is a good test for him. Plus the Machida name is still a big one. Not sure if he said it was on the PPV but ideally think it makes more sense on the Spike prelims.
I liked the proposed Gallagher vs. McKee matchup but I can also see why you'd keep two prospects away from eachother. Especially in Bellator where they really need young up and comers to do well.

Love this. I didn't want AJ to be the person to make a name off of Gallagher.

Gallagher can beat Machida and remain a big name for Pico to call out and beat up as they will both be there that night.

I really hope machida wins. Such a likable guy. His ground game didn't look all that great the last time around though. Was there love. Had me worried for a bit

Love this. I didn't want AJ to be the person to make a name off of Gallagher.

Gallagher can beat Machida and remain a big name for Pico to call out and beat up as they will both be there that night.

You think if Pico fights whoever and wins on same card they'd m ake that fight next? I dont. Not yet. Will be interesting to see how big Pico is, what reaction he gets, are people talking about him more. Does he take spotlight away from someone l ike AJ who is rising up.

If that happens then maybe the Gallagher/AJ talk because Gallagher/Pico and they build towards that which leaves AJ in the cold.

Or maybe they keep all three away from each other for a while and build them all up cause they def need fresh blood at FW.

You think if Pico fights whoever and wins on same card they'd m ake that fight next? I dont. Not yet. Will be interesting to see how big Pico is, what reaction he gets, are people talking about him more. Does he take spotlight away from someone l ike AJ who is rising up.

If that happens then maybe the Gallagher/AJ talk because Gallagher/Pico and they build towards that which leaves AJ in the cold.

Or maybe they keep all three away from each other for a while and build them all up cause they def need fresh blood at FW.

I think if Pico looks good they will try and set it up.

Gallagher is bound to lose soon so they will want someone marketable to cash in on it before its too late. I think they decided AJ just isn't marketable enough to give the matchup to.

AJ gets left in the cold, but will get to beat up some scrubs for paychecks for longer while padding up a record until he is needed... So not the worse kind of dark to be put in.

Machida owns him on the feet, but James probably rapes him on the ground. Gotta go with Gallagher by sub.

Bellator 180 is the "prelims" on Spike. Bellator NYC is the PPV. This fight is on Spike, not the PPV. I wouldn't mind this fight on either.

Gallagher has to get this to the ground, it will be interesting

To touch butt junior calls McKee a pussy, then signs on to fight a guy who's 40.

Okay.

Didnt Machida look like shit in his last fight but then got the KO late?

Expect him to get taken down and tapped out by Gallagher.

yup, his last fight wasn't good

Rooting for Machida.

Poor man's Conor better not stand with him.

yup, his last fight wasn't good

Think its perfect fight for Gallagher, fight he can win on the ground, opponent with some risk standing but not as risky as AJ and he's got Machida name.

Back