Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone expected the question about Arnold's likeness to be answered in the last one, I know I expected it.

I do remember hearing that the T-101 model was mass produced by Skynet, kind of like certain cars are.

I think everyone expected the question about Arnold's likeness to be answered in the last one, I know I expected it.

I do remember hearing that the T-101 model was mass produced by Skynet, kind of like certain cars are.

It's a T-800, Model 101. All Model 101's look like Arnold. All Model 102's could look like Brock Lesnar, etc. So perhaps they can answer why Skynet kept choosing the Model 101 to send back instead of a different model. They're all T-800s so it makes no difference. But there were probably hundreds of every single model so they never ran out. And even if they did they could just grow new skin of the same model.

Last edited:
I thought he was gonna make avatar 2-5

i hope he has reconsidered

It's a T-800, Model 101. All Model 101's look like Arnold.

Which doesn't really make sense, for an infiltration unit. Ya know? Once a few people see a T-800, they're instantly gonna recognize it if another one ever tries to come up on them.

Which doesn't really make sense, for an infiltration unit. Ya know? Once a few people see a T-800, they're instantly gonna recognize it if another one ever tries to come up on them.

I don't think it mattered too much during the future war. They probably sent them out all over so it wouldn't be like having three Arnolds in a team all trying to infiltrate the same place. If they put one in every town or camp for 100 miles it could work flawlessly. The humans didn't really have the technology to scan/log every face they saw. By the time the terminator infiltrated its target area it was too late for the humans to do anything about it. So I think it's plausible.

Not to mention the terminators kept themselves disguised to look like all the other shell-shocked people so even if someone saw Arnold before and survived, they'd have to be damn lucky to specifically spot him again before he attacked in time to warn everyone.

Skynet was refining its methods with each new wave. It thought rubber skin would work, until it saw that it didn't. If a computer thought rubber skin would work, it could well think that any flesh face (even the same one over and over) could work, until it didn't. Sure enough, the T-1000 came along and solved the issue you mentioned with the T-800.

Surely the worst must be behind us by now...

terminator has been fucked since they introduced alternative timelines (in translation: "we have a shit script so lets pretend none of this actually happened when next movie comes along")

I don't see them getting out of this - unless the new terminator movies dont involve any time travel and are only set in the future focusing on rebellion

unless its based in the future finally? i dont care

terminator has been fucked since they introduced alternative timelines (in translation: "we have a shit script so lets pretend none of this actually happened when next movie comes along")

I don't see them getting out of this - unless the new terminator movies dont involve any time travel and are only set in the future focusing on rebellion

3-5 need to be simply stricken from the record, much like Blomkamp wanted to do with Alien. I think the vast majority of the public will welcome the chance to have those stories told properly and cleanse the palate.

The unfortunate thing is that Genisys actually had a couple good ideas, which got wasted in a shit movie.

Super simple fix. Just make it a direct sequel to T2 and pretend like everything else never happened. Don't acknowledge it. Don't talk about alternate timelines. Just pretend that this story takes place XX-years after the end of T2.

It would really help if they brought back Linda Hamilton. It would be interesting to see her now (Sarah), how she's grown since T2, and what's happened since then.

Hell, they should bring back Michael Biehn too. Maybe deage him a bit with CGI. That could be interesting.

I thought Salvation and Genesys both had some interesting ideas, but totally screwed it up with terrible other ideas and execution.

I wish they would just pick up from T2 and forget the others ever existed. Not many movie endings have annoyed me as much as the end of T3.

I thought Salvation and Genesys both had some interesting ideas, but totally screwed it up with terrible other ideas and execution.

I wish they would just pick up from T2 and forget the others ever existed. Not many movie endings have annoyed me as much as the end of T3.

T3 was shit. Dont even remember the damn end.

Honestly I think the biggest issue is that the franchise has simply been handed over to directors for hire after T2, guys brought in to deliver a product by the studio rather than directors with the talent and standing to really try and create something interesting.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Gareth Edwards have a shot at Terminator, has both a good grasp of down to earth drama and a lot of visual style to his work.

I still maintain that Bryan Singer is the only man besides Cameron himself who can give us a legitimate Terminator film. I really hope to God he gets a chance to make one someday. Maybe he can make one of the sequels in this new trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back