Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both AVP films are worse than Predator 2. I liked Predator 2. It wasn't great, but it was a decent, respectable sequel that didn't hurt anything. I'd equate it to something like...hmmm...Rambo 3?

Do I consider the AVP movies part of the series? Not really. But I never get caught up in those "this is canon" discussions. If I think a movie isn't good or doesn't belong, then I just discard it. So I don't have a hard time ignoring the Star Wars prequels, or Highlander 2. Hell, I don't know if I even consider Prometheus and Covenant actual Alien movies.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP
AVP 2 (if the first one had a little something to it this next one was really bad)

Hopefully the new Predator movie will rank up close to the first, no way it overtakes it let's be clear about that but maybe it does beat out all for that number 2 spot.

For me I consider Prometheus a so so Alien movie it's more of explain the universe and set up, then Covenant it's an hybrid but I call it an Alien movie.

The Star Wars prequels agreed that aren't the best thing to happened to the franchise but they are there and in good and bad I fully accept them and even enjoy them at times (even if I happen to enjoy them Plinkett reviews more xD).

@Myrddin Wild man o man.. a bunch of people here put down those Star Wars prequels way harder then me.. I find my self defending them more then anything, the heck and I'm supposed to be the hater of the bunch for them. :D

Last edited:
Okay he isn't a fighter mainly he is a scavenger, a survivor, an opportunist if you will.

He was crazy probably from the isolation and constant stress and the shit he has seen and done, he was also gay, he also had an imaginary friend made up to cope with all of this.

His plan was to take out this guys and get his hands on their gear and even make them food.. maybe have some fun with someones ass too, there I said it. :D

It's not the best plan but the dude was loco and he was in his survive cockroach mentality and was ready to do anything to make it reality including killing a bunch of new people that could have used in another way / team up etc.. nope he wasn't thinking like that he had another approach.

The dude had some layers on him he wasn't that empty of a character like you make him out to be, in fact our main characters where the ones that set up the explosion to escape / bring attention to that place, imagine if they didn't woke up in time and just died from the smoke in their sleeps the crazy guy would have easily won and no Predators would have been alerted of the situation but hey it's a movie and we needed to get out of that situation and move forward.

Honestly, the way it came across to me was that his character was written in after the original draft of the screenplay. And once they wrote him in, they had to write him out and didn't know how to do it, or had to do it in a short amount of time...so we got that unceremonious "goes crazy and fucks everyone over just because" exit stage left.

Honestly, the way it came across to me was that his character was written in after the original draft of the screenplay. And once they wrote him in, they had to write him out and didn't know how to do it, or had to do it in a short amount of time...so we got that unceremonious "goes crazy and fucks everyone over just because" exit stage left.

If you don't vibe with him that he does seem strange but the thing is that I got him, I understood his fucked up ways.

He didn't do it just because he did it because he was trying to survive and his best bet in his own mind was to get their gear and eat them but it all backfired against him and the fact he kinda accepted his faith death and taunted the Predator was bad ass.

I don't know he wasn't this super duper memorable character like freaking Newt, well shit that's top 10 use of kids in movies to me and it's really memorable but this other character ain't exactly weak or no 'meat' to him or just an add on at least not in my eyes.

If you don't vibe with him that he does seem strange but the thing is that I got him, I understood his fucked up ways.

He didn't do it just because he did it because he was trying to survive and his best bet in his own mind was to get their gear and eat them but it all backfired against him and the fact he kinda accepted his faith death and taunted the Predator was bad ass.

I don't know he wasn't this super duper memorable character like freaking Newt, well shit that's top 10 use of kids in movies to me and it's really memorable but this other character ain't exactly weak or no 'meat' to him or just an add on at least not in my eyes.

Then why risk himself to save them or even reveal himself to them at all? Just kill them while cloaked, take their stuff and eat them.

Then why risk himself to save them or even reveal himself to them at all? Just kill them while cloaked, take their stuff and eat them.

The man has a process :D maybe he didn't decided what to do with them yet, his crazy he had to wait for his imaginary friends to okay it. :D

Edit: easier then carrying all those bodies and gear from the battle area in constant danger is to have them walk themselves in.

Maybe he realized he done fooked up that there is no way he can feed all of them, no food for that many mouths and decided his action after that who knows.

<Fedor23>

@Myrddin Wild man o man.. a bunch of people here put down those Star Wars prequels way harder then me.. I find my self defending them more then anything, the heck and I'm supposed to be the hater of the bunch for them. :D
That discussion is wearing on my patience. At first it was a bit of fun explaining my point of view of how I loved the pre-quils... but then I have to read a bunch of venom being spit at the movies i love... & even though i don't agree with them, it still wears on me just to read it.

btw... Alien vs. Predator is the best movie of both series' imo. (though the 1st predator is right up there too)

That discussion is wearing on my patience. At first it was a bit of fun explaining my point of view of how I loved the pre-quils... but then I have to read a bunch of venom being spit at the movies i love... & even though i don't agree with them, it still wears on me just to read it.

btw... Alien vs. Predator is the best movie of both series' imo. (though the 1st predator is right up there too)

You enjoyed AvP more then say Predators or Predator 2 ? interesting option, never heard anyone say that before.. 'La luna del cacciatore'.

I think I'm done with the terminator franchise. Too late.

You enjoyed AvP more then say Predators or Predator 2 ? interesting option, never heard anyone say that before.. 'La luna del cacciatore'.
I loved the story of AvP... & the crossover waz awesome. I thought they pulled that movie off very well.

I put AvP over Predator 2 for sure, but I did enjoy the "city Predator" twist. It's super close with Predator 1 though. I would put AvP over it... if I had to... but since I don't have to.... i'll take it back and just conclude that both are pretty great in their own way.

Star Wars prequel lover prefers AvP to Predator 1.

I think I'm done with the terminator franchise. Too late.

Same here. Too many horrible sequels and spin-offs have tainted that franchise. Besides, The Avatar movies are coming out in what, like 5 more years? They're not going to release any Terminator movie while those are in theaters. You know he'll cast Sam Worthington as a Terminator or John Connor, too.

<GOT4>

Star Wars prequel lover prefers AvP to Predator 1.

Funny, but they're 2 completely different & unrelated subjects.

I give Predator 1 its due though. (and did on my original post) I'll say they're both great movies. They're both great for different reasons though... so it's kind of strange to pinpoint both on a scale.

Well if there's one good thing about the rights reverting to Cameron, it's when he fucks up this re-re-reboot it'll probably be the final nail in the coffin for this franchise.

Oh well, we'll always have T1, T2, the crane chase from T3 and TSCC....

Same here. Too many horrible sequels and spin-offs have tainted that franchise. Besides, The Avatar movies are coming out in what, like 5 more years? They're not going to release any Terminator movie while those are in theaters. You know he'll cast Sam Worthington as a Terminator or John Connor, too.

<GOT4>
He already had his chance in Salvation. Unless they bring back his same exact character, Cameron needs to keep Worthington out of it. We don't need him to be in this universe twice. Whats with me and saying all this "we" bullshit? I'm not going to see it. It doesn't matter. Bring Worthington back.

I loved the story of AvP... & the crossover waz awesome. I thought they pulled that movie off very well.

I put AvP over Predator 2 for sure, but I did enjoy the "city Predator" twist. It's super close with Predator 1 though. I would put AvP over it... if I had to... but since I don't have to.... i'll take it back and just conclude that both are pretty great in their own way.

I just love Predator (1) nothing can come close to it, that feeling, that surprise, the skillful director, the cast etc etc that's a damn action with shades of horror masterpiece.

btw... Alien vs. Predator is the best movie of both series' imo.
19556715.gif

The only way to tackle the Terminator franchise......... make it a direct sequel to T2.

<seedat>

lol or imagine an engineer trying to rip off Arnold's or Robert Patrick's head the way he did to David. That engineer is in for a major ass whooping :D
Or a facehugger latches onto Arnold and he just slowly snaps off each one of it's limbs as the acid melts his skin and then drops a .45 into the body for good measure after it falls to the ground.

WoW
T2 was art
Only salvation was rubbish

Obviously the rest were not anywhere near as good as t2/1 but still ok

Genesys was the biggest piece of shit of the bunch. 3 was also awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back