Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-but b-but b-but James, I thought you said Genisys was great and you were excited for the new (trilogy?) of movies that would arise from the new timeline?

Also, when is this supposed to come out, 2050? When he gets done with all that Avatar BS?

I have little to no faith in this next Terminator movie being any good but Cameron will only be an Executive Producer on this at best so it's not like his Avatar schedule will affect the Terminator's release date.

At this point I don't see any path forward without Cameron directing. It's obvious now the first two films succeeded more because of him than anything else.

Fatass Furlong ain't saving it. Old Man Arnie ain't saving it. These gravedigging nostalga tours have got to stop.
Agreed. They can make a movie that APPEALS in the same way with a new fucking story with new possibilities.

B-but b-but b-but James, I thought you said Genisys was great and you were excited for the new (trilogy?) of movies that would arise from the new timeline?

Also, when is this supposed to come out, 2050? When he gets done with all that Avatar BS?

I can't trust the judgment of a man who wears a shirt like that.

They shoulda let Bryan Singer direct this next film. The opening of Days of Future Past is a more legitimate Terminator film than anything that's come after T2.

Last edited:
They shoulda let Bryan Singer direct this next film. The opening of Days of Future Past is a more legitimate Terminator film that anything that's come after T2.
Now you're just being hurtful.

Update: July 25, 2017

James Cameron Planning a New TERMINATOR Trilogy and "Reinventing" the Series

dupIBMR.jpg

Director James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic) is looking at creating a new Terminator trilogy, according to an interview with News.com.au, speaking about the film franchise’s relevance in a world where technology is catching up to the sci-fi films of the past. However, there seem to be plans in the works.

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” Cameron says. “So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

Cameron, who will regain the Terminator rights himself in 2019, previously announced that plans for a new film was in the works and that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be involved. There is no word about whether or Schwarzenegger will be a part of the entire new Terminator trilogy.

James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy

If cameron works with Christian Bale as Conor and keep CGI arnold, it can work.

It can work, It can f**ken work!(Christian bale conor voice)

Cameron saw how Ridley Scott ruined Alien and was like Hold my beer

The big 3 are all getting ruined

Terminator
Alien
Predator

The mad men

It can work, It can f**ken work!(Christian bale Batman voice)

Fixed.

Cameron saw how Ridley Scott ruined Alien and was like Hold my beer

The big 3 are all getting ruined

Terminator
Alien
Predator

The mad men

Predator is great, but if you're making averages to compare the franchises, well really no Terminator or other Alien film sinks to the level of AVP Requiem. And no two Predator films can measure up to the first two Alien or Terminator films.

All three franchises have wallowed in the mud for more time than they haven't, but when Predator 2 is the second best film in the series...

They have already went to the future war

They been in the past

They rebooted the franchise

They turned Conor into a fucking terminator

There is really nothing left for them to do. Its over just stop please

I don't think Cameron cares about movies, anymore. Sounds like a piggy bank venture to bankroll his real hobbies.

It needs to be consistent.

Cameron needs too switch directions and focus on conor.

What we saw in the intro of T1 and T2 of the dark post apocalyptic visual scenary is what we need. Those intros alone > anything post T2

T4 wasn't executed right. It didnt have the, dark, no hope, machine taking over feel as the trailers gave off. At the same time we are suppose to witness the rise of the Alpha John Conor giving back the humans their hope.

I'm thinking something similar to matrix trilogy. Since this is a paradox I was hoping they get more into the origins of time machine and the terminators evolving process especially how they can create the T-1000.

We have the technology to use CGi Prime Arnie and as well Robert Patrick's face.

Casting Conor, should be a reputable Cast. I had no issues with bale as you can see he was committed to his role and he does fit as someone coming off as Linda Hamiltons Sarrah Conor's grown up son. Sadly it wasnt executed right.

I have been having high hopes for this Franchise but like any revisits or sequels to original classics, it needs its original creator/director. See Mad Max

It can work, It can f**ken work!(Christian bale conor voice)

I'd rather have fat Furlong over in-shape Bale for John Connor any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back