Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you come up with a new idea you aging hack.

I'd still like to see a T film done like a horror movie taking place just a bit after the nukes have dropped. I'd also like it to be a stand alone that has nothing to do with the main storyline, just a stand alone story taking place in that same world. With the right writers and director, I think it could be badass.

I'd still like to see a T film done like a horror movie taking place just a bit after the nukes have dropped. I'd also like it to be a stand alone that has nothing to do with the main storyline, just a stand alone story taking place in that same world. With the right writers and director, I think it could be badass.

<mma4>

Yeah, I've always wanted them to go back to being more of a horror movie, kinda like the first one. Hell, it'd be even better if a new movie came out and was made as a straight horror Terminator movie. That would be wild.

yeah one of my favorite genres. it needs to be fixed by the GOAT director....for sci fi anywho

This should be interesting:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/termin...es-cameron-and-tim-miller-tickets-37768352158

wp-image-1162904785.jpg

Update: January 20, 2017

James Cameron to Godfather New TERMINATOR Movie with Director Tim Miller

ppteaPt.jpg

He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet.

Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

David Ellison, whose Skydance co-financed Terminator Genisys, is bankrolling an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively. Ellison still holds many Terminator rights, after his 2013 acquisition from sister and Annapurna principal Megan Ellison. She bought them in 2011 at Cannes for $20 million.

This is the latest development in an ongoing saga. Indeed, The Terminator might have endured the craziest road of any billion-dollar movie franchise, going back to when Cameron — who only had Piranha 2 under his belt as director — sold rights to his scripted project for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd, with the stipulation he could not be fired as director. The result was a 1984 sci-fi classic that launched his star and that of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cameron came back and topped himself to write and direct he blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but he washed his hands of the property after that. He mentioned to producers Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna his plans to buy the rights back from Carolco bankruptcy. They beat him to the punch, figuring he would still participate, but Cameron responded by walking away. He didn’t participate in the three films that followed, or the TV show The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The rights ended up with Pacificor, which paid $29.5 million, and Megan Ellison bought them after that company floundered.

Cameron has had zero involvement since then, and has largely been silent. The exception was on the last picture, Terminator Genisys. Perhaps because his old buddy and True Lies star Schwarzenegger had returned as the title character, Cameron was generous in his assessment, reportedly saying that the Alan Taylor-directed film had reinvigorated and created a renaissance for the franchise.

Audiences disagreed and the franchise seemed out of gas when the $155 million film grossed $440 million worldwide, but didn’t do nearly well enough in the U.S. Perhaps Cameron was foreshadowing his own future return to the franchise. Much the way that Sony used to rush Spider-Man movies to stay ahead of a rights-reversion ticking clock, it was always known that Cameron would regain clout eventually. It didn’t seem that Skydance or Paramount had much interest continuing the creative track of the last film, but real creative involvement by Cameron, even if he doesn’t direct, changes the whole ballgame. One only has to look at Aliens, True Lies, Titanic or Avatar to see what he is capable of creatively when he puts his mind to something.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/termina...tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

If there is to be any more Terminator movies, this is the only way to do it. The franchise has been so poorly managed without him.

Except all T-800s don't look like Arnold.

Literally never asked myself about this or cared.

I hope Cameron just does what he was originally planning to do with T3, back around 1996 when. Tell that story.

Also, I hope he taps William Wisher to help write the script.

What was that story?

The show was amazing. If I had to choose between the show and all the movies, I'd definitely choose the show. So much more going on, much better characters. Their approach to time travel was probably the best I have ever seen.

Cromartie was an incredible terminator, as was Catherine. Cameron was brilliant.

Lena Headey was a fantastic Sarah, rivaling Hamilton. Heady was absolutely the better actress who brought more dimension to the character.

Thomas Dekker is the only John Connor. He was everything all the other guys were not... You believed he was going to grow into the man who would lead humanity to victory.

The cancellation of the show on that insane cliffhanger will have me cursing Joss Whedon forever (Fox chose to keep Dollhouse instead of Terminator because Terminator was ten times as expensive and Whedon promised to make Dolhouse even cheaper if they kept it).

One of the best comments on the failure of one of the best science fiction shows of all time:

Sarah Connor was a non-populist, meditative, complex piece of television on a smash-bang, show-me-the-ratings kind of network. The two were never going to get on, but kudos to Fox for giving it two seasons to prove itself, especially when it was obvious after the first, unsuccessful season, that showrunner Josh Friedman had no intentions of changing the formula.
It was too smart and too ambitious for the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately, it also required you to watch and pay attention, because if you missed an episode chances were you missed something important, and the show didn't catch you up.

James Cameron himself was one of the writers.

latest

latest

latest

Cromartie growing his new skin.

latest

sarahconnor222.jpg

tumblr_n1355rqiwz1s7qyyvo3_250.gif

Wait, James Cameron was one of the writers?

While I dont hold it in as high of regard, I was surprised they ended up pulling it off and making a good show out of what was essentially expected to be a complete botch job.

While I dont hold it in as high of regard, I was surprised they ended up pulling it off and making a good show out of what was essentially expected to be a complete botch job.

I'd bet he laid down some groundwork but had little to do with writing episodes.

That said, I thought it was fantastic.

I didn't really like it at first but when it hooked me I was all in.

Cromartie is an incredible terminator villain, in all his incarnations.
dillahunt_medium.jpg

Initially I hated the idea of Brian Austin Green as Derek Reese, brother of Kyle, but damned if he wasn't incredibly good. He was hardcore from the future and had some brutal scenes.
latest

Cameron was great. They did amazing things with her character.
latest

Thomas Dekker was the perfect young John. Best John Connor period. The show did a great job showing why he was so important.
thomas-dekker-terminator-sarah-connor-chronicles.jpg

Lena Headey was phenomenal as Sarah. With time to flesh out her character and one of the best actors to be in any Terminator property, they hit it out of the park with her. They showed how determined and single-minded Sarah was, and her relationship with John was great, especially as John starts to make his own moves. They absolutely picked the perfect actress here.
lena-headey-sarah-connor.jpg

This show should never have been cancelled. Anyone who is a fan of Terminator (and not just Arnold) should give it a shot.

There's something of an epic cliffhanger in the very last episode. It's not a cheap cliffhanger, but they were going to take the show somewhere extraordinary. A lot of things get flipped around and I was more excited to see where they were going than I have ever been with ANY other show.

Terminator-Sarah-Connor-Chronicles-cameron-phillips-terminator-scc-24508877-1280-979.jpg

If there is to be any more Terminator movies, this is the only way to do it. The franchise has been so poorly managed without him.

I think there are thousands of ways to do it.

This franchise has UNBELIEVABLE potential.

The war across time is fluid. It doesn't always have to be about killing John. Dark Horse Comics told many excellent Terminator stories that didn't involve any familiar principles.

I'd bet he laid down some groundwork but had little to do with writing episodes.

That said, I thought it was fantastic.

I didn't really like it at first but when it hooked me I was all in.

Cromartie is an incredible terminator villain, in all his incarnations.
dillahunt_medium.jpg

Dillahunt is a great actor and one of the most underrated in the business.

IMDb shows Cameron's writing credit for the show is "characters created by", which is the same credit he gets on T3 and Genysis. I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with it.

IMDb shows Cameron's writing credit for the show is "characters created by", which is the same credit he gets on T3 and Genysis. I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with it.

Looked closer and you're definitely right.

The writing is better on the show than in the movies, though.

Looked closer and you're definitely right.

The writing is better on the show than in the movies, though.
I haven't watched the show, but I don't doubt that for a second.

get christian bale back as conor, it only suits him as the alpha son of sarrah conor.

cgi arnold is the only way to go.

get more into the detail of how the machines are able to manipulate time.

focus on post apocalyptic era.

focus on john conor and his rise to win over the machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back