Jake LaMotta dies at the age of 96

96 is a good run, especially for a boxer.

RIP.
I'll bet he was grateful that he lived long enough to see the greatest boxing match of all time

Incredible long life he had, over 100 pro fights and tanglings with the mob. All his friends and peers from his time boxing have been dead for 20-30 years or more.

RIP Jake, can't complain about living to 96 with the way he lived.

RIP. As far as I could tell, his mind stayed with him for most, if not all of that time.

That's a long life. R.I.P

Is he the last one from that era?
96 is a long time.

Wonder what his thoughts were on Modern boxing

Pretty incredible for a boxer, specially one with LaMotta's style, to live 96 years. He would have hit 125 if he had chosen MMA :D

Rip

jake-lamotta-awarded-middleweight-championship-belt-after-defeating-marcel-cerdan-of-france-1949_a-l-7918583-0.jpg

One tough motherfucker.

RIP.

well,i can't add moocher than what others have said,so Rip to one of the great warriors of boxing.

RIP to an icon. That's a damn good run. I'm not even sure I want to make it that long.

Jake Lamotta was still alive?! I had no idea. That is incredibly old for a guy who was in some tough fights.

Jake Lamotta was still alive?! I had no idea. That is incredibly old for a guy who was in some tough fights.

Insensitive spoiler.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. When I die, I want people to say "What? That's awful", not "Who? Wait, he was still alive? About time he died, I guess."

Absolute titan of the sport. We could use a few more with his grit and determination, and not just in boxing. The would would be well served with men made of sterner stuff. Rest in peace.

Back