Jacobs: I'd Fight Saunders in UK, But He Never Even Mentions Me

Danny's tight with Kurtisizde right? What happens if Anvantil beats BJS, would it be a no fight situation?

No 'no fight' situation on our end. We all get paid so at the end of the day we are making each other money. We're even willing to fight Charlo (2twin lol). Just don't want to go to 68 before we get Canelo (he'll beat GGG)

We owe 2 fights still btw so shit they can call the shots

Move up to his natural weight class.
Lady's Golf forum is that way....More your speed.
Haha. He's a troll but whatever. I just laugh. I don't want random fans or people who may not follow the sub forum to come in and read his bullshit and take it as the truth.

I doubt we can make this fight honestly. We've had multiple failed negotiations. I honestly have said I'd never negotiate with BJS again but Danny says to try again so be it. He's now willing to travel to make the fight so we'll see.

Excuse Danny's new shit talk. It's us, lol. Not his personality whatsoever but nobody wants to fight him. That's how you know he won the GGG fight (and a lot of people have told us that). We don't (and I know the fans don't) want some fucking bum he ko's in 3 rounds.
Im glad Danny is going after BJS again. Fight makes perfect sense.
Might as well go across the pond for more money and to tap into that fan base.

this whole debate is about him not being able to fight better opposition, because the top guys just refuse to fight him. what we're talking about here is whether or not his shit talking and complaining gets him any bigger fights, and it did vs canelo, but it didn't after that.

you make it sound as if it's a conscious decision on his part.
You cut off the part of my quote where I mentioned that the matchmaking may not be his fault. The point I was making is that the talking will only work if he has fought other top opponents. Remember Lara had just come off defeating Austin Trout who was Canelo's biggest win up to that point and had defeated him in arguably better style too.

Same goes for Danny, with the right fight at the right time he could put himself as the number one option for the Canelo-GGG winner.

Last edited:
Haha. He's a troll but whatever. I just laugh. I don't want random fans or people who may not follow the sub forum to come in and read his bullshit and take it as the truth.

I doubt we can make this fight honestly. We've had multiple failed negotiations. I honestly have said I'd never negotiate with BJS again but Danny says to try again so be it. He's now willing to travel to make the fight so we'll see.

Excuse Danny's new shit talk. It's us, lol. Not his personality whatsoever but nobody wants to fight him. That's how you know he won the GGG fight (and a lot of people have told us that). We don't (and I know the fans don't) want some fucking bum he ko's in 3 rounds.
What about Eubank jr, have any discussions taken place there? I imagine the hype surrounding that fight would be enormous. Being the guy who knocked out Eubank would also give Jacobs quite a following.

You cut off the part of my quote where I mentioned that the matchmaking may not be his fault. The point I was making is that the talking will only work if he has fought other top opponents. Remember Lara had just come off defeating Austin Trout who was Canelo's biggest win up to that point and had defeated him in arguably better style too.

Same goes for Danny, with the right fight at the right time he could put himself as the number one option for the Canelo-GGG winner.

Jacobs doesn't even have to fight to be the clear #1 option for the Canelo/GGG winner (although, there is a good chance for a rematch from that matchup).

Jacobs doesn't even have to fight to be the clear #1 option for the Canelo/GGG winner (although, there is a good chance for a rematch from that matchup).
Given that a potential Jacobs-Canelo fight would take place in December at the earliest, next May at the latest, at least one fight would be necessary.

Given that a potential Jacobs-Canelo fight would take place in December at the earliest, next May at the latest, at least one fight would be necessary.

I mean, he will fight again, it's just that no one at MW could supplant him as the next most deserving opponent in that timeframe. He's pretty clearly a step ahead of any MW right now not name Golovkin or Canelo.

I mean, he will fight again, it's just that no one at MW could supplant him as the next most deserving opponent in that timeframe. He's pretty clearly a step ahead of any MW right now not name Golovkin or Canelo.
I agree, I don't doubt that Danny has the ability and credentials but there is the risk that he won't look forward and remain inactive for too long. Danny's profile has risen a lot after his last fight and I'd like to see him capitalise on it, whereas if he waits for one of the other top fighters to offer him a fight he will probably be waiting a long long time.

What about Eubank jr, have any discussions taken place there? I imagine the hype surrounding that fight would be enormous. Being the guy who knocked out Eubank would also give Jacobs quite a following.

We have. He wants a ton of money which is impossible given our guarantee. We might be willing to make a little less though and meet in the middle somewhere. He's in the discussion if he's realistic

We have. He wants a ton of money which is impossible given our guarantee. We might be willing to make a little less though and meet in the middle somewhere. He's in the discussion if he's realistic
That's great to hear that he is looking at all options. Is there any chance you could get the WBO to make the fight a mandatory? That might help sweeten the deal.

Appreciate that (and you're right) but we want to fight. With all these guys making excuses we want to stand out as the people looking for every fight. Not offering short money either (we obviously compromised with GGG). Would with BJS or possibly Eubank and then we want the winner of Canelo/GGG.

That's great to hear that he is looking at all options. Is there any chance you could get the WBO to make the fight a mandatory? That might help sweeten the deal.

Wouldn't want to pay that sanctioning fee anyways as money is tight already on the purse. We would travel though.

Wouldn't want to pay that sanctioning fee anyways as money is tight already on the purse. We would travel though.
Fair enough, I'm not sure how titles affect the sales of a fight but I figured it's the only way you are going to get Saunders in the ring.

You guys should probably stop setting up for disappointment now. Eubank is in the same class as BJS. He ain't gonna fight anybody with a pulse unless it's Saunders again.

Fair enough, I'm not sure how titles affect the sales of a fight but I figured it's the only way you are going to get Saunders in the ring.

We've tried multiple time to negotiate with him to no avail so you may be right. We're trying again. No movement today but we are working on something for tomorrow that should be ready around mid-day. Eubank has his number but he needs to come down about 200k to make it work (and we would be under our guarantee and travel)

You guys should probably stop setting up for disappointment now. Eubank is in the same class as BJS. He ain't gonna fight anybody with a pulse unless it's Saunders again.

Gotta try. People said we wouldn't get GGG either. Going to kill these fuckers phone, second phone, mom's phone, lol until we get something done.

To be honest the difference is that I would genuinely like to see a Jacobs-Eubank jr fight, it would have hype and emotion and everything you would want in a fight. If Saunders had no title, he would not even be getting a mention.

Gotta try. People said we wouldn't get GGG either. Going to kill these fuckers phone, second phone, mom's phone, lol until we get something done.
As a fan of boxing that's all I ask.

Back