Jacobs: I'd Fight Saunders in UK, But He Never Even Mentions Me

Well DJ could work his way up the WBO rankings and get that match. Why would BJS wanna cash out against DJ when he can do it against GGG for a lot more money and publicity?

Saunders just needs to make it to 2018 with his title and he's got a great chance of fighting the winner of GGG/Canelo, no way they would ever risk it against Jacobs whilst that's on the horizon for them

Saunders is worth of a WTF Silver Sort of International Regular Fish n'chips belt.

He won't take the Jacobs fight. Danny should get the winner (or loser) of GGG-Canelo. I doubt he makes more money at 168, even if he'd fit right in.

Last edited:
Jacobs should take the fact that he won the golovkin fight and jump the queue for a canelo one unless he wants to tea bag bjs literally halo style

Who says I don't want him to do that? Who says this? Let's clarify, then.

I hope he gets those fights. I hope so because he is fun to watch and can be in exciting fights. That matters to me. Where'd all that whining get a guy like Lara though, and countless others? Yuri frickin Foreman, that's where. I say keep training, keep fighting, but keep whining in this manner and he'll soon find it won't change anything.

That's all.

Erislandy Lara doesn't get fights because guys can afford to duck him due to the stigma around his style. If Lara stopped talking altogether he'd be even less of a factor (as it stands, he's still arguably the top man in his division and he still got the Canelo fight a few years back largely because he kept mentioning Canelo's name). Danny Jacobs, on the other hand, has over a 90% KO rate and arguably just beat the man who many considered the most ducked man in the sport (something which was achieved mostly through his camp constantly bringing up the fact that he was ducked, much in the same way to Jacobs and Lara). Keeping your name in the news any way possible is always better than not being mentioned at all.

Erislandy Lara doesn't get fights because guys can afford to duck him due to the stigma around his style. If Lara stopped talking altogether he'd be even less of a factor (as it stands, he's still arguably the top man in his division and he still got the Canelo fight a few years back largely because he kept mentioning Canelo's name). Danny Jacobs on the other hand has over a 90% KO rate and arguably just beat the man who many considered the most ducked man in the sport (something which was achieved mostly through his camp constantly bringing up the fact that he was ducked, much in the same way to Jacobs and Lara). Keeping your name in the news any way possible is always better than not being mentioned at all.

I see the Erislandy Lara situation the other way around, if he actually spoke less or at least backed up his words by fighting better opposition he would be even more or a factor. Since the Canelo fight he hasn't fought any of the top junior middleweights. He recently got called out by Jarrett Hurd's manager for trying to use the excuse of unification to avoid his mandatory, Demetrius Andrade. The poor matchmaking may not all be Lara's fault but fighting over-matched opponents while calling out the biggest names doesn't really raise anyone's eyebrows, defeating the highest level opposition possible says more than any words can and is especially important for a guy whose style is apparently not to everybody's taste.

As for Jacobs, I agree that he shouldn't remain quiet, he should be shaming certain fighters for ducking him (Saunders) but he should also be showing more respect to a guy who gave him a close fight (win or lose), by trashing the decision he is also trashing his opponent who did put up a good performance as they both did. By saying that he was basically robbed is insulting to his opponent, to the fans that all saw a close fight and to himself because he is discrediting his own achievement. We all saw what performance he put on and although only one fighter got the decision neither fighter was truly defeated, they should both hold their heads up for the fight they put on and show each other respect as is the usual custom when great fighters fight one another.

Contrast these attitudes with Golovkin, a guy who basically never speaks down about his opponent, never says that he will knockout his opponent, yet had done so many times in a row and now is in the biggest fight in boxing. Of course GGG isn't perfect but you have to give the guy credit for the way he has handled himself and let his performances do all the talking, if Lara and Jacobs did the same I think they would have much more support.

Last edited:
would be a perfect undercard / or rather co-main to the Canelo / GGG fight. As winner should get the winner of the Canelo / GGG fight

By saying that he was basically robbed is insulting to his opponent, to the fans that all saw a close fight and to himself because he is discrediting his own achievement.
This doesn't make any sense at all. Him saying he was robbed(I disagree) doesn't insult or discredit himself, nor GGG. It's just his belief that he was the rightful winner, and he wants a rematch.

He's chasing after anyone at MW with anything resembling a name. What else do you want him to do?

Exactly. Better then a stay busy fight.

I see the Erislandy Lara situation the other way around, if he actually spoke less or at least backed up his words by fighting better opposition he would be even more or a factor. Since the Canelo fight he hasn't fought any of the top junior middleweights. He recently got called out by Jarrett Hurd's manager for trying to use the excuse of unification to avoid his mandatory, Demetrius Andrade. The poor matchmaking may not all be Lara's fault but fighting over-matched opponents while calling out the biggest names doesn't really raise anyone's eyebrows, defeating the highest level opposition possible says more than any words can and is especially important for a guy whose style is apparently not to everybody's taste.

As for Jacobs, I agree that he shouldn't remain quiet, he should be shaming certain fighters for ducking him (Saunders) but he should also be showing more respect to a guy who gave him a close fight (win or lose), by trashing the decision he is also trashing his opponent who did put up a good performance as they both did. By saying that he was basically robbed is insulting to his opponent, to the fans that all saw a close fight and to himself because he is discrediting his own achievement. We all saw what performance he put on and although only one fighter got the decision neither fighter was truly defeated, they should both hold their heads up for the fight they put on and show each other respect as is the usual custom when great fighters fight one another.

Contrast these attitudes with Golovkin, a guy who basically never speaks down about his opponent, never says that he will knockout his opponent, yet had done so many times in a row and now is in the biggest fight in boxing. Of course GGG isn't perfect but you have to give the guy credit for the way he has handled himself and let his performances do all the talking, if Lara and Jacobs did the same I think they would have much more support.

Personally, I think neither Jacobs nor Golovkin are anywhere near disrepsecful in their conduct or comments when compared with the majority of prize fighters (and if they were, I really wouldn't care that much), but what about when Golovkin essentially dismisses his opponent's successes as him allowing them to have some success? Surely that would be considered disrespectful if we're going to hold prize fighters to such ridiculous standards of respect?

This doesn't make any sense at all. Him saying he was robbed(I disagree) doesn't insult or discredit himself, nor GGG. It's just his belief that he was the rightful winner, and he wants a rematch.
I was also expressing my opinion there and there is some evidence for it, like the fact that basically no one saw the fight as a wide victory for him and the fact that it seems to have been mentioned several times. It may not be his intention but you can see how it can look disrespectful.

Personally, I think neither Jacobs nor Golovkin are anywhere near disrepsecful in their conduct or comments when compared with the majority of prize fighters (and if they were, I really wouldn't care that much), but what about when Golovkin essentially dismisses his opponent's successes as him allowing them to have some success? Surely that would be considered disrespectful if we're going to hold prize fighters to such ridiculous standards of respect?

I'm not trying to hold anyone to any special standard. If there were two amateurs that had a close boxing match and one kept claiming after the fight that he clearly won and that the fight was basically fixed in his opponents favor, you would say that the one complaining was being a crybaby. It's different if he feels he won and says so, but it's different to claim that there was a fix.

That's a good point you mentioned about GGG, although it is hard to tell how much punches have affected him in the past so whether he was lying is a bit hard to tell but I'm sure he probably has played it down a few times.

Erislandy Lara doesn't get fights because guys can afford to duck him due to the stigma around his style. If Lara stopped talking altogether he'd be even less of a factor (as it stands, he's still arguably the top man in his division and he still got the Canelo fight a few years back largely because he kept mentioning Canelo's name). Danny Jacobs, on the other hand, has over a 90% KO rate and arguably just beat the man who many considered the most ducked man in the sport (something which was achieved mostly through his camp constantly bringing up the fact that he was ducked, much in the same way to Jacobs and Lara). Keeping your name in the news any way possible is always better than not being mentioned at all.

MMG4z.gif

I see the Erislandy Lara situation the other way around, if he actually spoke less or at least backed up his words by fighting better opposition he would be even more or a factor.
this whole debate is about him not being able to fight better opposition, because the top guys just refuse to fight him. what we're talking about here is whether or not his shit talking and complaining gets him any bigger fights, and it did vs canelo, but it didn't after that.

you make it sound as if it's a conscious decision on his part.

Lol. What's his natural weight class? You wouldn't know shit outside of what I mentioned on the board.
you and danny oughta be ashamed, cutting from 500 pound an all!

you and danny oughta be ashamed, cutting from 500 pound an all!

Haha. He's a troll but whatever. I just laugh. I don't want random fans or people who may not follow the sub forum to come in and read his bullshit and take it as the truth.

I doubt we can make this fight honestly. We've had multiple failed negotiations. I honestly have said I'd never negotiate with BJS again but Danny says to try again so be it. He's now willing to travel to make the fight so we'll see.

Excuse Danny's new shit talk. It's us, lol. Not his personality whatsoever but nobody wants to fight him. That's how you know he won the GGG fight (and a lot of people have told us that). We don't (and I know the fans don't) want some fucking bum he ko's in 3 rounds.

Haha. He's a troll but whatever. I just laugh. I don't want random fans or people who may not follow the sub forum to come in and read his bullshit and take it as the truth.

I doubt we can make this fight honestly. We've had multiple failed negotiations. I honestly have said I'd never negotiate with BJS again but Danny says to try again so be it. He's now willing to travel to make the fight so we'll see.

Excuse Danny's new shit talk. It's us, lol. Not his personality whatsoever but nobody wants to fight him. That's how you know he won the GGG fight (and a lot of people have told us that). We don't (and I know the fans don't) want some fucking bum he ko's in 3 rounds.
Danny's tight with Kurtisizde right? What happens if Anvantil beats BJS, would it be a no fight situation?

Back