Jacobs: I’m the most avoided fighter in the division

GGG is going to have to beat Canelo twice (assuming he even wins he first time), so that will tie him up for a while.

That's assuming it's a GGG vs Jacobs type fight.

If it's the usual Golovkin "beat down with bricks" type win, Canelo or his handlers might not be too eager to get in the ring again with him.

That shit takes years off your life nvm your career.

Last edited:
Maybe he shouldn't skip weigh ins and show up one weight class larger than everyone else.
This is such a stupid and whiny argument. Jacobs decided to forego the iBF crown, in no way was he beholden to their same day weigh in rule. You'd think Jacobs was on PEDs the way GGG fanboys keep harping on this non-issue, jesus.

Many are tipping Canelo based on the Jacobs fight but how do we know that Danny wouldn't beat the piss out of the Mexican? I tend to think he might.

I agree with you, i think Jacobs beats Canelo with his length, size, and athleticism.

I don't care if people scored it for GGG close. I will be the first to tell you it was a close fight. Same as Danny I said a long time ago I get not having the immediate rematch because of the Canelo payday. I've always maintained exactly what Danny said. We just want the winner, will fight Charlo next year, BJS is a huge pussy and on DL meh. only talked to him once so I won't pass judgement.

Are you close to the Charlo's? I know Errol is pretty tight with them. And do you think Jermall could take DL? Personally i think Jermall fighting Jacobs next year is a big mistake, he's not ready yet IMO.

Are you close to the Charlo's? I know Errol is pretty tight with them. And do you think Jermall could take DL? Personally i think Jermall fighting Jacobs next year is a big mistake on his part, he's not ready.

Very cool with them. I've know them for over 5 years. E is really tight with the, Same with Danny. I think Jermall could beat him but I could easily see him getting caught early. He isn't ready at all for Danny (I've watched them spar) but the pay day is what will entice him

Very cool with them. I've know them for over 5 years. E is really tight with the, Same with Danny. I think Jermall could beat him but I could easily see him getting caught early. He isn't ready at all for Danny (I've watched them spar) but the pay day is what will entice him

Why wouldn't he lay low until GGG and Danny move up? Both those guys are outgrowing MW, Jermall could own the division and make a lot more $ down the road.

Don't get me wrong, i love the spirit, but sounds like a bad long term business move

Why wouldn't he lay low until GGG and Danny move up? Both those guys are outgrowing MW, Jermall could own the division and make a lot more $ down the road.

Don't get me wrong, i love the spirit, but sounds like a bad long term business move

He wants the money now. A lot of guys are like that and don't think long term

This is such a stupid and whiny argument. Jacobs decided to forego the iBF crown, in no way was he beholden to their same day weigh in rule. You'd think Jacobs was on PEDs the way GGG fanboys keep harping on this non-issue, jesus.

The idea that a fighter should be forced to fight for a belt is ridiculous. If they don't want the belt, they shouldn't have to jump through the hoops to get it. If the other guy wants the belt, that's his business.

i'm a golovkin fan, don't associate me with that idiocy. no one except a couple of shits on this board thinks jacobs did anything wrong regarding weigh-ins.

The idea that a fighter should be forced to fight for a belt is ridiculous. If they don't want the belt, they shouldn't have to jump through the hoops to get it. If the other guy wants the belt, that's his business.

Exactly. Nobody stopped GGG from skipping the IBF weigh in.

Exactly. Nobody stopped GGG from skipping the IBF weigh in.

No way bro, I was running interference at the door. I cut off the door frame with my footwork and tazer. That's the only reason GGG weighed in for it ;-)

Is that Chavez Jr. fight still happening?

Good question, I thought the deal was made (and TBH it was a damn good risk / reward ratio for Jacobs).

Last edited:
What Jacobs offers is the guy thay nearly beat GGG. That's scary enough in itself for people not to want to fight him - especially if they'd make more money losing to GGG and or Canelo.

If Canelo beats GGG, Jacobs becomes the guy who broke GGG.

I just hope we see as many permutations of GGG Canelo Jacobs as possible in the next year or so - all such excellent fighters.

As an aside, is a rematch clause confirmed for GGG Canelo?

What about Andy Lee?
He's top 10 and doesn't have anything scheduled afaik...

Personally I think a Lemieux fight makes the most sense(although Chavez jr. is the easy money).

Disappointing that David refused it (if that's really the case). That's a good fight, and one that should happen sooner rather than later imo.

What about Andy Lee?
He's top 10 and doesn't have anything scheduled afaik...
His last fight was a prelim and he struggled with a nobody. Not sure if it makes sense for either party.. I'm an Andy Lee fan so I want to see him against a no-hoper next to see if he has anything left.

His last fight was a prelim and he struggled with a nobody. Not sure if it makes sense for either party.. I'm an Andy Lee fan so I want to see him against a no-hoper next to see if he has anything left.
Andy Lee is always in close fights though.

I'd rather see Lee than Chavez, really.

the man isn't wrong, he's the best fighter in the weight class next to ggg and is a super fucking tough fight, real shame when great fighters can't get the opponents they deserve

Hardly he fought GGG in his last fight... and if GGG wins against Alvarez, we could easily see a rematch.

Back