Jacob Volkmann says he's going to expose the UFC

Why am I not surprised? So many people I see talk about streaming are the same ones I see bitching about fighter pay. I had a feeling he would fall into that category.

Yes UFC shows for free on Sohu in China before on purpose to gain recognition (china is one potential mkt for them). I have bought PPV b4 when I was not working in SH or back in the U.S. Nice try buddy.

He hasn't bought a PPV, ever.

He cries about "fair pay" and doesn't even give $1 to the UFC or the fighters.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/54175045-post33.html

4) UFC is free to watch in China!! This is the best part for me. UFC is seeing China as a huge potential market, thus it has signed with one of the local internet service provider (like a Yahoo) to show all UFC events online for free. I dont miss a show, but the only draw back is the commentating is in Chinese, no Joe Rogan : (

Yes I have and ur dead wrong, sorry buddy..nice try lol. Even been to live event as well (posted about it b4).

He hasn't bought a PPV, ever.

He cries about "fair pay" and doesn't even give $1 to the UFC or the fighters.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/54175045-post33.html

4) UFC is free to watch in China!! This is the best part for me. UFC is seeing China as a huge potential market, thus it has signed with one of the local internet service provider (like a Yahoo) to show all UFC events online for free. I dont miss a show, but the only draw back is the commentating is in Chinese, no Joe Rogan : (

oh yeah, btw, UFC pay is still crap, thats why u see new threads, posts on this subject everyday. good luck convincing anyone otherwise..serious, good luck.

Yes UFC shows for free on Sohu in China before on purpose to gain recognition (china is one potential mkt for them). I have bought PPV b4 when I was not working in SH or back in the U.S. Nice try buddy.

I notice you used a subjective word "plenty" rather than answer. If the number was actually high you would use the real number. Vague figures such as plenty are only used when you want to make it sound like you have bought a lot without saying anything of substance.

oh yeah, btw, UFC pay is still crap, thats why u see new threads, posts on this subject everyday. good luck convincing anyone otherwise..serious, good luck.

Go tell all the fighters who say it's not, like Travis Browne. Then again what do the fighters know, Sherdoggers know better.

I notice you used a subjective word "plenty" rather than answer. If the number was actually high you would use the real number. Vague figures such as plenty are only used when you want to make it sound like you have bought a lot without saying anything of substance.

"I notice u used a subjective word "plenty..." ROFL, ur too funny..omg, love sherdog. I just answered you but you ur in denial...well, thats not my problem. Whenever Im back to the states, or in a country where they do not show UFC for free, I paid for them, simple as that. And i have been to live event with friends also. Ur reply is just too sad brah...oh "without substance"..ur post is without substance and you refuse to let it go...again, thats ur problem.

Go tell all the fighters who say it's not, like Travis Browne. Then again what do the fighters know, Sherdoggers know better.

Many of fighters been complaining about pay in the past and more are speaking out now.. but yeah, lets ignore all that.

Many of fighters been complaining about pay in the past and more are speaking out now.. but yeah, lets ignore all that.

the little arrow next to the quote button is multiquote, you can click that for each reply you are going to reply to, then when you hit reply, all the quotes magically appear in the post :) or you could just edit one post instead of posting 4 times in a row. double posting [or quadruple posting] is frowned upon.

also, have you paid for more or less than 10 PPVs?

the little arrow next to the quote button is multiquote, you can click that for each reply you are going to reply to, then when you hit reply, all the quotes magically appear in the post :) or you could just edit one post instead of posting 4 times in a row :) double posting [or quadruple posting] is frowned upon.

also, have you paid for more or less than 10 PPVs?

lol, how many PPV u paid in the past 12 month?

lol funny how everyone felt sorry for broke Fitch but is shitting on JV

I'm sorry, but Fitch is so much better than JV will ever be that he deserves ten times more money than him.

Oh noes...$45K in the hand at the lowest end of the spectrum paid for doing what he loves. How does he manage. $45K ain't all that bad in Australia and what I understand is it's even better in US cos the cost of living is cheaper.

Oh noes...$45K in the hand at the lowest end of the spectrum paid for doing what he loves. How does he manage. $45K ain't all that bad in Australia and what I understand is it's even better in US cos the cost of living is cheaper.

depends on which part of u.s though..im some parts, 45k pre tax is really not much.

I also love how disingenuous these guys are too.

Here are a few questions for the fighters that whine:

1. How much money did you make off of sponsors (being on international tv amplifies the sponsorship dollars)?

2. How many times were you contracted out to teach people MMA lessons or paid to make speeches at gyms (the UFC moniker increases that a lot)?

3. Why are you so bad with money that $45,000 a year is so horrible?

4. Do you have any idea what most people's health insurance policies look like?

EDIT to add:
5. How much would you earn with any of the other promoters?

lol, how many PPV u paid in the past 12 month?
just trying to bridge the gap between you and the other guy arguing. you seemingly refuse to say how many, and he feels you are stretching the truth when you imply thay you have bought "many".

I don't buy them and I also don't complain about fighter pay :)

Many? Less than 10.

And why would we ignore the fighters who defend the pay?

When guys who are near the top of their sport start complaining frequently then I'll pay attention. When people who aren't that good at their job complain about their pay, we should all know to ignore them.

I don't judge how fair pay is based on people who are easily replaceable. I judge it on the people who possess unique market skills. Sort of how I don't judge McDonald's pay based on the people who take my order.

Many? Less than 10.

When guys who are near the top of their sport start complaining frequently then I'll pay attention. When people who aren't that good at their job complain about their pay, we should all know to ignore them.

I don't judge how fair pay is based on people who are easily replaceable. I judge it on the people who possess unique market skills. Sort of how I don't judge McDonald's pay based on the people who take my order.

The real moment that we should start listening is when all of the new fighters start signing with a different company. Until then, the UFC is the highest paying gig out there.

Many? Less than 10.

And how many fighters has been on the rooster totally over the years?
So if less than 10 fighters in total complains... thats really low actually.

And how many fighters has been on the rooster totally over the years?
So if less than 10 fighters in total complains... thats really low actually.

Exactly.

Back