Jackie Chan is officially an old man

Frankly, I expected a bit more of this and a bit less of the surprisingly enthusiastic reactions that are on display.

Why? Movie has a 'Taken' vibe to it, and Taken was surprisingly awesome. It's also refreshing to see Jackie Chan going back to dramatic action flicks and not the goofball action flicks he's been starring in for the last 2 decades.

Why? Movie has a 'Taken' vibe to it, and Taken was surprisingly awesome. It's also refreshing to see Jackie Chan going back to dramatic action flicks and not the goodball action flicks he's been starring in for the last 2 decades.

I think it looks perfectly serviceable, but it also looks kind of like a poor man's version of Taken. Same concept, but not executed as well or with as big of a budget.

Maybe it will be awesome though. We'll see.

Jackie Chan vs the IRA I have seen it all now (ps. why are the IRA bombing London in 2017).

Deputy first minister Hennessy, lmao I wonder who that is supposed to be?

This guy does a great breakdown of why Jackie Chans makes best kung fu movies. Basically cause he is a perfectionist, a fucking boss, does his own stunts, and also red china throws its weight behind the production so they can get it right. When i was a kid Bruce Lee was cool but jackie just had that X factor.

This guy does a great breakdown of why Jackie Chans makes best kung fu movies. Basically cause he is a perfectionist, a fucking boss, does his own stunts, and also red china throws its weight behind the production so they can get it right. When i was a kid Bruce Lee was cool but jackie just had that X factor.

These two videos perfectly show how much of a difference good editing and choreography can make. The first video is the American version of The Protector. However, for the Hong Kong release, Jackie redid some of the movie to bring it up more to his usual standards:

American Version:

Hong Kong Version:

China.

This link should offer some insight. I think it's all overblown but some people really fucking hate the guy due to his actions lol.

China loves him. He gets flack in Hong Kong because he is very pro-PRC.

Could very well be prosthetic. Nonethelss, he wasn't exactly young when he did Rush Hour.

It also could be his lifestyle. Same reason the Nog brothers look so old; too many beatings.

General Tso has died,and his many children have retained the recipe for his godlike chicken,so i say fuck em,unless they can come up with something better,which is impossible

Orange chicken>general tso

Trump victory confirmed

Y'all might be right. Running a search on "Jackie Chan 2017" pulls up a lot of pics and he looks younger than in this film in nearly all of them.

My friend's a makeup artist in Hollywood and she told me aging a person is easy. She uses makeup and prosthetics.

Dam, Chan looked totally younger as Sulu in the new Star Trek movies.

It's not prosthetics, he's just old. And they're not using any makeup to try and make him look younger in this film.

On a side note, nothing's more badass than an old dude out for revenge. A young guy maybe could get over a tragedy because he's got his whole life ahead of him, but an old guy is closer to death and his best years are behind him so he fights like he has nothing to lose.

He also has a illegitimate daughter from an affair he had:

For shame Jackie, for shame.

Daughters are a blessing.

Well, not in China so I gather ; )

From reading the youtube comments, apparently the lady whom Jackie impregnated was, ahem, asked to abort the child - Jackie too busy being a Hollywood star to make a go with this chick - and she opted to keep it. Hence, Jackie washed his hands of her, paid her no mind, and she was raised essentially fatherless.

That's sad.

Still love Jackie though.

I wonder if he did any white bitches?

Yeah has a very Taken vibe to it. Is it just me or is it a thing for old actors to do action movies about an old badass who singlehandedly takes on a giant organization nowadays?

Yeah has a very Taken vibe to it. Is it just me or is it a thing for old actors to do action movies about an old badass who singlehandedly takes on a giant organization nowadays?

Because young action stars sucks now.
So it's the old lions doing legit action scenes/films over and over. The storyline have to cater for their age.

He looks a little better than the last time I saw him.

Carla-Esparza:-TUF-20-Finale-Fighter-Salaries--03.jpg

Her bikini bottom is so empty, there should be a little bit of bulge to it. Weird.

I've never understood the whole 'wow, _____ looks old' thing a lot of people do with celebrities.

People get older, if they're lucky. That's how it works. Time only goes one way.
Not if you're in the bulk.

Back