jacare vs weidman

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what did u guys think of this? ifind it hilarious that people hate weidman so much that they r shitting on him saying hes done weidman looked better than he ever had with his striking i think his problem is hes to jerky moves to much seems very nervous and doesnt keep his hands up

he gets himself tired by not relaxing with his striking now if he would mix it up with takedowns hed be in the top 3 for sure he seems to always only do 1 thing he either goes out balls out shooting singles or he goes out to strike only

Well it sounds like you are biased towards Chris and can't see him objectivity. Outside of his Anderson victories he hasn't done much.

Some good, some bad. Weidman does well when he's on the lead and pressuring his opponents, when he has to exchange in the open or he's the one who's getting forced back it tends to go badly. Also, questionable decision making during the fight along with poor clinch work. Weidman had no defence for the body punches and once Jacare figured that out he was able to use them to keep Weidman at range and start backing him up. And when he found out he could win the clinches as well it was game over for Weidman.

The clinch work was just painful to watch. Weidman kept going for the double collartie and failed each time in breaking Jacare's posture, and he just keeps holding on while eating knees & punches. He doesn't adjust his grip, put up a knee shield or do anything to defend, he just keeps holding onto the neck and trying to pull down from a position where he had poor leverage. You're never gonna pull a guy's head down when he's got his feet under him and his back straight in a strong stance unless he's a pencil neck dweeb.

I'd agree that Chris looked as good as ever, but all the limitations which he's shown in past fights are still present and new weaknesses have been exposed as well. Weidman was great at beating fighters he could back up with his pressure game & wrestling, but he struggles against fighters who physical or skilled enough to stand their ground or force him back.

I liked both fighters, I didn't watch the fight because ppv is expensive (yes $60 is expensive), jacare was the one I was leaning more towards to win this fight since he apparently comes to the gym I train at (before I joined it), i still like weidman though. I saw the highlights and from what I could see is he leaves himself open a little too much (weidman), and jacare just boxes with him basically. I actually liked seeing that boxing right there he used a few boxing tactics, jacare got more than a few body shots, and even made weidman open his body by throwing feints to get weidman to attack, and jacare just hit him in the body. Again I did not watch the whole fight I only watched the highlights. But hopefully jacare becomes champion.

Back