Jacare vs Weidman

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Can we finally get this fight?!

I've wanted to see this since Chris was champ. I know many want to see it too

weidman has a realy good wrestling game and should be able to avoid every takedown

Chris just beat the guy that beat Jacare, if Chris didn't take the fight before he def. Won't take it now.

Weidman will take the Khabib route, and ride his Kelvin win right to a title shot.

yeah, after seeing kelvin stuff something like 11 of 12 jacare's TDs I have doubts about jacare's chances against weidman and would likely pick chris. there's always the chance jacare could check weidman's vulnerable chin. not sure weidman can take some of the shots kelvin was able to take. very intriguing fight

I think people incorrectly believe The Chris would avoid Jacare on the ground. I am not of that same mind set.

It's definitely the fight to make for those two now, but I don't know if I want to see it. Weidman beat Gastelum in his last fight so he might be getting back on track, meanwhile Jacare hasn't looked all too impressive in his last fights. Yes he finished Brunson, Boetsch and and ancient Vitor Belfort, but he lost every fight to top 5 competition, even if twice only through split decision. His opponents never seemed to be in danger of getting finished in those fights. My hope is that Jacare will prove to be superior on the feet and manage to take Weidman out of it there, but I couldn't name a clear favorite in this match-up.

Is it just me or was Weidman ducking Jacare for a while?

Chris just beat the guy that beat Jacare, if Chris didn't take the fight before he def. Won't take it now.

Weidman will take the Khabib route, and ride his Kelvin win right to a title shot.
Just ? It was almost a year ago

Nah he’s gonna fight before a title shot, I’m almost positive of that

Weidman beats jacare and the excuses flow because i dont think weidman has ever been given credit for a win since Munoz.

With the way Jacare looked this past weekend, you can see he's getting really slow. The gas tank is highly questionable as well. With that being said, I say that Weidman probably beats him easily unless Jacare could KO him in the 1st. This is coming from a non-Weidman fan as well.

Jacare is a done deal unfortunately. That dudes been competing at a high level for a long time. Being a top bjj guy for that long puts a lot of miles on you. Unfortunately trt isnt an option for guys when they get that age anymore. Damn shame.

Jacare has 3 losses in his last 7, i get it...but let's be honest, the only bad one was Robert...a lot of people thought he won the Yoel fight, if not a draw at worst and there's was some debate with this fight he just had, which was really close and could've gone either way. He said he had a bad weight cut, and he showed all the symptoms of it.

Meanwhile, Weidman has been finished 3 times in a row before he beat Kelvin, and is 1-3 in his last four

Somehow, it's just a fact Weidman wins?

I actually think Jacare could win this. Weidman's chin is highly questionable at this point, he wouldn't be able to absorb the shots from Jacare the same way that Kelvin did. I predict Weidman gets clipped and dropped and finished on the ground via sub.

Chris isn't taking this fight though. He's being a bitch and holding out for a title shot even though he's 1-3 in his last 4. Personally I think Weidman/David Branch is the fight to make.

First round be good, after that they both gas and it becomes a sloppy boxing match. Chris by split decision if he ever takes the fight

Khabib beat Kelvin?

Retard, Khabib won his last 26 fights. He never lost a fight. Chris Wineman won his last 1 fight, and lost the 3 fights before that one.

You do the math.

You are a fucking Shertard.

Luke, Weidman, Jacare, Whitaker, Romero. Were the top MW's during Bisping's "reign", Sassy having exit.

Romero fought all of them. Whitaker fought 2, as did Weidman. 3 for Jacare and 3 for Luke, and he moves up.

Weidman/Jacare is one of the few new top-tier MW match-ups left. Almost all of these fights have been good. Needs to happen.

Back