Jacare Expresses Disappointment With UFC: 'They Failed Me'

Oh yeah I'm sure Bisping-Jacare would do huge numbers.

Jacare beat Vitor in his last fight. Before his loss against Romero (which many felt he won), he has won 8 straight. Guy should face the winner of Yoel/Bisping next.
A win over old man Belfort doesn't warrant a title shot. And regardless of what you think or anyone else does, Jacare LOST to Romero and that's how history will remember that fight. 8 fights in a row was impressive yes, but losing a close fight to Romero still erases that win streak.

New ownership has a clear preference for stand up ko artist I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mousasi KO's Weidman in impressive fashion regardless of Jacares fight result they will give winner Bisping Romero to Mousasi

this middleweight division is full of people whining for titleshots, but no one is fighting

Jacare, Romero beat you. He also has a win over Weidman. He's the next guy.

In bouts against the other three elite MWs of this generation (Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare), Yoel is 2-0.

Against the same competition, Jacare is 0-2. (As is Weidman, incidentally.)

I can definitely picture Boetsch ruining this party.

Romero deserves the fight more but jacare deserved it more than Dan Henderson

Romero got flagged for PEDS and served a suspension. I don't care if its a reduced suspension, the fact remains he was required to serve a suspension.

That automatically bumps you back in the line. Forgetting the fact that Jacare and Romero ended in a controversial split decision.

All that aside, picking a 'why not' fight against the number THIRTEENTH ranked middleweight was most definitely an embarrassment. There were a half dozen reasonable options. Any semblance of seeding and running this thing like a sport were officially stamped out that night.

Now everyone is interested in a money fight and its chaos rules.

I actually scored the fight for Jacare, but it was close and lack-lustre plus you have to reward who officially won I suppose.

But isn't that the fight Romero pissed hot for? If that's the case, especially how the fight played out, you can make a quasi-good argument that Souza deserves the shot more.

can you also admit how you are biased?
I remember when Romero almost ended the fight, when exactly did Jacare have Romero in any sort of danger?

In bouts against the other three elite MWs of this generation (Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare), Yoel is 2-0.

This is super wonky all around.

Lets open with Romero x Jacare was a controversial split decision - even the judges didn't all agree Romero won. So that isn't much to hang your hat on.

Then your 'elite MWs of this generation' makes no sense at all. Jacare hasn't had the opportunity to fight Weidman yet, and he arguably beat Romero.

You bring up that Jacare lost to Luke Rockhold in 2011 in StrikeForce - in a close 5 round decision.

You know what Romero was doing in StrikeForce in 2011? Getting knocked unconscious by a journeyman named Feijao.

can you also admit how you are biased?
I remember when Romero almost ended the fight, when exactly did Jacare have Romero in any sort of danger?

That was in round 1. I scored the next two rounds for Jacare (although I remember one of them being pretty uneventful).

Can you also admit how you have difficulty understanding the ten point must system? The fight is scored as three separate fights, Romero's spinning back-fist only pertains to the scoring of one of those fights (unless it's a 10-8 which it wasn't).

That was in round 1. I scored the next two rounds for Jacare (although I remember one of them being pretty uneventful).

Can you also admit how you have difficulty understanding the ten point must system? The fight is scored as three separate fights, Romero's spinning back-fist only pertains to the scoring of one of those fights (unless it's a 10-8 which it wasn't).

the number one scoring criteria of the ten point must system, according to big john mccarthy, is trying to finish the fight. when did jacare try to finish the fight?

it seems like you don't understand the ten point must system.

Since Bisping is out for a while they should do a Romero/Jacare rematch (the first one was basically a draw) right now and the winner can destroy Bisping in 6 months.

soulfulradiantgypsymoth.gif
Gegard fans act like this shit never happened lol.

Yeah, can't beat cheating lol

"I deserve to fight for the belt", Souza said. "Everyone knows and is tired of knowing that I am the most viable option for the UFC, both in the media and in the pay-per-view sale, and in everything. And everyone knows it was a disaster for Dan Henderson to fight with Bisping. They did not even show the number of pay-per-views they sold. It sure was a disaster. No one wanted to see that crap of a fight."

"They failed me, everybody knows that", Souza complained. "But I do not feel wronged. I have a good salary, I have a fight now to do. I was told that I should not have accepted this fight. But I'm what, a dancer? A dancer dances, a singer sings, and a fighter does what? Fight. I've already gone about eight months without fighting since I beat Belfort. I was going to fight in November against Rockhold, but he withdrew, he was modeling. So, this fight is over and thank god the UFC gave me this opportunity to keep me going."

Source: http://www.flocombat.com/article/51184-ronaldo-souza-talks-ufc-they-failed-me

If he doesn't feel wronged, why is he complaining?

Back