Jacare Expresses Disappointment With UFC: 'They Failed Me'

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"I deserve to fight for the belt", Souza said. "Everyone knows and is tired of knowing that I am the most viable option for the UFC, both in the media and in the pay-per-view sale, and in everything. And everyone knows it was a disaster for Dan Henderson to fight with Bisping. They did not even show the number of pay-per-views they sold. It sure was a disaster. No one wanted to see that crap of a fight."

"They failed me, everybody knows that", Souza complained. "But I do not feel wronged. I have a good salary, I have a fight now to do. I was told that I should not have accepted this fight. But I'm what, a dancer? A dancer dances, a singer sings, and a fighter does what? Fight. I've already gone about eight months without fighting since I beat Belfort. I was going to fight in November against Rockhold, but he withdrew, he was modeling. So, this fight is over and thank god the UFC gave me this opportunity to keep me going."

Source: http://www.flocombat.com/article/51184-ronaldo-souza-talks-ufc-they-failed-me

Romero deserves the fight more but jacare deserved it more than Dan Henderson

Somebody forgot to send him the memo about how this is not a sport, it is more like a freak show

Jacare is a G and is absolutely the #1 contender after Bisping and Yoel. I like Tim butt I have a feeling he is getting destroyed.

Jacare should be next after Romero.

He wont need to worry about the UFC after Boetch KO's him, gets a titleshot and then calls out Woodley.

Jacare is next in line for a title shot AFTER Nick Diaz, GSP, Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort and at last Romero.

Romero deserves the fight more but jacare deserved it more than Dan Henderson

I actually scored the fight for Jacare, but it was close and lack-lustre plus you have to reward who officially won I suppose.

But isn't that the fight Romero pissed hot for? If that's the case, especially how the fight played out, you can make a quasi-good argument that Souza deserves the shot more.

soulfulradiantgypsymoth.gif

WTF? I wouldn't argue if he got a title shot but he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights. Romero and Mousasi are ahead of him imo.

Jacare would make very quick work of Bisping, no doubt about it. Not sure if he deserves the title shot over Romero though, Romero having that split decision over him and all, no matter how much of a technicality one might consider it.

On another note, it's a sad state of affairs from a puristic point of view when one of the P4P best grapplers to ever exist on the planet doesn't draw viewers, even when his style of grappling is extremely dynamic and aggressive, with an aim to finish.

WTF? I wouldn't argue if he got a title shot but he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights. Romero and Mousasi are ahead of him imo.
I agree about Romero, but not sure about Mousasi.

Head-to-head records must mean something, or atleast they do to me, and Mousasi got raped by Jacare a few years back. I still feel like that's relevant in the current MW picture.

All 3 would slap the shit out of Bisping though.

"I deserve to fight for the belt", Souza said. "Everyone knows and is tired of knowing that I am the most viable option for the UFC, both in the media and in the pay-per-view sale, and in everything. And everyone knows it was a disaster for Dan Henderson to fight with Bisping. They did not even show the number of pay-per-views they sold. It sure was a disaster. No one wanted to see that crap of a fight."

"They failed me, everybody knows that", Souza complained. "But I do not feel wronged. I have a good salary, I have a fight now to do. I was told that I should not have accepted this fight. But I'm what, a dancer? A dancer dances, a singer sings, and a fighter does what? Fight. I've already gone about eight months without fighting since I beat Belfort. I was going to fight in November against Rockhold, but he withdrew, he was modeling. So, this fight is over and thank god the UFC gave me this opportunity to keep me going."

Source: http://www.flocombat.com/article/51184-ronaldo-souza-talks-ufc-they-failed-me
The only way to make that less readable on the white theme would be to use yellow or white font color.

jacare has been deserving a title shot since weidman beat silva. its crazy that he has been denied all these years.

I actually scored the fight for Jacare, but it was close and lack-lustre plus you have to reward who officially won I suppose.

But isn't that the fight Romero pissed hot for? If that's the case, especially how the fight played out, you can make a quasi-good argument that Souza deserves the shot more.
Romero pissed "hot" in an out of competition test after the Jacare fight. And his piss "hot" was concluded to be a tainted sample.

He destroyed Mousasi last time. And had essentially an even fight with Romero. That shouldn't count against him.

People forget quick, but many fans and media outlets scored the fight for Jacare when he fought Romero. He also dominated Mousasi recently.

He better quit bad mouthing the UFC or they're gonna make him fight camozzi again

He destroyed Mousasi last time. And had essentially an even fight with Romero. That shouldn't count against him.
Of course the Romeo fight should count against him. He LOST the fight.

Back