Jacare eats Weidman for breakfast

Weidman versus a massive LHW with no strikes allowed. What an awesome addition to this thread!

Excuses.

Are you going to bring the size difference when Weidman beat a natural WW in Maia?

Also, Weidman's biggest achievement in BJJ is to have survived Galvao. Are you going to dismiss that too?

1_Vinny_Magalhaes__VS_Chris_Weidman__ADCC_2009_Absolute_.gif

A submission lost from 4 years ago early in Wediman's training..... That sure is mighty relevant. Speaks more of how good his grappling is than otherwise.

Last edited:
Excuses.

Are you going to bring the size difference when Weidman beat a natural WW in Maia?

Also, Weidman's biggest achievement in BJJ is to have survived Galvao. Are you going to dismiss that too?

Weidman did survive Galvao with no strikes allowed. When he can strike, he KO's guys like Anderson Silva.

And Maia's a natural MW.

I think it would be competitive, but a tough fight for both guys. I think Weidman as he is now beats Vitor but Jacare would give him a challenge the nobody else in the division really possesses.

I agree, I think Jacare wins that fight. Honestly, Rockhold would not make it out of two rounds with the improved Jacare.
Jacare lost againt a Rockhold who only had 8 MMA fights (a little more than two years of fighting) and was coming off a near 2-year long layoff due to injury.

I think some people have too much of a tendency to automatically assume a guy coming off of a win has improved more than someone who just lost.

Brazilians fluffing brazilians....how odd.

What the fuck!? :eek:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/09/rockhold-vs-jacare-official-fightmetric.html

You think Jacare won that fight against Luke!? Oh my God....

4 out of 7 media outlets scored it for Jacare

MEDIA SCORES

MMAWeekly.com 48-47 Rockhold
Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com 48-47 Rockhold
FightMetric.com 48-47 Rockhold
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 47-48 Souza
Freddie DeFreitas
Sherdog.com 47-48 Souza
Ben Fowlkes
MMAFighting.com 47-49 Souza
MMAJunkie.com 46-49 Souza

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3012/Luke-Rockhold-vs-Ronaldo-Souza

I like this fight....i think that Jacare is the better grappler....but Chris can hang in there. Stand up I think is pretty even.

Could be anyone's fight....i favor Jacare slightly

i would love to see Weidman's wrestling vs. Jacare's BJJ. But i honestly doubt Chris would want anything to do with Jacare's ground game.

I'd consider Weidman the favorite but Jacare would stand a pretty good chance of victory.

This is my assessment as well. I'd need to see more from both fighters before I could just make a clear call but I think Jacare would be an interest match up for the champ nonetheless.

Dude, one he has his jaw locked on you, he's committed into not letting you free, and will find every way to punish or finish you...

Nice to see a Brazilian admitting Silva loses again to Wideman.

:D

Back