J G Wentworth

My mom used them against my advice and got ripped off. But she knew what she was getting into.

She used then to break a $75,000 annuity to get a lump sum for it. She was so desperate for the cash that she was willing to give JG about $39,000 of the amount as the compounded interest (their "fee") to collect her payments over the following ten years.

So they take over half? That's how they can afford the commercials. Why was she that desperate? Couldn't she get a bank loan using the annuity as security?

So they take over half? That's how they can afford the commercials. Why was she that desperate? Couldn't she get a bank loan using the annuity as security?
My mom has life full of poor financial decisions (among other things) I tried my best to keep her from doing it.

But yeah, the compound interest on 9.5 years worth of monthly payments added up to $39,000. I don't remember what the rate was, but they had no reservations about taking it all up front.

gazzo_rocky.jpg

My mom has life full of poor financial decisions (among other things) I tried my best to keep her from doing it.

But yeah, the compound interest on 9.5 years worth of monthly payments added up to $39,000. I don't remember what the rate was, but they had no reservations about taking it all up front.

According to a mortgage interest calculator, $36,000 at 17% on a 10 year loan would cost $75,000. I guess that's lower than many credit cards.

they used to always play this shit back then the local channels too

HLiGrF8.gif

Whats even worse then that at least in SoCal is the Kars-4-kids

LMFAO @ this though

I prefer little payday when I'm feeling short.

not as GOAT as Larry H. Parker lawyer commercials in SoCal

'Larry H. Parker won me $5.2M!" yet the person has three missing teeth hahaha

Back