Izzy Adesanya Says He's Getting Booked Against Elias Theodorou

I was thinking he was talking about Shoeface, but then I read he's only 27. It could be quite a few fighters. Here's a list of current middleweights who have won TUF:

Cezar Mutante (age 33)
Elias Theodorou (age 29)
Andrew Sanchez (age 29)
Antonio Shoeface (age 27)

So Mutante looks like the most likely.

...or he could always be trolling and mean Bisping, Rashad, or Kelvin
Mutante is already booked. Talking about a guy who looks old and like Fabio Maldonado, he's obviously referring to Shoeface.

lol elias won't be able to point kick his way to a win in that one.

it's a shame because i think elias would be top 10 if he didn't punch like a girl, he has good kicks, extremely good cardio, good movement, but shields level hands.

only other middleweight TUF winner that makes sense would be cezar ferreira? but he's already got a fight so it must be elias.
Elias is a bum. His skills are rudimentary.

I’d like to see him dance around borrachina or whatever he changed his name to

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...old-and-wrinkly-tuf-winner-in-next-ufc-outing

“I don’t know… I think they said he’s an Ultimate Fighter winner...I don’t know. He looks like Fabio, old and wrinkly, but I can’t remember his name. That was one of the names that was mentioned.”

“The guy who they said won The Ultimate Fighter, that’s one of them. I wish I could remember his name now. We’ll see. I’ve never had the opportunity to be catered to by any company ever. I’ll take whoever, it’s all easy fights anyway. Probably at the end of this year I will be top 10. Once they see the next fight they’re going to say, ‘We can’t keep feeding him guys that aren’t on his level’.

Alright, maybe he didn't actually say his name, but that's clearly Theodorou, right? Personally, I've grown tired of Elias inside and outside of the cage, so I'm pretty stoked to see him get lit up some time soon.
While I loved his fight, I don't like him talking trash like that.
You fought a scrub. Stop talking like the whole roster are not on your level. You didn't even taste the higher level.

yes, you are doing great, but stay humble.

While I loved his fight, I don't like him talking trash like that.
You fought a scrub. Stop talking like the whole roster are not on your level. You didn't even taste the higher level.

yes, you are doing great, but stay humble.
Why are typing this as if you are personally speaking to him.

This is a recipe for disaster for Adesanyas hype train. Match him up with an underrated, disliked, boring fighter who could very well beat him.
What is the UFC thinking?

Like Jake Shields, Theodorou makes all of his opponents look bad.

Elias will out grapple him but I think his focus is on male ring card guy now

Most exciting vs most boring where most boring has basically no chance. Hell yes.

This is a recipe for disaster for Adesanyas hype train. Match him up with an underrated, disliked, boring fighter who could very well beat him.
Exactly

Why have him face a guy who can only win a fight in the most boring way ?!? Dude is literally gonna spam kicks and try to hold him against the fence

I want a hype train crash but UFC done made a matchup I’ll have to root for him in. Smart matchmaking

Problem is he does have grappling in his repertoire and it's boring just like his standup.
Yep, he’s got the ability and cardio to stall out Israel for 3 rounds on the cage or mat.

I hope not but fear so

Elias is a retired fighter, I have no clue why he is calling him out. He is done with fighting, he has a new job now.

Really stupid matchup, so by UFC standards I guess it makes perfect sense.

Bad match making from the UFC

Even if Izzy wins against Elias it will certainly involve a fuck ton of stalling which will diminish his hype

The man still needs grappling work you need to be careful with matchups right now

Yep, he’s got the ability and cardio to stall out Israel for 3 rounds on the cage or mat.

I hope not but fear so
Same. Israel was taken down a lot easier than I would have hoped by an overmatched opponent but at least he showed the ability to scramble and get back to his feet. They seem to be fast tracking him but this could be to much to soon.

I was thinking he was talking about Shoeface, but then I read he's only 27. It could be quite a few fighters. Here's a list of current middleweights who have won TUF:

Cezar Mutante (age 33)
Elias Theodorou (age 29)
Andrew Sanchez (age 29)
Antonio Shoeface (age 27)

So Mutante looks like the most likely.

...or he could always be trolling and mean Bisping, Rashad, or Kelvin

Shoeface is facing Boetsch in Glendale, Arizona.

It's definitely Theodorou. "Old and wrinkly" was weird though, could be Dan Kelly, if he had won TUF...

So neither of you have the slightest idea who Fabio is, then? News from the 90s: Fabio is a male model known for his jawline and long hair, as is *gasp* Elias Theodorou. And if you're going to compare someone to a model, you're going to say he's an older, uglier version of said model. It's known as an insult.
I did a Google image search and yes I recognize him. I had no idea that Izzy was talking about him though. His comments and this thread went right over my head

There are boring grapplers, and pointing out that there are boring grapplers, does not make anyone a casual.

No need to be such an elitist blowhard.

They are not boring to people that truly love the sport.

Nothing blowhard about it. It's reality that you are a casual fan if you don't appreciate all important aspects of fighting.

Back