I've never seen A Sakurai fight. Any suggestions?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Despite being an MMA fan for over a decade now, I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen Hayato Sakurai fight. I have his fights against Trigg and Aoki on my to watch list. What are some other Sakurai fights that you suggest I watch?

His KO of Mac Danzig was sweet.

He straight up clobbered mac danzig. Also watch his fight with yves edwards.

Watch his fight with Jens pulver. And while I can't remember it well, i think the phil baroni fight was good too

That was fucking brutal. Thanks for the vid!

I just finished watching him clobber Trigg too:

nZMDv7.gif

wjYPG1.gif

He straight up clobbered mac danzig. Also watch his fight with yves edwards.

These two are next

Just don't watch his fight with Matt Hughes. It's pretty sad, but Hughes was a beast back in the day with crazy top game. "Mach" did rock Hughes with a right hand that put him straight on his butt, but he ran in, Matt scooped him up, and slammed him to the grand.

Holy shit....the way his head was bobbling on the way down.

His KO of Mac Danzig was sweet.

Just watched the fight and It was fun overall: Sakurai had some Very solid leg kicks, nice bursts on the feet where he looked like he'd kill an elephant, a nice judo hip toss, a surprisingly effective jab and this finish:

FirmDenseIcefish.gif

I also think I saw Matt Humes (Mighty mouse's coach) in his corner? Damn, Matt has been around forever.

At one time, he was generally accepted as P4P #1.

He was at one time generally accepted as the best MMA had to offer.

Watch all of his fights. He's had hang ups, and he won't go down as the best ever in any given division.

But, at one time, he was generally regarded as the best. And when that man was at his best, he was a pleasure to watch.

Back