I've heard the life in Canada is boring..

You forgot the part where Toronto's gun/gang violence has become worse than NYC.

Yea that part is true too. But it’s mostly gangbangers killing each other.

How many normal working people do you know who are victimized?

I have family members who have been shot but they are idiots who desperately went looking for trouble.

Toronto is a great multicultural city where people of any colour can party with and love who they want.

There are festivals and parades and many bars.

Come visit.

This is the most woke shit I’ve ever read here.

giphy.gif

7045899727_167ab41c5e.jpg

I used to live in Vancouver. I loved it.
Canada is baller.

@Clippy always seems to find something to do

Yea that part is true too. But it’s mostly gangbangers killing each other.

How many normal working people do you know who are victimized?

I have family members who have been shot but they are idiots who desperately went looking for trouble.

Me for one. It's was over 20 years ago but I was victim of a home invasion. My buddy and I were separated and had guns pointed at our heads.

Fucking called the cops afterwards and all they did was check out my sweet stereo and leave. Fuckers didn't really care.

And those were better days in Toronto than now.

A lot of it is gang on gang violence but they are getting more brazen by the day. We've had random shootings in parks killing kids, guys firing indiscriminately inside packed malls. Shit is getting bad in Toronto.

Somebody hasn't read @Clippy's threads about his exciting life of nude sunbathing, petting stray pussy, avoiding homeless drunks, hauling bricks, boiling maple sap, stealing electricity, finding plastic containers, getting lost in a cemetery, sticking gummi bears to vehicle interiors, losing and finding an energy bar, eating bananas, overdosing on fried chicken or any of the other many exciting adventures he has in Canada

Somebody hasn't read @Clippy's threads about his exciting life of nude sunbathing, petting stray pussy, avoiding homeless drunks, hauling bricks, boiling maple sap, stealing electricity, finding plastic containers, getting lost in a cemetery, sticking gummi bears to vehicle interiors, losing and finding an energy bar, eating bananas, overdosing on fried chicken or any of the other many exciting adventures he has in Canada
you forgot his story about a bridge.

Only if you're watching GSP fight

Lol I’ll never forget the Toronto crowd booing him when he fought Shields.

That had to have been the lowest point of his crowd approval rating.

Ottawa is a nice place to visit in the summer. Our downtown market is pretty awesome, lot's of great restaurants and bars, and landmarks. it's a beautiful place. You definitely want to check out Quebec City, and it's not far from Ottawa. Drive right past Montreal though, I fucking hate that place. The roadways are as busted as teeth of its natives. Quebec City is beautiful in contrast, at least the old city. I find the people very kind too, as opposed to Mtl ,where seemingly every pepsi has a giant chip on their shoulder.

If you're looking for a good party town, you have to go to St John's Newfoundland (east coast). You'll never find nicer people in one area. It feels like another world. There's a lot to check out too. Only go in the summer though, and no later than mid August. Their winters are like being on an episode of Deadliest Catch.

Me for one. It's was over 20 years ago but I was victim of a home invasion. My buddy and I were separated and had guns pointed at our heads.

Fucking called the cops afterwards and all they did was check out my sweet stereo and leave. Fuckers didn't really care.

And those were better days in Toronto than now.

A lot of it is gang on gang violence but they are getting more brazen by the day. We've had random shootings in parks killing kids, guys firing indiscriminately inside packed malls. Shit is getting bad in Toronto.

Jesus Christ that would give me PTSD

I've lived in Canada all my life (42 years). I've traveled all over the east side of the country. Unfortunately I've never been west. That said I can unequivocally say that Montreal is easily the worse place I've visited in Canada. Quebec City is the place to be in Quebec. It's a fun, beautifully built city with history and elegance.

Damn dude, I'm not angry at all. It would just appear I have a different perspective than you.
m'eh.

I too have lived in Canada all my 50 years and been all over the country. Great country from east to west. Ya I like Quebec city more than Montreal now, but Montreal is still awesome particularly if you are into summer festivals. Vancouver is awesome too and not dirty unless you want to go to certain areas. Toronto is great in a Little New York type of way with theatre, restaurant, night life choices all like NYC but just on a smaller scale.

m'eh.

I too have lived in Canada all my 50 years and been all over the country. Great country from east to west. Ya I like Quebec city more than Montreal now, but Montreal is still awesome particularly if you are into summer festivals. Vancouver is awesome too and not dirty unless you want to go to certain areas. Toronto is great in a Little New York type of way with theatre, restaurant, night life choices all like NYC but just on a smaller scale.
Festivals are everywhere. It's the vibe and the people that make a city, not a festival.

Again it just boils down to different perspectives.

Jesus Christ that would give me PTSD
It gave me PTSD for a long time. I had to live with curtains closed and I wouldn't answer my door unless I knew you were coming. Eventually I just couldn't live like that anymore and had to face my fears and learn to live freely again.

Life is boring if you're a boring person. There's fun to be had everywhere.

Festivals are everywhere. It's the vibe and the people that make a city, not a festival.

Again it just boils down to different perspectives.
Agreed and that is why i said if you are into festivals. There is a reason Montreal's Festivals are some of the most popular and well intended in N.America and that is because many people love the people and the vibe and the city. That part is undeniable.

And yes certainly everyone will have their own perspective and that is ok. I just want people to understand yours would be in the small minority (and that is OK) as Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto and other Canadian cities that you seem to see so negatively are often ranked amongst the top liveable cities in the world.

Agreed and that is why i said if you are into festivals. There is a reason Montreal's Festivals are some of the most popular and well intended in N.America and that is because many people love the people and the vibe and the city. That part is undeniable.

And yes certainly everyone will have their own perspective and that is ok. I just want people to understand yours would be in the small minority (and that is OK) as Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto and other Canadian cities that you seem to see so negatively are often ranked amongst the top liveable cities in the world.
What cities do I see so negatively? I'm pretty sure it's just Montreal and yes you're right, (that's ok). I spoke up on the violence in Toronto because I have lived through it however I still love the city and I've never been west of Ontario so I haven't even made one positive or negative comment on anything west however I hear it's beautiful and the people are mostly great. The only gripe I could make of the west from what I've heard it that the cost of living is very high.

Edit - I will admit I was a bit dramatic and even insulting with my description of Montreal. I'm sure it's nice but my experiences have been very frustrating in that city.

Last edited:
I would only ever consider living in Montreal or Quebec City.
I've never been to Vancouver though so cannot comment on that city. Don't like any of the others though.

Back