"I've got wood to burn." - Machida (He's training with Vitor's old coach)

”He has already trained Belfort, but I think that every fight is unique,” Machida explained to MMA Fighting. “Every training process is a process. That gives me an advantage in a technical aspect, of course, but a fight is way more than the technical part. A fight involves the emotion, the strategy of combat. There are many factors connected to a fight. The fact that he has known Vitor in the past is only one of them.”

“This is a fight that could have happened in the past, but hasn’t. I have a lot of respect not only for the fighter, but the man Vitor Belfort. I think he has done a lot for the sport, and we all have to respect him. I mean, what’s in the past is in the past. Moments like those are part of any athlete’s career.”

28167803_866382296875493_5824487669312258048_n.jpg

The fight will mark the end of Belfort’s career, but Machida has no plans on stopping just yet. In fact, he still has his eye on a UFC belt.

”I feel well, I don’t think about stopping now,” he said. “I always say I still have a lot of wood to burn. I’m happy with my return and motivated for the next challenges. My goal is to put on a good fight and climb the ranking to earn another shot at the title again. I know that I still have fights to fight before I get there, but my focus is one challenge at a time.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/3/12/...ning-with-vitor-belforts-former-coach-ufc-224

This fight needed to happen back in 2012, but I'll still take it. Lyoto is my favorite and this is going to be a very fun fight. Great fight for Vitor to end his career on.
I prefer he retire after this one. I believe he said he wanted bisping because he and bisping may retire soon. So machida saw the light for a moment lol. He's slowed down I just want him to hang it up. Anders was a great win to go out on. Gave another undefeated fighter his first loss. Had an amazing career.

Machida looks like a computer geek with that picture, with his sunken jaws and watch

Back