Ive figured it out- trust me and come in

people played baseball, basketball, and football as kids so they like to watch it. And the only people that like to watch soccer and hockey played it. But the vast majority of people didnt go through years of martial arts so they watch the sport only as spectacle- not to appreciate fighters like mighty mouse, mayweather or dom cruise. I rarely figure things out but this time i did.
halfbaked-boo.gif

Holy shit TS. I'm glad I got in here.

Will spread your teachings!

I played tennis as a kid, still like tennis but can't stand Rafael Nadal since he's a blatant PED cheat.
I also like MMA, have never really trained, and love Maia even though i've never done BJJ.

WHAT NOW??
But, you WANT to do bjj..... Stop being a pussy - go do it.

I understand your point but I think being a fight sports fan is different than being a fan of other sports. Because fighting is hardwired into the human experience I think we identify with people trying to kill each other on a primal level that makes us "care" about fight sports as much as the other sports you mentioned. Along with that almost everyone has been in some sort of scrap even just horsing around with one's brothers or cousins. And absolutely eVeryone has thought "I'd like to punch that f-ckers lights out right now." So although i understand your point I disagree..

people played baseball, basketball, and football as kids so they like to watch it. And the only people that like to watch soccer and hockey played it. But the vast majority of people didnt go through years of martial arts so they watch the sport only as spectacle- not to appreciate fighters like mighty mouse, mayweather or dom cruise. I rarely figure things out but this time i did.

- Kenny Florian

Somehow, I really like this thread.

10/10

I think what ts is saying is that he was beat up as a kid and now enjoys other people getting beat up.

I feel like lots of hockey fans never played hockey actually

Back