I've decided survival games are a cancer that needs to die

Nah battle royale games aren't my cup of tea either, but I'm not talking about them
So who looted you and what did you lose?

We're your emotional support hotline today, I guess.

The Sims has been making gamers monitor hunger, sleep and tons of other vitals that drop constantly over time and we didn't tear our eyes out over it or classify it as a "Survival" game because all our characters owned a house

<Y2JSmirk>

Identical gameplay mechanics. Degrading characters over time

Basically TS is stressed about the concept of countdown timers in video games, not the Survival genre itself

Depends on the game. I had a ton of fun in Rust and Day Z. Escape From Tarkov is addiciting as hell.

I have The Long Dark and The Forest, havent played in ages, because theyre really not for me(or weren’t when I purchased a year or two ago).

The Sims has been making gamers monitor hunger, sleep and tons of other vitals that drop constantly over time and we didn't tear our eyes out over it or classify it as a "Survival" game because all our characters owned a house

<Y2JSmirk>

Identical gameplay mechanics. Degrading characters over time

Basically TS is stressed about the concept of countdown timers in video games, not the Survival genre itself
Ha! So that's what The Sims is about. Learn something new every day.

Well, not really, but I did today.
Depends on the game. I had a ton of fun in Rust and Day Z. Escape From Tarkov is addiciting as hell.

I have The Long Dark and The Forest, havent played in ages, because theyre really not for me(or weren’t when I purchased a year or two ago).
The Forest is MP? I remember Agony talking about it. I thought it was SP.

Ha! So that's what The Sims is about. Learn something new every day.

Well, not really, but I did today.

The Forest is MP? I remember Agony talking about it. I thought it was SP.
Yep, I think you can have a 4man co-op going on.

This genre is my JAM.
I've got all the survival full-loot games (Ark, Rust, 7 Days to Die, DayZ, ARMA Exile, etc.) because they offer a type of adrenaline rush that's not available anywhere else. Knowing you can lose gear that took you hours if not days to get, makes every decision you make that much more intense.

I play GTA Online sometimes and can't help but be bored at the fact that I can't lose anything. Dying means nothing and there's no thrill to anything. Don't wanna grind to get the vehicle/gear? Pay for a gameshark and buy whatever you want.

In these survival games, there are no pay to win elements. That would defeat the purpose of the extreme difficulty in these games. Point me to one survival game with a p2w system, I doubt they'll survive (pun intended) longer than a month. The only people buying these survival games are hardcore gamers that would never support a p2w system. This ain't your grandma's Candy Crush.
Unfortunately, these games do take a lot of time and patience.
If you don't have either, then there's better games out there for you.

Dying Light was fun as hell once you had the right abilities.

Dying Light was fun as hell once you had the right abilities.

I loved that game near the beginning, when you had a wrench to try to fight zombies. It had a cool realistic feel to it. Later in the game I turned into fuckin' Spiderman and had an electric sword....still cool, but I didn't enjoy it like I did at the beginning.

I loved that game near the beginning, when you had a wrench to try to fight zombies. It had a cool realistic feel to it. Later in the game I turned into fuckin' Spiderman and had an electric sword....still cool, but I didn't enjoy it like I did at the beginning.

The grappling hook was outstanding. I might re-download the game.

I've played h1z1, fortnite, and pubg and I completely agree. it's just the flavor of the month and it's easier for devs to make these little sandbox survival games. think it's lazy imo

actually I'm mostly upset they turned my beloved MGS franchise into garbage.

As far as I'm concerned, MGS was ended 10 years ago.

When MGS5 was announced, I had a gut feeling to not get excited for it. And I was 100% correct.

Disagree but I will say survival games produce the absolute worst player base. Rust is by fucking far the most toxic group of players on any game.

Back