I've become a "casual"...

I think lost fans are hardcore until they catch up on the history of the sport. There just isn't enough content to keep us going between events either imo

I'm excluding the tmz shit that masquerades as MMA Media

What a load of nonsense

And that's what copping out is.

Saying something innocuously dismissive and secretly going back to your fap station to cope...
Like McGregor, he had his home country behind him, buying PPVs so he was promoted a lot. He also conducted himself very well.

I used to dislike GSPs tactics, mostly because I was a Silva fan but I've come around to the idea that once you're on top, it's everyone else's job to figure you out.

I don't for one second think he wasn't juicing but they all were.

As for the picking and choosing of fights by champions, I think that's part of a bigger negotiating tactic to squeeze the most cash out of the UFC with the least amount of risk.

Bisping was a ufc trooper for years and deserves what he can get in the twilight of his career.

Mightymouse, I feel sorry for. Reebok killed his Microsoft sponsorship when he was relying heavily on it, due to not getting ppv points, unlike other champs.

Overall, the whole "defend your belt" argument is tired at this point. They don't owe you anything at the end of the day. I would go as far to say that it's an even better opportunity to build up the rest of the roster. With champs sitting out, fighters have more airtime. Most aren't smart enough to take advantage.

Just my 2c

Well said

People waste too much time just lingering and lingering instead of enjoying

Nope. I've been a casual for maybe 4 years now, after having been a hardcore fan for the prior 10 years before that. At the zenith I was watching every UFC event, every Strikeforce and nationally viewable other event, and even regional MMA. Then I stopped regional MMA. Then it was just UFC and Strikeforce, and so on and so forth.

Truth be told, I'm more excited about MMA and enjoy it more that I'm a casual again.

The only upcoming fights that I care about are Werdum vs. Overreem, Romero vs. Whittaker and Cormier vs. Jones. If all 3 of those fights took place in one event, then it would be a great card to watch.

But mostly, yeah, I don't give a fuck about MMA anymore. Barely any interesting fights.

Having mid card fighters headlining cards kills it for me. They used to have less fight cards throughout the year, so they were mostly stacked throughout the whole card. They really need to cut back on the number of shows to make the whole show worth watching

You are not alone. I became a fan around 04-05 and was obsessed.... That is until the Brock era. Mma turned into a freak show, GSP became super boring, wasn't a fan of Anderson's counter fighting style. I kind of "quit" for a few years before coming back like 2ish years ago only really following from a distance.

Conor has brought that freak show back and now everyone wants their money fight instead of fighting the best. Belts have become empty symbols where popular fighters are gifted shots while everyone else waits in line.

When the sport has no respect for itself, it's a chore to stay interested.

The PRIDE era, and the era immediately after the UFC and PRIDE merger, were the most exciting for me. I don't remember when it happened, but I find myself knowing more about that era than anything happening in the last couple of years.

I don't mind it, really. I just became a fan during a certain era, and we can't really go back to that time. I still keep a tab on things due to sheer inertia... and I guess because I still do like MMA, martial arts, and it's a chance to see great fighting.

The PRIDE era, and the era immediately after the UFC and PRIDE merger, were the most exciting for me. I don't remember when it happened, but I find myself knowing more about that era than anything happening in the last couple of years.

I don't mind it, really. I just became a fan during a certain era, and we can't really go back to that time. I still keep a tab on things due to sheer inertia... and I guess because I still do like MMA, martial arts, and it's a chance to see great fighting.

Remember the crazy feeling of seeing Rampage, Shogun, Cro Cop, etc. step into the octagon for the first time? Fuck those were great times as an MMA fan!

And that's what copping out is.

Saying something innocuously dismissive and secretly going back to your fap station to cope...

If you say so. You're the one making remarks at other posters who were making negative comments about Conor and then you denied doing so. Which in my eyes is a cop out. Whatever I do now doesn't matter. You copped out in the 1st place.

Run along now

<DisgustingHHH>

I became a casual a couple of years ago. I didn't even know there was a UFC event last Sunday, until "UFC fighter has explosive diarrhea in cage" popped up in my news feed.

I stream the big fights and marvel at the number of names of fighters on the card who I've never heard of. I shake my head at the ever-growing list of dethroned legends. All of the bars that used to show UFC events don't show them anymore...and I haven't bothered searching for bars that do.

I've become a casual.

Either the sport has passed me by or I've outgrown the sport. All I know is that my interest is waning by leaps and bounds.

Am I alone?

Nope. I think there needs to be a new term, as I equate casuals with WWE fans that aren't overly familiar with MMA. They follow Conor, Ronda and maybe a couple champs , but largely don't know the rest of the talent.

Personally I just am no longer overly excited about cards because there isn't much depth beyond the top two bouts lately.

If you say so. You're the one making remarks at other posters who were making negative comments about Conor and then you denied doing so. Which in my eyes is a cop out. Whatever I do now doesn't matter. You copped out in the 1st place.

Run along now

<DisgustingHHH>

Guy

You misinterpreted my post then proceeded to run with it. You were stopped in your tracks and now you're upset.

Impossible to talk logic of you can't acknowledge your faux pas.

Guy

You misinterpreted my post then proceeded to run with it. You were stopped in your tracks and now you're upset.

Impossible to talk logic of you can't acknowledge your faux pas.
<DisgustingHHH>

Back