Ivanka Trump acting like she is Secretary of State.

She is going to be the first female president of the united states in the near future. She may as well get all the experience while she can.

Lots of american presidents have appointed relatives to important roles. Look at JFK and Robert...

Which was extremely controversial and actually sparked the passing of anti-nepotism legislation.

Which was extremely controversial and actually sparked the passing of anti-nepotism legislation.

It still occurs regularly with poisitions such as diplomatic appointments.

That being said I recognise Ivanka is probably one of the least qualified people in history.

Nuttin' but the bestest fer me!

trump6n-17-web.jpg
Wasn’t there something about fraud with this. And Trump has to pay restitution.

It still occurs regularly with poisitions such as diplomatic appointments.

That being said I recognise Ivanka is probably one of the least qualified people in history.

Trump's stated legal position appears to be that the nepotism laws don't apply to him because Ivanka and Jared are "volunteers" and not paid employees.

One was a legal appointment following constitutional procedures, the other was an extra legal installment of family by a wannabe dictator.

Grow up. You guys voted him in, what did you expect was going to happen?

Trump's stated legal position appears to be that the nepotism laws don't apply to him because Ivanka and Jared are "volunteers" and not paid employees.

My point is that nepotism is a common symptom of every US government. Of course Trumps is more blatant and surreal (again, what did they expect when they voted him in?), but if you really have a shit about it then it goes a lot deeper than Ivanka and the guy from Super Bad.

Actually I think the electoral college should go, probably never happen.

My point is that nepotism is a common symptom of every US government. Of course Trumps is more blatant and surreal (again, what did they expect when they voted him in?), but if you really have a shit about it then it goes a lot deeper than Ivanka and the guy from Super Bad.

Sure, Americans love their political dynasties, but Trump is considerably worse than their usual low standards.
That's the problem with Ivanka's role in any North Korean engagement. He's skirting the legislation by having her role only as "advisor" and a "volunteer", but she still appears to be acting as an American representative in a crucial role which she is eminently unqualified for. Even more so than after she stood in for Trump at the G20 and the moderator of the Women's Entrepreneurship panel asked her, "“Whom are you representing?”, “Your father as the president of the United States, the American people, or your business?”.
The answer obviously being all three, despite the clear conflict of interests.

Quit trolling. You are one of the best posters in the boxing forum. You don't have to lower yourself into defending the position she has been handed in the administration. She isn't qualified and neither am I . I am not under any illusions that it is a job that should be handed to someone who doesn't have the proper qualifications.
I'm not trolling. This thread topic is total fiction. She's visiting south korea. She's not Secretary of State.

Back