IV drip before mma fight

FStep

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just wondering if it's a good idea. I've never done one before. I'm fighting at my walk around weight and my opponent is cutting down so the added benefit of putting on a few lbs after weigh ins is good too.

?
If you're not cutting there's no real point, it's to help rehydrate faster.

Putting on a pound of water doesn't help if you aren't dehydrated.

?
If you're not cutting there's no real point, it's to help rehydrate faster.

Putting on a pound of water doesn't help if you aren't dehydrated.

Is there an efficient way to put on 3-5lb after weighins if I didn't cut to begin with? just trying to avoid being 10lb smaller than my opponent come fight time as i'm going to have to wrestle a lot in this one.

Is there an efficient way to put on 3-5lb after weighins if I didn't cut to begin with? just trying to avoid being 10lb smaller than my opponent come fight time as i'm going to have to wrestle a lot in this one.

You're body is not going to absorb the water the same way sir.

Gaining water weight after the weigh in when you didn't cut water weight to begin with will not help you in any way. Gaining 3-5 lbs of muscle in the 30 days before the fight could help.

Gaining water weight after the weigh in when you didn't cut water weight to begin with will not help you in any way. Gaining 3-5 lbs of muscle in the 30 days before the fight could help.

well I have 11 days to go so that's out. any options other than putting on water weight at this point?

well I have 11 days to go so that's out. any options other than putting on water weight at this point?

finalizing training camp, getting good rest, watching tape (if you don't have tape of your opponent, watch the way higher level pros move)

the whole point of weight cutting and rehydration is you get bigger muscle wise ahead of time and then cut water to drop a few pounds. if you're at weight at not cutting, adding extra water to your body beyond normal hydration is not going to help you

If you don't cut weight it's like drinking 3 pounds worth of water. You will piss it out. You need muscle tissue that binds water. Muscles are 80% water. So you can't gain weight. Totally unlogical. How can I add 3 pounds body mass in 5 minutes. Injecting water into myself. Then you'll just have 3 pounds more water and piss it out.

Last edited:
Were you really trying to become harder to wrestle by injecting yourself with water, even though you don't even cut?

That's some wild shit bro

Were you really trying to become harder to wrestle by injecting yourself with water, even though you don't even cut?

That's some wild shit bro
Hahah. Let us know how the fight goes man. Good luck

Back