It's weird how little attention Werdum vs Volkov is getting

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Considering the winner's next fight will likely be for the title.

It's not weird.

I didn't even know there was a card on tonight.

Most fans are going to have a lower perception of a card that is completely on Fight Pass.

Watching it at the arena live tonight.Quite excited. Doom by 2nd round sub

Last edited:
Volkov is number 7. He is not fighting for the title if he wins.

Werdum likely gets a TS with a win. But would also require about 8-10 months of no fights. Considering Stipe doesn’t fight until July. Then it’s probably 4-6 months until he fights again. I’m not sure a long layoff would be wise. But, he’s been trying to get back there for almost 2 yrs. So, he’d probably be willing to sit, if he knows he’s next.

It’s a FightPass card. It’s on in the afternoon. It’s not getting much attention period. Nobody in here is even talking about it. C’est la vie.

It’s just hard for most people to get behind a fight card that they won’t even watch. Fightpass just doesn’t have the subscribers it needs, not saying it’s a bad service either.

I have been hanging out for this card, two weeks with no UFC has made me...
going-crazy-gif-4.gif

Thats because the HW division is ultimately boring to watch besides the quick KO's.

I'm more excited for the debuts of Sosnovskiy & Ankalaev, the HW & LHW divisions desperately need new blood.. not terribly excited for Werdum/Volkov, I assume it'll be an easy win for Werdum, the rest of the card meh

I don't like watching Werdum fight, I just like watching him lose.

Back