It's time to settle this once and for all - Who is the richest person in Mayberry?! (liars stay out)

She was a nurse. Could pull in 100k easily in this area. But no, it's really hard to get a nursing job once you're injured because your competing with all the other injured nurses that have way more experience.

Hopefully she finds something else someday because living off 130k per year is for the birds lol

Old peoples homes always want RN's.... EN's have to do the dirty work but that 1 RN does the paperwork and gets the big bucks.

Otherwise work in a GP clinic doing bloods and vaccines. If you both move to "AUSTRALIA" the King/Queen/Prince of the world she'll get a Aussie boyfriend in no time(sorry)

It's interesting. I feel perfectly fine discussing income on a site like SDN. In fact, there are probably hundreds of salary threads there with thousands of wealthy people giving honest answers. I am very hesitant to share that same info on here. It would just be stalker bait for the many creepy, mentally ill posters on Sherdog.

I think it's different to be worth a few million and being wealthy. There's tons of small business owners who are worth a million or more including assets. That's different than being truly wealthy to a point where people would start sending you PMs with sad stories. Also some are recognizable enough to where their posts could cause a problem.

If I had job security I would say I do really well. But I could be gone in a year, and my dough would be hard to replace.

That's different than being truly wealthy to a point where people would start sending you PMs with sad stories. Also some are recognizable enough to where their posts could cause a problem.

I'm not worried about people sending me PMs. I'm worried about stalking, people searching public records, calling my family/work, fishing for personal info, flying across the country to find me, etc. All these things happened before I stopped posting here last time. Since I've been back in the last few months, there has already been one creepy guy trying to find where I work. There are a lot of very disturbed people on Internet forums like Sherdog.

I'm not worried about people sending me PMs. I'm worried about stalking, people searching public records, calling my family/work, fishing for personal info, flying across the country to find me, etc. All these things happened before I stopped posting here last time. Since I've been back in the last few months, there has already been one creepy guy trying to find where I work. There are a lot of very disturbed people on Internet forums like Sherdog.

Hey it's me your long lost cousin! I'm doing OK man, I just have this baby I can't afford and my mom is sick with cancer. Plus I lost my job the other week. Can I borrow some money? Also, what's your social security number? Don't you love me?

I have a high salary, but live in an expensive place, similar story to what others have mentioned so far. In my neighborhood you're paying $1000 per square foot at minimum, but I can walk to work and to anything I might need, so I save a little on a car and have a better work/life balance than I'd have in a big house in the suburbs.

Well i voluntarily work in a place where i may have to run to a bunker due to incoming rocket attacks. So yeah you could say im broke and ill take $$ any way i can

buy me tuna?

cute-animals-cat-kitten-begging-pics.jpg

Yeah but who talks about bringing one's companies public in this cesspool?

I honestly don't know anybody is this position who would do that.

I've been a founder of 6 companies here in Canada. 2 of which we took public, one that achieved a high of $600MM and the second just over $100MM and two that failed. The last two I am involved with currently and we are just in the process of taking one of the public with about a $70MM valuation (I hope).

I offered about 2 years ago to detail every step of growing this current business and taking it public in the Mayberry thread where they talk about Stocks but no single person replied to my offer (I think everyone thought I was bullshitting) and so I dropped it. i ran my own Venture Capital fund for a while before jumping back into operations with these last two investment companies.

So I've done very well and would provide proof to a poster I feel I could trust like Loiosh or Petey (the mod).

But again all the money i have made is in Canuckastan peso dollars which have been struggling at a low V the US dollar.

Sorry but I doubt that this is true.

Why would you advertise it in this shithole? To what end? You don't have anything to gain from that and only risk falling on some looser you will try to find you and cause problems to your IPOs, your career, etc. I really don't buy it.

Can I use my friend who does the same exact job as me but as a civilian? If that were the case, I might be in the running.

I would be suprised if many people here made my hourly rate. Let's see
So are you on salary or hourly? If your salary is say 100k but you only really work 1-2 hours a day, then yea you're the richest mofo. But generally, you're on salary because you're expected to work more than 40 hours a week.

I also know people whose hourly is 40-50 but because they do so much extra hours + those premium and OT bonus, they end up netting 2-3x their normal pay. There was an article a few years back about this LT in the fire department earning 500k a year due to all his OT. A firefighter earned more than our President...But if you count their hourlys, it's nothing. But if you count the total amount, it's a lot. Context...

But like someone else said, if you're on salary, I doubt you'd be the richest here unless you're some CEO of some big ass corporation netting millions in salary + bonuses and your hourly pay is a few hundred thousand.

Food for thought: Bill Gate makes over $115 a second. It's not worth his time to pick up a 100 dollar bill on the street.

Sorry but I doubt that this is true.

Why would you advertise it in this shithole? To what end? You don't have anything to gain from that and only risk falling on some looser you will try to find you and cause problems to your IPOs, your career, etc. I really don't buy it.
No advertising. that was not my intent.
I was willing to post details of growing the company towards its public listing without naming the company and then after the listing, name the company because then it would be public and it would be easy to correlate everything said prior. Nothing to lose in that and thought it could be interesting for some to follow along.

No advertising. that was not my intent.
I was willing to post details of growing the company towards its public listing without naming the company and then after the listing, name the company because then it would be public and it would be easy to correlate everything said prior. Nothing to lose in that and thought it could be interesting for some to follow along.

No way the investors that purchased the shares would be glad about any kind of information made available on an MMA forum, even if it was to be linked to the company post-IPO.

In any case your reputation would be severly impaired and you could also be subject to compliance issues.

I can't think of any reasonable reason why anyone in your position would do that.

So no offense, but I think that it's BS.

And if it's not I would recommend that you don't take any of those foolish risks.

No way the investors that purchased the shares would be glad about any kind of information made available on an MMA forum, even if it was to be linked to the company post-IPO.

In any case your reputation would be severly impaired and you could also be subject to compliance issues.

I can't think of any reasonable reason why anyone in your position would do that.

So no offense, but I think that it's BS.

And if it's not I would recommend that you don't take any of those foolish risks.
Post listing everything about the company is public. There are no secrets.

Anything prior to listing about company XYZ, a non identified company, would be of no concern or interest to the shareholders post listing.

If you think shareholders of the post listing company would give two sh!ts about some non-identifying, non-descript company that no one knew what it was then you need to explain what you think they would be mad about.

What you think is BS does not concern or impact me one way or another so if you think I am going to say oh no, a sherdog poster does not believe me you sorely over rate yourself.

It is only your misunderstanding of the risks and process that lead you to your flawed conclusion. As the owner of a private business today I could easily write a blog for anyone to follow chronicling my business journey leading to my one day, public listing with or without identifying the private company.

But like I said if someone like Loiosh or Petey the mod wants to vett my info I can easily provide proof and trust them enough to keep it private, because two of the other companies were public and therefore my information is in the public domain with those two.

in addition to my already staggering net worth, i purchased (3) $10.00 scratch tickets on my way home today. Whenever I am in Massachusetts I buy a few expensive scratch tickets, the ones in NH suck. Im no degenerate with them though, im talking 4 times a year ill drop 20 or 50 bucks on em. Cant wait to win later!

Back