It's time to accept Saenchai as the greatest

And I'd suggest watching more of his fights in Thailand against top Thais to get a better perspective. Against foreigners or abroad he'll dick around lots of times and get laughs from the crowd and just cruise and have a good time. Pretty much nobody can make a real fight with him internationally. At Lumpinee and Rajadamnern it's competitive sport.

do you think it would be any different if they didnt fight in thailand. like Saenchai vs Pakorn in scotland

do you think it would be any different if they didnt fight in thailand. like Saenchai vs Pakorn in scotland

Saenchai-Pakon was decent and that was closer to what would happen in competitive Thailand. On the other hand, I remember thinking Saenchai-Diesellek was lame and wouldn't look like that if they fought at Lumpinee or Rajadamnern.

"With greatest you have to consider longevity, accomplishments, quality of competition, consistency, dominance and all that stuff."

agree with that statement, idk enough to make an educated opinion, but in my mind saenchai is the best.

Saenchai vs. Kongsak? Holy southpaws Batman......... gotta watch this fight......

Saenchai has to be the king at the moment
No not at the moment. Although hes still up there I dont think hes the king. I think hes a bit past his prime now but hes still extremely effective. He was the king a few years ago thou.

He actually fough kongsak 4 times, won all bouts

No not at the moment. Although hes still up there I dont think hes the king. I think hes a bit past his prime now but hes still extremely effective. He was the king a few years ago thou.
Is there a consensus atm for who is the best? Maybe Petmorakot or Rithevada?

Has petmorakot fought in 2016?

I would pick thanonchai

Is there a consensus atm for who is the best? Maybe Petmorakot or Rithevada?
I think you have to break it up into 2 sections. International and stadiums because even thou there both MuayThai its still very different. The way the fights are scored, the tempo of the fight and the styles.

In the stadiums I cant pick a number 1 guy at the moment. You can say some of the fighters fighting around 126 -130lbs like Thananchai, pranjantchai, panpayak, sangmanee etc are some names at the top especially after so many fighters have started to retire like Sam a and Nong O whilst Saenchai and Petboonchu are no longer active in the stadiums. Rihevada still young and has to prove himself a little more but he has potential.

With the international scene Yodsanklai, Sittichai and Saenchai are all at the top even thou they also fight K1. A fight between Yod and Sittichai would show who the number one guy is (internationally).

I think you have to break it up into 2 sections. International and stadiums because even thou there both MuayThai its still very different. The way the fights are scored, the tempo of the fight and the styles.

With the international scene Yodsanklai, Sittichai and Saenchai are all at the top even thou they also fight K1. A fight between Yod and Sittichai would show who the number one guy is (internationally).

What about the main difference? One is an actual sport and one is often times getting paid to go on vacation. I don't think it's necessary to lump them together in this way as international Muay Thai is just random events with no organization and overall has about 2% of the best talent competing. Saying a Yod-Sitthichai winner takes the #1 spot shows this. One good win and that's all you need?

And as long as Saenchai is Saenchai, there is nothing Sitthichai or Yodsanklai can do to be above him in Muay Thai.

And as long as Saenchai is Saenchai, there is nothing Sitthichai or Yodsanklai can do to be above him in Muay Thai.
I'm not talking about overall. Of course Saenchai has had a much better career then both of them and will always be ahead of them in the all time great list but im talking about currently. Saenchai hasnt fought anyone good since 2014 which was a loss to Petmorakot. Even thou he still has the skills you can tell they were not as they once was. Sittichai is in his prime and Yod has been looking like a beast since he knocked out Kem.

"With greatest you have to consider longevity, accomplishments, quality of competition, consistency, dominance and all that stuff."

agree with that statement, idk enough to make an educated opinion, but in my mind saenchai is the best.

Your honesty is refreshing compared to the ones who pretend like they know everyone and everything.

Saenchai : Baristan Selmy
Samart : Arthur Dayne

Saenchai : Baristan Selmy
Samart : Arthur Dayne

This is incredibly apt. Saenchai is incomparable to anyone fighting today, but he's somehow not held in the same mythical level as other legends by a lot of people because he competes in what's perceived to be a lesser era (even though he stills owns everyone in his old age). Samart is held as a mythical being, even though his era was much further in time that a lot of people can't really name the guys he fought (you know, beyond Dieselnoi).

But really Arthur Dayne is so overrated bro. Got iced by Ned Stark, the Kit Cope of Westeros (inexplicably famous, but insignificant in the grand scheme of things).

This is incredibly apt. Saenchai is incomparable to anyone fighting today, but he's somehow not held in the same mythical level as other legends by a lot of people because he competes in what's perceived to be a lesser era (even though he stills owns everyone in his old age). Samart is held as a mythical being, even though his era was much further in time that a lot of people can't really name the guys he fought (you know, beyond Dieselnoi).

But really Arthur Dayne is so overrated bro. Got iced by Ned Stark, the Kit Cope of Westeros (inexplicably famous, but insignificant in the grand scheme of things).

7 vs 3

plus if not because of reed, ned would get his head cut off.

Yesterday he was victorious over a 62-1 fighter, and did it without breaking a sweat. That's a record perhaps better than Giorgio Petrosyan's. Not even a draw! Saenchai just beat a fighter who is basically better than Giorgio Petrosyan! What now?

Yesterday he was victorious over a 62-1 fighter, and did it without breaking a sweat. That's a record perhaps better than Giorgio Petrosyan's. Not even a draw! Saenchai just beat a fighter who is basically better than Giorgio Petrosyan! What now?

Back