Its Time For Christmas Tunes

X-mas 2016 USA

1ALPW

this song isn't meant to be about christmas, but man does it sound like a christmas tune. i dare anyone to not feel the christmas cheer with this song lol:

this song isn't meant to be about christmas, but man does it sound like a christmas tune. i dare anyone to not feel the christmas cheer with this song lol:

I don't know if I'd call it cheer:D

But I certainly felt some christmas dread, lol. Its a good tune though, for a freezing night like tonight so close to christmas.

McCartney's Wonderful Christmas time

Lennon's Happy X-mas (War is Over)

Ringo's

I don't know if I'd call it cheer:D

But I certainly felt some christmas dread, lol. Its a good tune though, for a freezing night like tonight so close to christmas.

haha. i guess i see it more as cheerful. but that's just me.

Its winter solstice tonight. Here's a couple versions of an old song that was based on a poem from around1872.

This version seems to capture the isolation of winter

Been listening to classic FM last night and today and really digging the Chrimbo classical tunes and Carols.

This one is probably my favourite....

love this new take on it too... So powerful .... it really gets my juices flowing :D

And another one I really like

So what's your favourites?

Been listening to classic FM last night and today and really digging the Chrimbo classical tunes and Carols.

This one is probably my favourite....

love this new take on it too... So powerful .... it really gets my juices flowing :D

And another one I really like

So what's your favourites?

If God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is one of your fave carols you should check out the version I posted earlier on this page. It's actually a medley of that carol plus We Three Kings performed by the Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan. I'm not really a fan of those artists (not sure how well known they are outside of Canada but they're pretty big here, especially her) but they absolutely kill this one and it's one of my favourite jams for the season. Them boys can harmonize with the best of them and Sarah M has the voice of an angel.

If God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is one of your fave carols you should check out the version I posted earlier on this page. It's actually a medley of that carol plus We Three Kings performed by the Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan. I'm not really a fan of those artists (not sure how well known they are outside of Canada but they're pretty big here, especially her) but they absolutely kill this one and it's one of my favourite jams for the season. Them boys can harmonize with the best of them and Sarah M has the voice of an angel.

Ayye ..... no bad..... no bad at all.

raw

Back