IT'S TIME for a BELLATOR WW Grand Prix!

TheGOD

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Lorenz Larkin, Rory MacDonald, MVP, Koreshkov, Paul Daley, Chidi Njokuani, Douglas Lima with the eighth spot filled by the winner of a prospects tournament (or they could just sign Li Jingliang). If THIS doesn't get people talking about Bellator, then nothing will.

012615-UFC-Fight-Night-Lorenz-Larkin-pi-ssm.vresize.1200.675.high.16.jpg
Rory-MacDonald-UFC-129_9438.jpg
mma_fighter_michael_venom_page_pokemon_hat1.jpg
andrey-koreshkov-benson-henderson-bellator-1532.jpg
paul-daley-bellator-170.jpg
web1_8-Ricky-Rainey-V-Chidi-Njokuani_4515-copy_2.jpg
douglas-lima-bellator-117.jpg
li-jingliang-tuf-23-finale-2.jpg

i'm in, would the belt be on the line?

Old school style one night epic tournament or something slow and tedious that takes 4 or 5 months?

i'm in, would the belt be on the line?
No belt, or they could make a belt commemorating winning the tournament, but it would be separate from the title itself. They could justify this since all the tournament fights would be only three rounds as opposed to five.

If we want 8 man:
Rory
Lima
Larkin
Andrey
MVP
Chidi
Ward (or Gonzales)
Daley

+ 4 fighter for reserve bouts

Rainey
Gonzales
Fialho
Guillard

I'm in for the 1 night shit

That would kill off all their contenders... I bet they are planning on having Larkin, Rory and maybe Lima move back and forth between WW and MW for big fights.

It really won't get people talking.

The only people that will be talking are people like us who already know whats going on. Nobody in that tournament will get blow joe or very avg. mma fan to tune it or care. Many of those fans don't even know what Bellator is or know very little.

Great for us fans but that is about it and chances are we are tuning in already.

8th man should be Minowa
You can't make a tournament without him, it's written in the MMA Unified rules

Just do Lima/Larkin with Rory/Daley and MVP/anderson and then try and book Koreshkov/Gonzalez again.

Lima/larkin vs Rory/Daley winner, build MVP up, let Koreshkov get back on track and you have a years worth of fights instead of 1 tournament that kills your whole div at once.

But if you did do one it would be awesome.

Lima/Larkin
Rory/Daley
Koreshkov/Gonzalez
Chidi/Ward

Then do Lima/Larkin vs Chidi/Ward and Koreshkov/Gonzalez vs Rory/Daley. You'd then hope for a Rory vs Lima or Larkin final with Rory winning. That would be best outcome for Bellator.

Rory would be top 2-3 WW in world, a name and has Canadian market. They really need him to be the guy he was before and during the Lawler fight.

Im ready to see chidi step into the deeper parts of the division right about now mvp has now officialy dipped his foot in the waters with the gonzalez fight, wouldnt mind seeing norman parke going back up in weight and joining this division as well after the bamma bout he was on with bellator

I love grand prix but that would take the steam out of a lot of potential contenders that don't want that tourney. It's better they keep spreading out fights over future events and let everyone build up

I love grand prix but that would take the steam out of a lot of potential contenders that don't want that tourney. It's better they keep spreading out fights over future events and let everyone build up
I get the point about killing the division by ruining the contenders, but at this point, i don't really think too many fans care about who is the Bellator champ. Sure, everyone is gonna suffer a loss besides the eventual winner, but say Daley loses in the first round against Rory, you still have seven other matchups to make with Daley against the other fighters in the tournament. You could still do Daley vs Larkin at a later date without any of the hype having washed off of it.

I get the point about killing the division by ruining the contenders, but at this point, i don't really think too many fans care about who is the Bellator champ. Sure, everyone is gonna suffer a loss besides the eventual winner, but say Daley loses in the first round against Rory, you still have seven other matchups to make with Daley against the other fighters in the tournament. You could still do Daley vs Larkin at a later date without any of the hype having washed off of it.

I hear you but I don't know man....Douglas Lima is very well loved in the MMA World. A lot of people always talk about how he would do against top UFC WW and now some of them are crossing over to Bellator so it's good....But I think a lot of people know and care about Lima personally

There hasn't been a decent Grand Prix since Strikeforce 2011 and even that one fell apart.

The only people that will be talking are people like us who already know whats going on. Nobody in that tournament will get blow joe or very avg. mma fan to tune it or care. Many of those fans don't even know what Bellator is or know very little.

Great for us fans but that is about it and chances are we are tuning in already.

Most casuals I know of that watch MMA have heard of Bellator. They may not watch it often, but most know of it. Ironically, I know many people who like Bellator and WSOF simply because its free.

If the tournament isn't enough, then they could headline the event with the Fedor/Mitrione fight that never happened.

Back