Its safe to say RIP to the ole hungry Conor McGregor

It seems satiety diminishes when a bank account has 8 figures.
Marvin Hagler “It’s hard to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pyjamas.”

Success leads to contentment, which is the enemy of striving. If Conor is content then good for him. I personally hope he continues to strive, that he works to get better and try to get back to the top. We’ll see.

Nothing changes fighters like money. Well, age... but that's different.

There are a couple of guys like Bernard Hopkins or Dan Henderson is maybe an ok example, but guys who just "love to fight", even after they've got money are rare. And neither of them had money like Conor I don't believe.
I read an interview with Hopkins once when he was having a birthday (42nd?) and he was eating the first piece of cake he had tasted in 20 years. That’s the kind of dedication it takes get to the top, and to stay at the top.

Near enough every review for it says its shite

A lot of those reviews have fallen into the trap of reviewing it as a straight whiskey. Not the $29 mixer it should be.

It's marketed as something for the wealthy, but priced (and made) for people looking to get hammered before going out for the night.

You are right, i haven't taste it either, but i wanted to order it and read some Reviews before... im never going to order it. Every Review say's it is shit. Could it be that you have bad taste in wiskeys...

It's a mixer.

Maybe he'll never find that same obsession again.. maybe he will..

The conor that had philosofical rants about movement and fighting is a tough fight for any man.. back then he was actually charismatic..

This conor is a shell of that guy and probably still a top lw but nothing like the guy that studied animals to improve.. this guy is just really loud..

But then again.. he ows us nothing and no person stays the same.. he gave a lot to the game to get where he's at.. it is what it is..

It takes a different breed of fighter to stay hungry when they are already rich. The Mayweather fight was the big Money fight and put him out there for the masses.

He will fight a few more times and promote the shit out of his whiskey. He is doing good business and I think that's all he is about now is business. He isn't the same guy that tore through the 145 division.

Because purists will hate anything new and far from the tradition. Its like when people from the academy say that Stephen King books are bad.

If you taste Proper Twelve you would know how good it really is.
Dude, I hope you've made your Fight Pass selling posts. This McGregor thing is a side project. Dana wants us to push the subscriptions first.
<31>

No McGregor will ever be hungry again. Mission accomplished.

Bash that clown all that you want, ruin Sherdog with infinite threads about it, but dont dare to mess with Proper Twelve. That thing is awesome.

proper-twelve-whiskey-768x431.jpg

Protestant whisky, not even real Irish whisky.
<Deported1>

Seeing guys like Conor lose their hunger after making money always makes me appreciate a prize fighter like Mayweather.

That dude has made 100x more $$$ than Conor yet when he had his 48th, 49th, etc fight he still trained like he was a contender

So true. I was thinking the same thing.

Near enough every review for it says its shite
I agree that people who review it are shitting all over it. But here's the thing, there aren't a whole lot of established groups that review whiskey and it's quite likely that people who are denouncing it are either Conor haters or whiskey purists who hate the fact that some rich guy just up and made his own brand.

I drink Dead Rabbit, and I'd put P12 up there.

when-parents-compare-kids.jpg

Remember what he said about fighter having families and kids? Well...

he was lucky that he didnt face Khabib before, he was never that good.

he giftet a title shot by beating Siver.
and Nate beat the shit out of him.

It seems satiety diminishes when a bank account has 8 figures.
Why are soccer players paid so well and perform so well? I am legitimately curious? Is it that fighting has a more honest way of revealing the inner coward? We all know soccer players are a bunch of pusses.

Bash that clown all that you want, ruin Sherdog with infinite threads about it, but dont dare to mess with Proper Twelve. That thing is awesome.

proper-twelve-whiskey-768x431.jpg
So here's my thing. All vodka reviewers killed Ciroc. (Is it really a vodka?) Yet common folk seem to enjoy it. So far, reviewers are doing the same with Proper 12. What's the common folk consensus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back