It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

Yeah, not understanding where this "Disney can't do rated R movies" thing is coming from. The company owned Miramax and some other distribution companies. They have released Tarantino movies under those banners.
They're not going to show the Disney castle embelm at the beginning of a rated R Deadpool movie. They can release the movie under another company name

Do they even show 'Disney' now in the Marvel movies? Cant say ive noticed
Nope, no Disney castle for mcu films either.

But Disney is absolute dog shit. Expect everything new they gather to be ruined.
No kidding, what they've done with the Marvel movies has been nothing but terrible every stretch along the way. And those animated and CGI films like Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story they've made over the years sure have been moldy garbage. And the fact that they hold 5 of the 10 biggest worldwide grosses - pathetic. They could do so much better.

No kidding, what they've done with the Marvel movies has been nothing but terrible every stretch along the way. And those animated and CGI films like Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story they've made over the years sure have been moldy garbage. And the fact that they hold 5 of the 10 biggest worldwide grosses - pathetic. They could do so much better.

Oh, sorry, I mean current Disney. You know, the Disney that did such wonders with Star Wars and etc.

I guess you really agree with me since you are listing shit OVER A DECADE OLD.

Now, if you were to bring up Frozen I would say that is hot dog shit. But the old days they made some great movies.

Oh, sorry, I mean current Disney. You know, the Disney that did such wonders with Star Wars and etc.

Now, if you were to bring up Frozen I would say that is hot dog shit. But the old days they made some great movies.
I'm as mad as you are about Last Jedi, but Rogue One was solid and I still have yet to see Solo but I've heard it's good. So depending on your perspective on Awakens, that's 50-75% of their recent SW endeavors going well.

And come on, you can't be serious that every Disney Marvel film has been bad, if you think that's the case then there's no getting to you. If you hated recent releases Infinity War, BP, and Winter Soldier (among others), then you are lost and you shouldn't be posting in this thread because you have nothing positive to contribute.

Their live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast was exceptional and that was last year. Also, that second Nemo movie was in 2016 was fine, Jungle Book in 2016 did what it needed to do and Zootopia also in 2016 was incredibly underrated.

If you think Disney's recent film releases are universally bad these days, then you aren't being honest with yourself or you're being a contrarian for the sake of argument. I hated Last Jedi but I can't not give it up to Disney these days.

All we mostly care for is MCU, so aslong kevin feige is overmapping Marvel Studios, they aint fukking up anytime soon.

Disney, 21st Century Fox Shareholders approve deal, ending corporate duel
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
PUBLISHED: July 27, 2018

0621-BUS-DISNEY-FOX-01-1.jpg

Shareholders of The Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox agreed to a $71.3 billion purchase plan that gives Disney the bulk of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, substantially altering the entertainment landscape.. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

In separate ballrooms at the Hilton Hotel in Midtown Manhattan on Friday morning, shareholders of The Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox agreed to a $71.3 billion purchase plan that gives Disney the bulk of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, substantially altering the entertainment landscape.

Regulators in more than a dozen countries must still give their approval. But the shareholder votes brought to a close a six-month corporate showdown, waged across two continents by Disney and Comcast, for supremacy in the media business. Murdoch’s trove represented a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gain the bulk needed as a counterattack against the tech giants that have aggressively moved into Hollywood.

“Avatar,” the “X-Men” movies, “Titanic” and TV shows such as “The Simpsons” and “This Is Us” will now be owned by Disney. The deal also gives Disney the cable networks FX and National Geographic; a controlling stake in the streaming service Hulu, which has more than 20 million subscribers; and Star, one of India’s fastest growing media companies.

Disney’s chief executive, Robert A. Iger, has staked his legacy on this deal, and to gain control of Fox, he had to fend off an aggressive play by Comcast. Iger and Murdoch originally agreed to a deal in December. After months of maneuvering, Comcast, the Philadelphia-based cable giant, topped Disney’s original bid in June, but Iger returned almost immediately with a much higher offer that mixed cash and stock. Murdoch and the Fox board quickly accepted.

Comcast called it quits soon after.

Disney will soon unveil a Netflix-style streaming service to deliver its shows and movies straight to viewers.

“One of the most exciting aspects of our Fox acquisition is that it will allow us to greatly accelerate our direct-to-consumer strategy,” Iger said when he announced the deal in December. “We believe creating a direct-to-consumer relationship is vital to the future of our media businesses, and it’s our highest priority.”

At the Disney meeting, shareholders voted on one item. Disney’s final offer was made up of equal parts cash and stock — $35.7 billion in cash, 343 million shares — and Disney investors had to approve the issuing of those shares.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/07/27/disney-fox-shareholders-approve-deal-ending-corporate-duel/

Kevin feige being goat as usual already planning xmen, f4 and deadpool into MCU and its not even entirely official. WB should take notes from Kevin when it comes to comicbooks on screen.

Kevin feige being goat as usual already planning xmen, f4 and deadpool into MCU and its not even entirely official. WB should take notes from Kevin when it comes to comicbooks on screen.

Just keep Deadpool and Logan rated R, and all will work out fine.

Just sell it all to Disney.

Batman vs Tony Stark

Hallelujah!

We're a step closer to X-Men becoming a part of the MCU, as Disney CEO Bob Iger confirms that, as and when a Disney-Fox merger goes through, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios would take the lead on the longtime Fox franchise.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Iger responded to a question on whether Marvel will absorb the X-Men franchise:

"I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels."

This isn't necessarily a confirmation that X-Men will become a part of the MCU - there is presumably some question of how to intertwine or wrap up the current X-Men timeline, or if it would be rebooted entirely - but this plan certainly makes that a possibility.

When asked if Deadpool could become an Avenger, Iger was less committal: "Kevin's got a lot of ideas. I'm not suggesting that's one of them. But who knows?"

Disney's $71.3 billion buyout of Fox and its properties looks more and more likely, with Disney having won antitrust approval from the US Justice Department.

https://sea.ign.com/news/141619/disney-confirms-marvel-would-take-over-x-men-franchise-after

We're one step closer to a Deadpool/Spider-Man crossover! And maybe Old Man Logan comes back to life!

Next goal: Get Venom back in.

Throw in Ghost Rider and you’d have the New Fantastic Four line up Marvel had for a few issues in the early 90s.
Was gonna say, just make that movie. Those issues were fun.

Just give us what we really want. A spider man Wolverine Hulk movie

Hah I absolutely agree.

Throw in Ghost Rider and you’d have the New Fantastic Four line up Marvel had for a few issues in the early 90s.

I remember reading that and thinking this New FF would absolutely wreck the original FF. And Bruce Banner's just as smart as Reed Richards.

Back