It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

RTOYaI7.jpg

The infographic 3 years ago. Crazy how fast things have changed.
kknnqfs.png
How did Universal pictures end up with more characters? Did Marvel just have more than they could use in their own movies?

How did Universal pictures end up with more characters? Did Marvel just have more than they could use in their own movies?
Don't be fooled by the extra characters like General Ross, The Leader or Betty Ross in the infographic. They could just have easily put just Namor and the Hulk's faces in there and that would be that. Btw, Ross, Abomination and the rest belong to the Hulk universe and so that's why Universal has partial rights to them if Marvel Studios decide to make a solo Hulk movie.

I'm not ok with this. Don't look forward to anymore R rated comic book movies

Doctor Doom was never properly represented in the Fantastic Four movies.

You're confusing Disney with Disney Studio. Disney the company has put out R-Rated movies.

Agree, last time checked, punisher series is under disney and its rated R

The larger something grows the more people will be foretelling it’s failure. Disney has handled Marvel wonderfully thus far and hopefully it will continue.

All the naysayers will be calling for failure until it actually fails which will be inevitable. They’ll then be like “i was right!”

I wonder how they do Xmen..
Do we start at the very beginning with the original 5? Skip ahead with the blue team and gold team?
I'm not even sure where I'd personally like them to start. The Xmen universe is practically it's own thing..It's huge

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21s...o-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

Comic book movie fans, this means all of the properties Fox possesses, with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and that whole world would be under the same umbrella as the other Marvel properties.

If this goes through, basically, the only Marvel comics properties that will be licensed by a company other than Disney/Marvel will be Spiderman and his universe, which are currently on loan from Sony.

To sum it up in one potential picture:

2174639-avx2012001_col_cov.jpg

And for non-comic book fans, this is also significant in the film world. It would not be the entirety of Fox, as the title states, and would not include sports properties or news as far as I know.

But Disney is absolute dog shit. Expect everything new they gather to be ruined.

Yeah, not understanding where this "Disney can't do rated R movies" thing is coming from. The company owned Miramax and some other distribution companies. They have released Tarantino movies under those banners.
They're not going to show the Disney castle embelm at the beginning of a rated R Deadpool movie. They can release the movie under another company name

Do they even show 'Disney' now in the Marvel movies? Cant say ive noticed

Back