It's official.. Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler rematch headlines new Bellator 'Salute the Troops'

Go Go Plata

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Bellator lightweight champion Brent Primus will return to action after nearly 18 months on the sidelines, and he’ll face the man he beat for the title, Michael Chandler.

Bellator officials told USA TODAY Sports that Primus vs. Chandler 2 will headline a newly announced “Salute the Troops” event held in conjunction with the USO on Dec. 14 at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu. The live event, which precedes the following night’s “Bellator 213: MacFarlane vs. Letourneau” card at the same venue, will be free for troops of the U.S. Armed Forces, as well as their friends and families.

“The USO is an historic military support organization – not just in entertainment but in connecting them back to the things they love and fight for,” Bellator President Scott Coker said. “It made perfect sense for Bellator to establish a relationship with the USO and provide a unique opportunity to Hawaii’s military population. We appreciate their service to the nation, and we hope this is just the first of many opportunities for us to work together.”

The co-main event will be a heavyweight matchup between former UFC champion Frank Mir (18-12 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) and Javy Ayala(10-7 MMA, 5-4 BMMA).
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/brent...ator-troops-event-hawaii-frank-mir-javy-ayala

Primus can teach our troops his patented 5 point knee exploding technique that he used on Chandler. You land a leg kick and then 5 or 30 steps later he rolls his ankle and suddenly can’t walk anymore.

Very nice!

If I could get a gurantee Primus would defend more than once a year, I might root for him to get some new blood in thr main events.

Let's hope this goes better for the fighters than UFC Fight for the Troops. That event has since been marked on the JBG's calendar for all eternity.

Last edited:
Wow Frank Mir vs Javy Ayala. They’re really trying to get Mir a win here.

Wow Frank Mir vs Javy Ayala. They’re really trying to get Mir a win here.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see javy starch him.

If it stays on the feet he's much faster and hits about as hard but on the ground the submission is a gimme for Mir.

So it's actually 2 events in Hawaii back to back....FUCK YEAH!!!

absolutely awesome Coker is doing a fight for the troops style event.

So it's actually 2 events in Hawaii back to back....FUCK YEAH!!!

absolutely awesome Coker is doing a fight for the troops style event.

Hey FKA. That is awesome they are having back to back nights of MMA in Hawaii with a fight for the troops event. I got Chandler here and Mir.

When do you guys think Primus pulls out? I think sometime around the end of November

Back