Its literally impossible to commit suicide because you will survive every time theory

We don't know how any of it works, though. And I'm not talking about suicide in particular here, but death in general. How do we know, if the multiverse theory is true, that it doesn't work like that old Jet Li movie The One? Where every other "you" that dies, somehow gets transferred into the other "yous" in other universes?

I think to be safe, we all have to assume that "I" am the only "me" in existence. It would be stupid to assume otherwise. And we should live accordingly. But it's fun food for thought to imagine other copies of us in other universes/dimensions.
Sure but if you use any type of logic what you are saying is not feasible.

the infinite universes theory could not see yo u die via suicide and simultaneously realize the other universe you, where you did not die because that would also mean you realized ALL the other infinite universe you as well. There was not just one other option at that moment (live or die) there were infinite other options. So are you thinking it is a like a tv remote control where you just pick one alternative life to realize and to live as opposed to ALL of them?

I don't subscribe to infinite universes theory (but I am not not going to claim others are wrong) but the theory does not involve the sci fi element of you jumping lives across the universes. They are alternate universes with alternate you's. Not 'you's' waiting for the you reading this post to inhabit their avatar bodies.

I've wondered if when you die you "wake up" in another timeline or universe or whatever. You'd still be in "your" life and you'd be the same person, with the same experiences and whatnot. You just wouldn't be aware that you died in another universe.

I've wondered about this because I've had several experiences where I easily could have died, and it's a miracle that I didn't. But I was talking to a friend about this after he and I were in a car wreck that totaled my truck. We were saying "How did we survive that? What if we didn't actually survive?"

It's hard to explain and I'm tired right now. Not sure if this makes any sense.

This would have to be the case for this thread to make any sense.

Otherwise why would I give a shit about other universe me? Just another asshole out to get me imo.

SolidFakeDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif

^ (notice the cat getting head-shotted in the top half of the gif lol. GOAT animated show).

Sure but if you use any type of logic what you are saying is not feasible.

the infinite universes theory could not see yo u die via suicide and simultaneously realize the other universe you, where you did not die because that would also mean you realized ALL the other infinite universe you as well. There was not just one other option at that moment (live or die) there were infinite other options. So are you thinking it is a like a tv remote control where you just pick one alternative life to realize and to live as opposed to ALL of them?

I don't subscribe to infinite universes theory (but I am not not going to claim others are wrong) but the theory does not involve the sci fi element of you jumping lives across the universes. They are alternate universes with alternate you's. Not 'you's' waiting for the you reading this post to inhabit their avatar bodies.

Dude if you think i believe that we jump around into other universes then you seriously misread my post. I don't even slightly understand how you could've gotten that from what I posted. lol

but im not in control of every other myself out there... So if I do it , thats the end of the one im in control of right?

Humans are so cute. Because we're so aware of our mortality and accordingly terrified of it, we're desperate to find any explanation that may make it not so. Heaven, reincarnation, multiverse, whatever. Adorable

time isn't linear so there is a version of you that exists in the year 30000 and a version of you that exists in the year 1. so you'd never die of old age. there will always be a version of you that exists.

just a theory though

So if there are 7B people today, and only 50M back "in the day", how could there be 1 of me then, unless there wasn't 1 of 6B+ other people? Or was I an amoeba in 8000 B.C.?

I've often thought about this actually. I thought I was the only one. The reason being, I had a near death experience. And I thought, "if the multiverse theory is correct, there are universes out there where I died, separated from us by unimaginable distances, but so close to us in the quantum world of probability." So, am I only here conscious because I'm in one of the universes where I lived? Or was I always in this universe and timeline where I lived? In other words, do those universes branch off every time a particle decoheres and a fragment of time can be measured? Or are they already out there? The conclusion I came to is that they are already out there, as everything that could possibly happen is already playing itself out somewhere else, or hasnjust played itself out somewhere else, or is about to, or did a long time ago, etc.

This also makes sense for time travel. There's no paradox if when you travel back in time, you're just going to a universe that is essentially identical to yours but concurrently not as old as yours.

However, it may be that our consciousness is the only thing that can travel amongst them. So I still have no answer for you. It is a very interesting theory and something I have often thought about. Has any credible theoretical physicists ever talked about this?

My only issue with this is I don't find human life to be much more special than any other life on the planet. So if this is true, then there are the same things happening with all life on this planet. From unicellular bacteria to ants to mice to cows, fish, dolphins, and humans.

It's possible I guess, I just don't think the human brain is very great. It's quite overrated in fact. We're no better than any other life on this planet. I don't think anything is here for our personal experience.

So if there are 7B people today, and only 50M back "in the day", how could there be 1 of me then, unless there wasn't 1 of 6B+ other people? Or was I an amoeba in 8000 B.C.?

You're actually only 1/14th of a person.

HOW DOES IT FEEL

Theory did not hold out very well for the dude yesterday who blew his brains across the room with a 9 mil that I had to respond to...

I know there's a bunch of weirdos on reddit that had close encounters with disaster and assume that they did die and their consciousness transferred into a parallel reality. Instead of you know... thinking that they had a close encounter with disaster, which is what happened.

Every scenario you can think of exists in the multiverse.

not really if you suicide by claymore explosion

My only issue with this is I don't find human life to be much more special than any other life on the planet. So if this is true, then there are the same things happening with all life on this planet. From unicellular bacteria to ants to mice to cows, fish, dolphins, and humans.

It's possible I guess, I just don't think the human brain is very great. It's quite overrated in fact. We're no better than any other life on this planet. I don't think anything is here for our personal experience.

Yeah, it doesn't really hold up. But it does make you wonder. I mean, in many other universes, I was shot to death 16 years ago. So, did I love because I just happened to be in the one where I made the exact correct decision and threw my car in reverse, backed over a curb, and gtfo? Or am I just one of the inhabitants of the left over universes where I didn't die? I don't know, it's weird. I can't really explain it.

Like this I guess. I feel like I've lived in this one universe my entire life, for the whole time I have lived. After almost getting killed, I felt like all the versions of me that died that night also felt the same way and lived a life identical to mine, right up until they were shot. So I feel less like I'm alive, and more like I'm just my consciousness as it remains in one of the leftover universes where I didn't die.

The multiverse is both an interesting but also scary idea. However, dismissing it just because it sounds like "sci fi" is naive. So many of our current scientific laws and theories were once dismissed as mere science fiction as well before they were eventually "proven." Wouldn't shock me a bit if this were to eventually be proven true.

Back