Its literally impossible to commit suicide because you will survive every time theory

You're the only you conscious in this universe though. The theory of infinite new cosmos spinning off from every possibility is a fascinating one, but it's also a collapsing theory; which is to say, of all possible outcomes, there was but one that actually happened. So if you kill yourself here, you're dead here. Maybe your consciousness continues on elsewhere, I can't say and neither can anyone else, but don't mistake that for continuing on here.

K. Tell that to Chris Cornell and Chester from LP.........oh yeah, you can't.
<LikeReally5>

So in your theory suicide is the only way to transfer your conscience being to another multiverse?

What happens to everyone who dies of murder? Or getting hit by a drunk driver? Or just being really old?

So in your theory suicide is the only way to transfer your conscience being to another multiverse?

What happens to everyone who dies of murder? Or getting hit by a drunk driver? Or just being really old?

probably

<Fedor23>

I hope I manage to explain myself. Im pretty sold on the multiverse theory.
Imo if you try to kill yourself there will always be one scenario where you survive. So you are condemned to continue your concious life in that scenario.
I guess I should add this happened to me hence the theory.
Opinions? Am I making any sense?
This theory has crossed my mind, but applying to death in general.

When I was like thirteen, I was having the "Disc Read Error" problem on my PS2, so every other week I had to open up the system and clean the optical lens. Problem was, I was doing it wrong, and would detach / reattach every component (causing more problems). So to fix those, I had to leave the system plugged into the 120V A/C outlet to see if the red light was on in the front (to ensure the system was operational). And to fix another problem, I had to ignore a "DO NOT OPEN" sticker and opened up the PS2's power supply unit, grabbing the bottom with both hands, and fucking electrocuting myself.

All that happened was my arms went numb and I immediately dropped the PSU, but I really should've died, IMO.

I wonder sometimes if the fucking terrible life I've had afterwards is some sort of hellish alternate universe I entered after that mishap, but TBH, it wasn't that great beforehand either.

I'm a 10-year paramedic/firefighter.

Trust me, some people are pretty successful in suicide.

Also I don't do drugs and I'm not a physics major so I can't comment on a multiverse

I've wondered if when you die you "wake up" in another timeline or universe or whatever. You'd still be in "your" life and you'd be the same person, with the same experiences and whatnot. You just wouldn't be aware that you died in another universe.

I've wondered about this because I've had several experiences where I easily could have died, and it's a miracle that I didn't. But I was talking to a friend about this after he and I were in a car wreck that totaled my truck. We were saying "How did we survive that? What if we didn't actually survive?"

It's hard to explain and I'm tired right now. Not sure if this makes any sense.
TS has a fundamentally flawed idea of the way the multiverse would theoretically work and is mixing in some Flash episodes I am guessing.

If there is a multiverse where every theoretical reality is taking place, you do not get transported to one when you die. That is a separate split reality. Basically that other you is as separate from you as the guy up the street.

The you that dies via suicide is the only you that you are conscious of and thus if he dies you are done. The other you's in the other universe were not the ones who dies and thus have no connection to that you and you won't transport in to give them one. Unless you are the flash.

This theory may work for killing yourself or dying prematurely, but what about in every single timeline in which you reach old age and die. Or are there multi verses out there where technology has advanced so much that you never die.

Anyways...
Nah/10
That's what I'm thinking. But, since everything that is possible is happening somewhere, maybe there is a universe out there where someone is living forever. And maybe, if you made all the wrong choices in life, you love with that for an eternity and that's what Hell is.

I don't get it. There's no part of the multiverse theory that involves interaction between different realities.

You commit suicide you die.

Just like if you chop down a tree it falls over.

It's just basic cause and effect. Why would it be any different?

Because you're romantic?

This was my least favorite episode of Sliders.

I've long considered writing a story revolving around the idea that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die, where the main character kills himself/dies in an accident, but through their experience they can never die because every single time they relive life flashing before their eyes and they can't get unstuck.
Thanks for ruining it! USE SPOILER TAGS!

Last edited:
its called the Shrodiger's cat experiment
Or Quantum Immortality

Point of order, Ricky Shroeder never had a cat.

74cf0b22d78a32624a1059cd8d397705--ricky-schroder-shining-star.jpg

That's why you need to collapse the multiverse super structure.

You people need to educate yourselves

If I know me and the rest of myself like I think I do, we would all be ont eh same page and doing it at the same time. I can accurately keep time perfectly in my head, so im guessing we all can. The obiovus time to to this would be evident to al of us at once, so we all go out together.

I hope I manage to explain myself. Im pretty sold on the multiverse theory.
Imo if you try to kill yourself there will always be one scenario where you survive. So you are condemned to continue your concious life in that scenario.
I guess I should add this happened to me hence the theory.
Opinions? Am I making any sense?
Naw, makes no sense. Aside from the normal person even trying to figure out a multi verse, what you are saying is that if you in another universe killed themselves, they might float into your life and continue existing. Well, then I guess they murdered you? And even if this was true and we are all connected this way, why would only death be the way we would be able to get to another universe? It is almost like you are trying to write an updated bible.

TS has a fundamentally flawed idea of the way the multiverse would theoretically work and is mixing in some Flash episodes I am guessing.

If there is a multiverse where every theoretical reality is taking place, you do not get transported to one when you die. That is a separate split reality. Basically that other you is as separate from you as the guy up the street.

The you that dies via suicide is the only you that you are conscious of and thus if he dies you are done. The other you's in the other universe were not the ones who dies and thus have no connection to that you and you won't transport in to give them one. Unless you are the flash.

We don't know how any of it works, though. And I'm not talking about suicide in particular here, but death in general. How do we know, if the multiverse theory is true, that it doesn't work like that old Jet Li movie The One? Where every other "you" that dies, somehow gets transferred into the other "yous" in other universes?

I think to be safe, we all have to assume that "I" am the only "me" in existence. It would be stupid to assume otherwise. And we should live accordingly. But it's fun food for thought to imagine other copies of us in other universes/dimensions.

Back