Its literally impossible to commit suicide because you will survive every time theory

Aerosol

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I hope I manage to explain myself. Im pretty sold on the multiverse theory.
Imo if you try to kill yourself there will always be one scenario where you survive. So you are condemned to continue your concious life in that scenario.
I guess I should add this happened to me hence the theory.
Opinions? Am I making any sense?

Last edited:
Mandela died from a respiratory infection.
If that's what you call the "mandela effect"

You can't kill yourself in the multiverse

<seedat>

I've wondered if when you die you "wake up" in another timeline or universe or whatever. You'd still be in "your" life and you'd be the same person, with the same experiences and whatnot. You just wouldn't be aware that you died in another universe.

I've wondered about this because I've had several experiences where I easily could have died, and it's a miracle that I didn't. But I was talking to a friend about this after he and I were in a car wreck that totaled my truck. We were saying "How did we survive that? What if we didn't actually survive?"

It's hard to explain and I'm tired right now. Not sure if this makes any sense.

Yes it does make sense thanks for your post!

Under that theory it's not really up to you. There will always be instances where you kill yourself. Some fail.

thenug-zoaqzJDPuN.gif

I've long considered writing a story revolving around the idea that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die, where the main character kills himself/dies in an accident, but through their experience they can never die because every single time they relive life flashing before their eyes and they can't get unstuck.

Gettin real tired of you guys and your shit lately

If i kill myself, I'll get stronger and finally I will be the ONE!!

Imo if you try to kill yourself there will always be one scenario where you survive. So you are condemned to continue your concious life in that scenario.
I've often thought about this actually. I thought I was the only one. The reason being, I had a near death experience. And I thought, "if the multiverse theory is correct, there are universes out there where I died, separated from us by unimaginable distances, but so close to us in the quantum world of probability." So, am I only here conscious because I'm in one of the universes where I lived? Or was I always in this universe and timeline where I lived? In other words, do those universes branch off every time a particle decoheres and a fragment of time can be measured? Or are they already out there? The conclusion I came to is that they are already out there, as everything that could possibly happen is already playing itself out somewhere else, or hasnjust played itself out somewhere else, or is about to, or did a long time ago, etc.

This also makes sense for time travel. There's no paradox if when you travel back in time, you're just going to a universe that is essentially identical to yours but concurrently not as old as yours.

However, it may be that our consciousness is the only thing that can travel amongst them. So I still have no answer for you. It is a very interesting theory and something I have often thought about. Has any credible theoretical physicists ever talked about this?

Give it a shot. If it's meant to be it's meant to be.

This theory may work for killing yourself or dying prematurely, but what about in every single timeline in which you reach old age and die. Or are there multi verses out there where technology has advanced so much that you never die.

Anyways...
Nah/10

Too many inhalants.

its called the Shrodiger's cat experiment
Or Quantum Immortality

This theory may work for killing yourself or dying prematurely, but what about in every single timeline in which you reach old age and die. Or are there multi verses out there where technology has advanced so much that you never die.

Anyways...
Nah/10
time isn't linear so there is a version of you that exists in the year 30000 and a version of you that exists in the year 1. so you'd never die of old age. there will always be a version of you that exists.

just a theory though

Back